• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Size of No Roll Sinker???

Ok River Gods what size No Roll Sinker should I order for fishing the MN? I will be ordering it from Catfish Connection thanks to Dennis Steele. Along with some other items.

~Matt Jung

Hey Matt,

I usually order more 3 oz than anything else. Then a good assorment of 1 1/2, 2, and 5oz. The 5's I use for pinning down good sized flathead baits and the rest are used for cut baits. You want just enough weight to keep your bait in place and no more. Your hook ups improve with the least amount of weight, and you snag up less.

I have also found out that Scenic Tackle will have no rolls available very soon. So you can also order some sinkers from them. I have to say that the No Rolls look a lot better from Scenic Tackle. Not that looks matter to a cat.

I was sent a few samples and was impressed with how clean the sinkers were. The holes were all completely open and there wasn't any lead to trim off where the mold fits together.

Thanks Dennis,

I will order some 3oz and 5oz. I was looking for just one that would hold the bait, and never thought of what size to use for Flathead bait. Off hand how soon will the ones from Scenic Tackle be avialable? I assume if you got samples they must be fairly close.

Oh by the way hope to see you this saturday, at the Cool Cats event

~Matt Jung

Hey Matt,

If you haven't ordered yet, the No Roll sinkers should be available at Tackle City very shortly.

http://tacklecity.com/

Or you can email Jeff Beckwith from Scenic Tackle and he can give you a better idea when they will be available.

[email protected]

Jeff, Could a guy get jigs in all one color instead of the variety packs?

Jeff:

I looked on the site, Where is the link for the sinkers? Also I have the same question as DARK30 from above.

Thanks,

~Matt Jung

I also have some of the Scenic Tackle No-Roll weights. They are very well formed and as Dennis said, use-ready with no mussed up openings. I go through lots of No-Rolls and I was very happy to see Scenic get them in their line for 2005.

I also picked up some of the Scenic Pro-Jigs and man they are nice. Quality paint and quality hooks with nifty color combo's that catch fish. I am a big fan of two-tone coloration on jigs. You can hone in on the bite quicker that way.

Watch for New & Kewl jig models to be coming out from Scenic Tackle. I am a big fan of the Stand-up style jig for live baits and large plastics. Jeff has a super stand-up model that has done very well for me on big walleye. A key to good stand-up jigs is the right shape and the proper size hooks to accommodate large plastics and get a solid hook-up..these jigs do that and more.

Other super news is they all will soon me available at your local Gander Mountain stores. I do encourage you to support FM.com with your purchases of quality Scenic Tackle products. It is great to have the Scenic line more widely available for them last minute tackle needs.

Scenic Tackle is Quality tackle at a good price, ya I can dig it. I am getting too old to tote around stuff that is dead weight. So, if I am using them it is because they work.

Fairly new catman here so I'll be gearing up with all the goodies in the next couple months. I'll be checking out the archives but don't be surprised if I start tossing around some rod, reel & line questions soon.

I think I'll be getting my No-Roll Sinkers from Jeff. I'll probably go through a lot this next summer so its good to be supporting a guy that is supporting us.

Dark and Bassman,

Yes you get them any way you like. We currently have 20 colors and a wide variety of styles. Drop me an email at the below address and let me know what you are looking for.

The No Rolls were an item that we had been asked to make several times. People wanted a sinker with a smooth center hole at a reasonable price. So we made them. As an intro product they will be available here on FM soon.

As Ed indicated the entire line of No Rolls and other Scenic Tackle products will also be available at several Gander Mountain Stores this season!

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

I can't find no-roll sinkers on the site. Am I blind? And exactly which Gander stores are you talking about?

Oh, and one more question for the newbie. How do you guys rig these?

Hey Ralph,

Shoot Jeff an email. He's the dude that makes them.

[email protected]

To rig them just run your line through the hole, then put a bead on , and tie to a swivel. Run a 6 to 18" leader from the swivel and tie on a hook.

The bead is to prevent the sinker from banging on your knot or the sinker from getting stuck on your swivel.

Leader length depends on the amount of current or how snaggy it is.(wood rocks etc.) Short leader for fast water long leader for slow water is the general rule.

Ralph,

Drop either myself or Rick an email regarding the No Roll Sinkers. As for the Gander Stores we are still waiting for them to enter the UPC codes into their system before shipping them.