• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ok, we need some humor here.What crazy things has your dog eat???

Benny

I sware I have a canine vacume cleaner, she eats any thing left where she can get it.All eccept her own food any way.

So far she has eat crayons,glitter markers,polly pocket dolls,bag of burnt pop corn,cat litter and what ever was in it ,ice cream cone wrapers which she ended up tossing back up the next day,succers,tooth paste,yogert tubes with yogert in them,marbles,pencils,minnows,one plastic pail but she didn't swallow any part of it that I could tell,and of coarse any cat food left down.

I still think she swallowed an empty shot shell one time, but the vet said she would toss it up or poop it out.I never saw any in the dung when I cleaned up after her.

Oh lets not forget the used kleenex and tp from the waste baskets, her favorites!!!!

Benny

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tripleplay

• Bushwacker

• hoggs222

• Diesel D

My lab loves Dixie cups. Ever since she was a small puppy she would sit by the bathroom counter and wait for my wife to drop the Dixie cup in the trash after it was used. It is the funniest thing to watch her laying in the middle of the floor methodically pulling that Dixie cup apart. She does not eat just loves to make hundred of small pieces.

He other favorite thing was the toilet paper roll. We had to break her of that one. I walked in to the bathroom once to see blizzard. Maggie was tearing the roll off the holder as white fluff floated all around the bathroom. It was so hard to discipline her since all I could do was laugh.

I can't add much to that list. As I read it, all I could do is nod. Nothing is sacred if it is at or near eye level.

One thing she likes to do is try to sneak the kids' toys outside and then 'play' with them. She'll look so innocent sitting by the door wanting to go outside - all the while hiding a lego, block, plastic animal, etc. in her mouth just hoping she doesn't get busted.

Believe it or not, one day after a parade my dog had traffic stopped on the main road through town eating the left overs from the horses.

When my female was 4 months old she ate an entire 5 lb bag of Mike and Ikes that I had gotten for my wife as a joke (shes got quite a sweet tooth.) You could actually feel them in her stomach as it sagged to the floor. I called my vet to ask if I should induce vomitting, he said "I don't think you'll have to induce anything." He was right, about 5 minutes later we had some projectile vomit that looked like a rainbow coming out of her. There have been other things, socks, hats, but those Mike and Ikes were something.

When we got Jeffrey, a GSP, we put a stuffed monkey in his kennel. Jeffrrey really liked monkey. Then one day Jeffrey destroyed monkey and it was snowing "Monkey puff" all over the living room.

Now, if it's stuffed it's not going to be stuffed for long. The kids have even gotten in the habit of daily puff cleaning.

With 3 kids under 7 years of age I can say that my dog has pooped some real rainbows. Every color you can imagine. Parts of diapers, toys, kleenex's, shoes, hair binders, you name it.

i had a lab one time eat the leg off of our 100 year old kitchen table. wasn't a very pretty sight around my house for a few weeks ! the wife was not real happy with that dog

Tess my GSP when young had a habit of unwrapping and eating any of the smaller presents under the christmas tree. Scoopin' after that was a little easier as everything had a shine of red and green or a ribbin hanging out of it!

Last week she ate the rubber stopper that covers the recharging slot on a new cell phone (in fact I'm not sure she didn't catch it out of the air before it even hit the floor). Tess has also made it a habit to almost always only eating things from one of my daughters, we could go to McDonalds and get three Happy Meal toys and she would always destroy Molly's--very selective eater can't you tell.

Best story though is that we kennel her at the vets fancy place when we are out of town and they of course require a stool sample to be tested each time. Wife brings it in the day before we are to leave town and gets a call back within two hours! "Excuse us maam but while testing the stool smaple we thought it was important to call you and let you know that your dog must have eaten your pearl necklace as we found one of the pearls in the sample!" My wife doesn't have a pearl necklace and we figured out that my daughters had been making bead necklaces and she ate one of the beads. Vet office was a little embarassed that they couldn't tell the difference.

Oh, I forgot to mention, Jeffrey is quite a fan of plastic bags. One day I walked upstairs and found him with a potatoe chip bag stuck on his head. One of the clear ones you can see through. Wasn't on tight or anything and he was breathing just fine. From the looks of the room there was a mighty battle to get the bag off his head. About 2 seconds after I take the bag off his head what does he do?? You got it, he tried to stick it back in. Apparently, there was still a chip in there that he hadn't gotten yet.

A while back we lived in a house that had a mail slot cut into the front door. The postman would push through packages that would land in our entry / foyer.

Our Brittany would run to the door each day. If we were gone any food that came through that slot (candy, bubble gum, etc) would be pulled from the package and consumed.

What else:

sticks of butter

cans of waste meat grease or vegetable oil

cat litter box

bird seed under the feeder

carrots and asparagus

any thing left in the garbage that was not secured behind a childproofed lock

yep, add diapers to the list too ?

