• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Was out at the bridge yesterday long enough to watch someone get ticketed for too many fish and too many lines in the water. Hopefully that scared off some people looking to do the same. I'll be out there today with TIP on my phone for anyone else interested. What a beautiful site! As far as fish, lots of little males out there.

Kudos to the CO who got that person! I know that now is a time where a lot of people like to fill their freezers but the DNR has put limits on fish for a reason. There are more and more anglers every year and the information is out there to key people off to hot bites. Fish can get over harvested in a hurry. TIP has been nabbing lots of people recently (check out this weeks ODN) thanks to concerned anglers like yourself. Keep up the good work.

Good Luck,

Corey Bechtold

Was that "ticketing" in the late afternoon?I saw the warden pull into the pier parking lot and thought to myself,he's gonna be a busy man!Good for him as I know Knife gets POUNDED way to hard every spring,and I think that's why the size of the panfish has shrunk? frown.gif

Hi

Been a LONG while since I was up in that area.

To bad people feel the need to over kill or simply can't COUNT? frown.gif

Might be fun to go up Sunday see how the fish are doing, hang, have a sandwich & a pop, meet some people.

What's an easy way to get to the bridge from lets say 35 north at the Stacy Exit?

Thanks.

Maybe see ya there.

smile.gif

Tom

I'd recommend going to the rock creek or hinckley exits, at rock creek, you can follow 70 west all the way to 65 north. Head north of Mora about 8 miles (rough estimate) to CR19 west. You can't miss it. If you go to hinkley just take 23 west to 65 north and then the same. If you hit the access on the north end by crow's nest/rob's you went a little too far. Expect a CROWD. Was at the bridge for maybe 10 minutes before I was sick enough to head elsewhere and it paid off. Lots on nice sunnies and crappies to be had elsewhere with the occasional perch thrown in. Get away from that crowd!

any body have an update on where people are starting to catch crappies on knife. going up next weekend. putting in the dock and my uncles pontoon.

I'm sure they're still hitting by the bridge but it will probably be crowded. We've been picking up a few crappies (8"-11 3/4") mixed in with sunnies on the north end and in fetcheimer (sp?) bay. Just try and find shallow water with lots of cover. There's a lot of areas producing, those are just a couple.

12_5CRAPPIE.JPG

12 1/2 in. Knife Lake Crappie on a Scenic Tackle Go Devil (little blurry)

Hip Hop,

Please don't advertise to the world where you catch fish.

Keep it quiet. Word of mouth is bad enough let alone the internet. Posting a report or picture of a fish is fine, but please don't give out the lake, spot, bait, etc.

One post you're complaining about all the people fishing the lake and the next post you're giving out all kinds of info. about it. No wonder it's over-crowded and over-fished.

After your posts here I'll bet there will be a hundred boats on the lake tomarrow. mad.gif

I thought this web site was about sharing information? confused.gif

Northland,

Yes, this site is about sharing information, but I feel it should be general information not specific. Such as "I had a good day crappie fishing on a local lake today using minnows" instead of "I hammered the crappies on Lake XXX in 7 feet of water in the south bay using a 1/16 oz. green jig tipped with a minnow head between 4:00 and 6:30 PM, GPS coord. XXX, etc.

This subject has come up many times before on this site.

Giving out "honey holes" and "hot bites" I don't agree with.

I sure wouldn't share mine, would you?

I thought I was rather polite in my post, respectably requesting that things be "kept quite". I could have said worse...

Wavey Davey- hip hop can give out any info that he wants, but I do agree that he shouldn't come back after and say that spot is full of boats and wonder why. Who knows this day in age maybe he is baiting people to the wrong spot and lake to keep his own "honey hole" open? Either way he has the right to do what he wants and you can't knock him for trying to help others enjoy catching some fish!!

Ozzie, yes, people can do what they want but I don't have to agree with them...

By the way, I'm always right (just ask my wife) grin.gif

Have a good day and good fishing.

Hi all, first time post. Take the information for what it's worth. I believe what was meant is that it is ok to take fish by legal means, just not some of the stuff he was seeing. As far as the over-crowding, you don't have to follow the crowd. Like he says, do some searching on your own. There is alot of lake there that produces fish. Not just the typical areas.

I don't think it is right to give somebody a hard time for providing information about fishing, even if it is specific. People can take the info as they want and it may or may not be accurate. This site is about sharing information. What good does it do to say " I caught some fish on some lake using some bait"? Good fishing to all!

I didn't realize "north end" was specific but thats alright. Just a little fyi, I've been fishing the past week out there and haven't had a boat within 50 yards of me. Fetcheimer and the bridge are no secret. I gave those out because thats where the crowds are anyway, and if you go to the bait shop and ask where to go thats what he'll tell you. I haven't even bothered fishing the bridge or fetcheimer myself. Thats why I said find cover and get away from the crowd. Trust me, I'm not giving out any "honey holes" As for the pic with the go devil, they're a sponser thats why I posted it. From what I've gathered in the last week it doesn't even matter what your using if you find the fish. Sorry I offended you by trying to help fellow fm'ers get on fish. Anyone wanting info on Knife can hit me at [email protected] so as not to offend him. by the way I'm sure there will be a hundred boats out there tomorrow, its saturday.

Was up to Knife yesterday putting out the docks at the cabins. Windy,rainy,cold. The Crappies and Sunnies are still biting. If you want to be away from the crowds go during the week and there will be no weekend warriors. We found fish in 5 different spots. Didnt even go to the pier. We leave that for the shore fishermen.

Ron

Me and Fishinmike0770 and a non fishing minnesota member went out knife today. we cought nothing but bull heads, carp and rock bass due to winter kill.

Just kidding we cought a good share of crappies and 3 or 4 deffernt spots. It was freezing out today.

fishkid,

You need to change your signature or your dad "ME" will change it for you..... mad.gif Or I will block this website on the parental controls smirk.gif

Thats better my boy. I know they are verus from songs but some aren't appropriate.

Dad