• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

??? Eagle Lake near Big lake

Fished thurs mornin straight out from access. caught nothing worth writing about. How come no one fishes on the side of the lake in the deep hole. Is it because of springs or the feeder from Elk River??

It's because the Elk River is polluted...(no...I don't know?) That river is nasty, though...from the farmfield run-off mostly...

BackHerUp, the reason the river is so nasty and green. Is not from the farmers fields. It is because of all of the sand in sherburne county. That river was that way when my dad was a kid. He is 65 years old. The river is clean in the spring when all of the snow melts. After that it becomes green and brown. Espically after it rains and the sand runs into the river.

P.S. Most lakes and rivers are not green because of farm field runoff they are green because of Lawn fertilizers. Per acre there is less fertilizers put on a farm field then there is on your own lawn. So for anyone reading this look for environmently friendly fertilizers. It will help the lakes not to be so Green. Wright county I believe banned lake homes from using fertilizers with Phosphates and it has started to help.

failed septic systems over the years probably contributed as well to the lakes alge problem.interesting that big lake itself is not as affected as eagle lake

confused.gif I guess that doesnt really answer my question. Back Her Up you seem to always complain about dirty lakes and rivers. I have eaten fish out of these lakes and havent had any problems. Are you paranoid?? confused.gif

I believe its the weeds. the north basin has numerous weeds, and thats why all the fishin' is happenin' there. the deeper south basin is mostly sandy with very little vegataion. I hope this helps.

NAPAFISH writes:

Quote:

Back Her Up, you seem to always complain about dirty lakes and rivers...

"always complain"?? Besides a post last year about Beebe Lake (cancerous fish with lesions we caught was reported on Kare 11, last summer), name another...you posted a question and I answered...

"I'm just statin' the facts, as I see 'em, ma'am" grin.gif

Quote:

...I have eaten fish out of these lakes and haven't had any problems...

...that you know of confused.gif

You defintely have a case of tapeworms if you're eating fish out of Beebe! shocked.gif

My colonoscopy showed I was clean as a whistle!!grin.gif

Quote:

...Are you paranoid??

grin.gif

Not anymore...just cautious and inquisitive, as you should be.

Ever wonder why the DNR posts Health Department warnings with their fish data? Ever wonder why over the last 10 years, we are warned to eat less and less locally caught freshwater fish?

Fish Consumption Advice

Was just trying to be helpful but I'll be sure not to answer anymore of your posts...if I bother you that much!! Have a nice life NAPA!!grin.gif

I have no tapeworms I hope confused.gif if what you are saying is true most of the people I know have them. I did not really read anything bad from the advisory. I am willing to bet that almost EVERY lake has some cancerous fish or some fish with defects.

Quote:

I did not really read anything bad from the advisory.

You don't think eating more than 1 walleye (under 20") a month is bad? Or the fact that is recommended that you don't eat any walleye over 20" at all, is bad?

I remember when it was safe to eat as much fish as you wanted to, and that it was good for you too...

Just wait five years and it will be good for you again. Backherup I agree with you that I would not eat fish out of certain places. Anything south of saint cloud on the mississippi I would not eat from. If you eat anything in moderation you will be fine. Just leave the two headed ones alone.

I was just asking a friend at work (who lives on the Mississippi, in Hasty) if he eats the walleye he catches in the river. He said that he and his wife will eat it, but he won't let his grandchildren eat it because he's unsure of the mercury content of these fish...more than anything, just to be safe. It's really too bad.

But you're right...wait a couple of years and some scientist will come out and say that "we have found that smoking three to four cigarette packs a day and consuming high levels of mercury are healthy for you...but please refrain from eating a bowl of Cheerios in the morning as we have determined that milk is causing baldness and impotence in males and the Cheerios product is responsible for the heavy rainfall and landslides California has been experiencing and the millfoil infestations in many of Minnesota's lakes..." grin.gif

...in a related story.

AP Wire:

"The Surgeon General and the Health Department issued statements today indicating that the catastrophic earthquake and resulting tsunami that hit southeast Asia earlier this year, may have resulted from an overwhelming amount of Americans eating Wendy's Chili (with cheese and onions). It is speculated that the resulting Flatulance Levels (F.L.) had surpassed all other previously recorded events. Studies indicate that enough people expelled gases simultaneously throughout the United States to form a "sonic boom". These sound waves traveled through the earth and ruptured a previously undiscovered fault line in the Pacific Rim. Dave Thomas and Wendy's Restaurants have declined any wrong doing and were unavailable for comment"... grin.gifgrin.gif