She was a gluten, but boy do I miss her

One of the funniest things I have ever heard happened to my uncle. He is a police officer in a small central MN town. His wife has a daycare at home and had thrown away one of those Sam's Club size plastic jars of cheeze puffs. They had a lab that was about 10 years old at the time and she was one of the best behaved and calmest labs I have ever seen, but the cheese puff container was too tempting for any dog to ignore. She reached up into the garbage that had a lid, but the lib was propped open just a little bit. She pulled out the container and started licking away. After she got the edges she went for the mother load and stuck her head in, that's when the fun started. She could see out, but not very well, so she started running, and running, and ...............running. She was spotted on Main St. bumping into people and running full speed into moving cars. The whole town was in an uproar. The dog with a jar on its head. About 50 people called the police and guess who was on duty, my uncle. He got to her as she was running out into the lake and then back onto shore, and then over again and again with a crowd of school children and shoppers and business people all watching the show. Uncle sees its his own dog, but tries not to let on. Instead of SASSY, he whispers ssssaaaassssy. She comes running with her tail wagging and jumps up on him. He grabs her and throws her into the back of the squad car like a criminal. The best part is the crowd started cheering. Kids where yelling and old ladies were pumping their fists and whooping. My uncle sheepishly waved and acknowledged the crowd and drove in the direction of the dog pound until he was out of site and then straight home and the dog went into the kennel and he was back on the job. Every time my uncle tells the story the whole room is in tears. So I guess long story short, his dog ate cheesy puff crumbs.

The worst day our dog Libby has had is when she chewed a pair of my glasses and an acrylic duck call within an hour. I fell asleep on the couch downstairs by her and she decided my glasses that were sitting on the table looked like a tasty treat. When I woke up and couldn't find my glasses I thought maybe I left them in my hunting room. She always follows me in there and watches everything I do for hours if I let her. This day she came in and took off just as fast. I thought it was a little weird but just let her go. After looking everywhere I went upstairs and asked my wife if she saw my glasses anywhere. All of a sudden I hear a loud chomping sound and see Libby with her tail wagging and her mouth looking like a smile. She was on her bean bag with my Acrylic Echo double reed duck call. Acrylic is tough, but a dog can still put pretty good imprints in it. After taking that away I glanced in the corner and saw what was left of my frames from my glasses. Two things that she had been around for her entire life, she decided to chew at the same time. I guess she figured she was going to be in trouble for the glasses, so she might as well just try a duck call too. I needed new glasses anyway grin.gif

I can't add too much besides occassionaly her own poop & this other time I had a party at my house & the next day I saw her chewing on something. Yeah, it was a diamond earring.

3 month old female decided the wifes underwear would be tasty. I now call her my little lezbo puppy. Drives my wife nuts, its great. (By the way, undies were on the floor, not on my wife):-) shocked.gif

I've already posted earlier but your chesse puff story reminded me that my dog Tess is a renowned dishwasher plate licker. I'm sure you can guess where this story is going but I'm upstairs changing out of my work clothes when I hear this tremendous racket and my wife screaming. Sure enough---Tess reaches in real far to take a lick off of a rinsed plate and catches her collar on the bottom rack of the dishwasher. Panics and pulls back and takes off backwards dragging the dishwasher rack full of dishes right out of the dishwasher. The more my wife hollers and screams the more panicked Tess is and the dishwasher rack finally ends up in a completely different room before Tess finally pulled her collar over her head.

I arrive downstairs in various stage of dress/undress to find dog cowering in corner, dishes laying everywhere, kids in total shock and wife borderline psychotic from experience. All have recovered with the exception of one broken plate! Unfortunately Tess did not learn and still tries to steal a lick off of those lower rack dishes.

Also agree with the underwear eating experiences but it is not Tess, instead it is our 14 year weiner dog who has dined on many a pair of the kids skivies.

My dog chewed up both of my leather couches and ate some of it. She also likes beer a lot.

Quote:

Believe it or not, one day after a parade my dog had traffic stopped on the main road through town eating the left overs from the horses.

ROTFLMAO!

Marmot

I hope this doesn't get too long, but here we go. I had a BIG Male Black Lab named Buddy. I had a cage connected to the back of my garage and just inside the garage was his house and there was a door to let him out of the house so I could feed him in the garage. Anyhow, one day, when my kids were young, one of them left this door open. Thus the dog had a free reign of the entire garage. I came home late from work and went out to feed Buddy. There he was, laying on the floor looking at me with the guiltiest look I had ever seen. Also, his black face was covered with mud and blood. He looked like Kujo. Well, during his tyraid, Buddy chewed up three pairs of hunting waders, chewed through two plastic bottles of water, got into a bag of potting soil. You can about imagine what the garage looked like. However, the last items he decided to chew up got even with him. I had five fishing poles. Notice I said I HAD. He chewed four of them to shreds and the fifth one was not a good idea. On this pole was a Shad Rap with two treble hooks. The front treble hook embedded in his front lower lip. He proceeded to keep moving his tung back and forth over the tip of the treble hook and had a cut about two inches long and about half inch deep. So, I throw Buddy in my car and head to the Doggy Hospital. This was 20 miles away. Got there and the vet could not believe it. This dog looked bad. Anyhow, the vet knocked him out and we were able to cut the hooks out. The vet told me to be careful because sometimes when the dog is coming out of the knocked out phase, they can get mean as they do not know what they are doing. This happened about half way home. I could see Buddy sit up in the rearview mirror and he starts to howl as loud as you could imagine. The vehicle I had was a small station wagon and luckily I had a fence in the back because if that dog could have got at me, I don't think it would have been good. He was growling and howling. What a night. Everything turned out fine after that. I did however get rid of that dog after about three years as he got too big for a town dog. Gave him to a farmer and he decided to try to catch a car and lost.

