• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Johan Santana 4 more years!

buzzsaw

It looks like the Twins have just put together a four year deal with Johan that should help keep this team in contention for years to come! Some people like to talk about off season signings like Ordonez (bad knees), Percival (old), Millwood (decent)... I'd have to say re-signing Radke and Santana are better signings than any other in the division if not the entire league.

I went ahead and deleted mine. No sense in keeping 2 threads up on the same topic. Definately exciting to know that Santana will be around for awhile. I was worried a bit that he would head off elsewhere with a big contract. I'm sure there was some compromising on both sides. Glad they got it worked out.

Twins gave themselves another feather in the defensive cap when they re-signed Radke and Johan. The streak Johan went on last year after the break will be hard to beat, and wow is he fun to watch.

Pitching and defense wins games, slugging just sells tickets.

Finally the Twins have decided to spend some money!! I wish that they could spend a little cash to shore up the infield. But, it is hard to doubt the Twins judge of talent..they always seem to put the right people in the right places!! On ESPN..they said IF Mauer is healthy with this pitching staff the Twins just might challenge for the World Series!!

Johan and Radke will win at least 35 games between them. Just think if babyface Lohse can pull his head out. I don't think the Central will even be close this year. Twins by at least 5 games - take it to the bank!!!

FI

signing Johan for four more years....BRILLIANT

don't forget, Joe Mays may be back in the mix this year after his tommy john surgery, if hee can pitch that would give us a very nice starting five

johan

radke

silva

loshe

mays

What do you think Mays will do, if anything this year? It would be huge to get some decent innings out of him. It seems like his situation has been the same for the past 4 years. It would be nice to get some results.

The reports I've heard on Mays is that he's throwing without pain. That's good news after Tommy Johns sugery.

If he can get that sinking fastball under control, with Santana and Radke in the lineup, this could be a very interesting year, fellas.

I agree, but I don't think our pitching staff has any major question marks. I'm concerned w/ the new look infield. We're gonna need some of the younger boys to step up. There's alot of potential there, just need em to show up.

Agreed. This is what, I feel, makes the Twins sooooo cool. No superstars, no real big names, roster changes every year, focus is on defense and not the long ball........and they've won a few division titles the last couple of years.

Gotta love the Twins.

We sign the best pitcher in baseball in his prime for 4 years and 40 million dollars while the Yankees sign "The Aging Unit" for one year for almost half that. Then you have Houston who puts up with the ridiculous antics of their egomaniac Clemens and sign him at age 42 for almost twice as much as Santana. Gotta like the business savvy of the Twins Org.

Absolutely, and let's face it, Johan and a lot of other Twins could very easily go to other teams and make bigger bucks. Steinbrenner would have given a body part for a hard throwing lefty like Santana.

Is it something in the Minnesota water? Or, is it the way Terry Ryan puts a team together...their character, what ever you call it, that makes players actually WANT to play in Minnesota instead of running for huge money?

I'd like to think it's the really cool fans, but who's to know?

Thw Twins are a model of what a ball team SHOULD be run like. Home grown talent with focus on the fundamentals. I know it's not what necessarily is gonna sell more tickets, but it sure is sweet. Unlike the Evil Empire. I believe the yanks are in town on a Fri., Sat., Sun. this year. Sweet. YANKEES-SUCK-sticker.jpg

Gotta love the way so many of the Twins players came up from the minor leagues together. Makes for some great team chemistry. Baseball fundamentals. There's something you don't hear many big league teams talk about, but it wins games.

we signed the key to the world series. like said earlier, our new infeild needs to produce. it would be nice to see moonshot hit a bunch of homers, becuase it helps the hitters around him, like hunter, jones, stewart, and maurer.

twins, without injury, will win this divison hands down. lets hope we can take it all, again.

I read a Peter Gammons report in ESPN the magazine which he stated that if Mauer and Cuddyer produce the twins have a shot at winning the world series(i think someone else said this above). Now he also said that is IF Mauer is able to play catcher with his knees(So young but already bad knees)that he very well may be the best catcher in baseball. But IF his knees don't hold up they may be able to move him over to first base. And this will be the year we can see if Cuddyer can play 3rd base and replace(one of my personal favorite players) Cory Koskie. All in all the twins, with that just awsome starting rotation can and will dominate. If they can stay healthy and Johan has another great year and Radke can start producing like he used to, I can't see a reason they can't make it to the series. GO TWINS!!