Flash

"Set the Hook"

An individual wrapped slice of cheese. Came back out the rear end still wrapped!

Also this may be urban legend but I heard of a guy who had a known neiborhood cat killer for a dog. Well one day the dog comes home with a dead white cat.The dude recognizes the cat as his next door neighbors. So he cleans it up and puts it back in the neighbors garage hoping they would think it just died of natural causes.

The next day his neighbor shows up and says, "Funny thing, my cat died the other day and I buried it out back and now it turns up in my garage all cleaned up."

Benny,

Does everybody's dog just love to grab kleenex? What is the attraction of that. We finally had to get covered garbage cans to quell this habit.

Funny stuff guys. I have yet to have a major "the dog ate what" episode in our 6 months with Diamond. We've caught her before she destroyed something everytime thus far. But, she picks up absolutely anything on the floor. So, it's just a matter of time.

I once had a Springer that was a different story. Anyone that has owned a Springer knows how viciously they will defend whatever they have pilfered. This Springer once plucked the remains of a recently consumed pheasant off the counter, on a 2 inch deep serving plate. The plate didn't even move. After I finally won the fight to regain control of the carcass, I thought I was going to need stitches on my hands. I lost some skin in that battle. Them Springers are an odd breed of dogs. Spooky and crabby describe them best, but natural hunters they are.

my yellow lab pup got ahold of my partial denture (only one tooth on it) and broke the tooth right off! thank god for super glue!!!!

Sam, (my Lab),

When he was a little guy loved to eat tube socks, I think that he is over it now confused.gif But now he loves to get the empy T.P cardboard rolls. He doesn't alway tear them apart, because after he takes them he knows that he shouldn't have don that, so he leaves them on the floor and acts like he doesn't know how it got there grin.gif

"hooks"

My wife thought her Basset,Nigel, needed a friend, so she got another one called Katey. Katey will do anything to get ink pens and chew them to pieces. She's also chewed disposable cameras, a mad bomber hat, my headlamp and various other items. I saw the two Bassets one day playing tug-of-war with one of the wife's bras. It wasn't nearly as funny when they decided to exchange that for a pair of my underwear.

I had two dogs, One was a nitorious chewer and the other I thought was pretty good.

One day my tounge on one of my boots was gone, poof, nothing left behind. I thought it was the chewer, Then the next day the other dog was haveing a hard time pooping. There it was, still in one peice.

My lab was a terrible chewer and always ate her plastic water bowls. I thought that I would be smart and get one of those rubber reinforced jobbies like they use on hog farms...all that was left was the metal handle grin.gif.

I watched my mom and dads dog, jump onto the counter and eat a stick of margarine...still in the foil...never chewed, just swallowed fast...don't know what the "end" result of that one looked like!

lt

Mine have gone through the usual list of kleenex, tp, diapers, etc. The worst one was our old male scarfed down a corn cob that my son dropped on the floor.....unfortunately the metal skewer/handle was still attached it it!! $1200 and several hours later the emergency vet came out and asked if I wanted the skewer back. I declined.

My short-hair (the cute/sweet/innocent one pictured at left of this post) got into some J.B. Weld one day!!! Ruined the sofa and part of the carpeting. She had it stuck around her mouth and everything. We were very lucky that she didn't get sick!

My Max has ate some goofy stuff but he has a thing for baby frogs!!! Every late spring I get alot of baby Frogs in my back yard and my dog has a field day with them. Max won't eat them but he will toss them around or wack them around in the yard with his tail. Its sooooo funny!!

Brian (muskieschaef)

Everything I have read is true but have one more thing to add. My lab ate a frozen loaf of bread dough,I asked the vet if that might cause problems, they said maybe bloating when it thawed, then constipated, My dog did get a little bloated but no other problems!! And he will not eat braunsweigert (spell check) wont even pick it up, never meet a dog who didnt love that stuff, till I got this lab!

Quote:

My Max has ate some goofy stuff but he has a thing for baby frogs!!! Every late spring I get alot of baby Frogs in my back yard and my dog has a field day with them. Max won't eat them but he will toss them around or wack them around in the yard with his tail. Its sooooo funny!!

Brian (muskieschaef)

My lab does the same thing. She(my wife and I too) can get an hours worth of entertainment on one from. She stalks, pounces, jumps, chases, sniffs, and licks each frog that ventures through our back yard. Her tail is wagging full speed the whole time grin.gif We had a huge snapping turtle somehow get into under the fence once and my wife looked out and Libby our lab was on a beautiful, stanch three-legged point for about 5 minutes before she decided she better not mess with the hissing creature.