• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Upper Mississippi River Rodeo

Kevin Turner

Quote:

Hey guys on this rodeo deal... how many of us actually play instruments?? I mess around with country and blues slide guitar. Wondering if we would have enough pickers or harp (as in harmonica) players in the evening after fishin of course to have a jam... of sorts. Any ideas?

Does the Butt Flute count? Eye Guy can play a mean butt flute!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HawgTide

• Kevin Turner

• Mark Christianson

• Keith_MN

Thanks KT. Are you going to be here on the 28th? I'll be roaming the river that day. Need to know if I should bring a big box of buzzbaits with me? wink.gif

If all goes well, I'll head up the evening of the 26th. cool.gif

So what is the final say on the rodeo? Times & dates? I think we should bump that info down to the bottom if anyone can fill us in...?

BM, Great question....

We do need a Rodeo Leader, some one who can take the bull by the horns, so to speak....

How 'bout Thurs, Aug 11, thru Sun Aug 14th?

BTW, I'm scared of bulls and responsiblity....

Those dates sound good to me. I've already put in for Vacation those days. Now if only my wife can keep that Baby from coming out until after this is over. smirk.gif

I don't have a problem helping out any way I can since I'm local, but I better be careful about volunteering to be the Leader because of the aforementioned condition of my wife.

Maybe we can get a show of hands of how many camping spots we will need altogether? KT, are the general camping spots near your place or are they scattered around the campgrounds? Obviously if we got a few together it could be a good place to build the "main fire".

So can we get a commitment fellow FM'ers? Let's hear who is...

A)Fishing, but sleeping at home.

or

B)Fishing and Camping overnight

or

C)Just stopping by to enjoy the camaraderie in the evenings

I'm in the "A" category myself.

HT,

If you are taking a nose count, I plan on being there Friday and Saturday.

Put me in the "A" catagory - Fishing, but sleeping at home.

And if anyone else who gets back to you indicates that they need a boat to fish out of either Friday or Saturday point them in my direction. My boat is small, but it will hold two people (me and one other person) easy enough.

PS Which campground are we launching out of?

HT, How 'bout you being our team leader till Mama needs ya? I'd be happy to be of assistance. Also, my beloved Red Head is poised to help with organization.

Gary at River Terrace Campground is going to get back with me on site availability and prices.

I'll be fishing & camping...

That sounds good.

Rumor I heard was that RiverPro Boats was sponsoring a Big Bass Prize! Is that true KT? grin.gif

You see how I run things? tongue.gif

HT, I think thats a great idea! Reasonable suggestions welcomed.

LoPro? HiPro? grin.gif J/K

I guess we need to be careful so we don't meet the definition of a tournament, then we would need permits, etc. Thoughts?

Make sure everyone has a digital camera. I'll have a laptop PC so we can all share.

Also/or, since we are able to have one 20" or greater in possession, you could just bring in the big one as long as it's over that.

I was thinking that we could do a daily Big Bass pot, say $5 or $10 each, to be awarded that evening. And maybe a overall Big Bass for the 4 day event.

Any input?

Just tossin ideas here.

$5 or $10 per person. Fish must be over 20" and released alive after verification. If no 20's are caught that day, the pot roles over....

Also, Can live bait be used?

I don't like Live bait. 99.9% of all Bass tourneys are artificial only so in my opinion, Live Bait shouldn't be allowed. But, I realize this is an informal gathering of FM'ers, so I guess we'll listen to anything.

I like the rollover idea. That could intensify the fun/pressure. But, we'll have to figure out how to include people that weren't in the pot the prior day.

Here's what I have so far...

A)Fishing and Evening Camaraderie, but sleeping at home.

or

B)Fishing and Camping overnight

or

C)Just stopping by to enjoy the camaraderie in the evenings

KT=B

Keith_MN=A

Bill Sloneker=A

HawgTide=A

BigLakeBa$$=A

SmallieHawgin=A

BigMike=A

Jipper=???

Dennis Steele=A

Corey Bechtold=???

Rick=???

Marblei=???

Loon=???

EBass=A

Riverwader=A

RiverRat316=???

MSRiverdog=A

Carl Z. MO=B

Chuck T. MO=B

Bob B. MO=B

Chris H. MO=B

Jim L. MO=B

Dave J. DC=B

Jerry N. PA=B

Chris M. GA=B

Whiskers

Chris A. Big Lake

Scott K. Big Lake

Greg S. Monti

Pete M. Brooklyn Park

Dave G. St Cloud

Mark R. Ramsey

Jack K. Anoka

Kevin W. Big Lake

Brooks J. Monti

Jim H. Monti

Chris L. Monti

Need more responses on what your plans are so we can plan this thing out. Also, if you are a non-boater and don't already have a "ride", state that too so we can make sure everyone will be able to get out on the river. Obviously there will be people who don't plan to be there all 4 days, so don't let that stop you from joining us.

Technically HT,

"C)Just stopping by to enjoy the camaraderie in the evenings "

There is a catagory you forgot.... fishing and stopping by in the evenings for the camaradrie.

More than likely this will be thye case for myself anyway. I would like to stay possibly on Friday and Saturday evenings though. SOKAY By the planning commish???

So wouldn't that make you an "A"? grin.gif

Bring your Guitar! Hopefully there will be a couple of players there. No Butt Flutes please, too many fires around.

HT, Look for several FM lurkers and maybe a dozen or more out of towners coming in.

SH,It would be cool if we could get some pickin' & grinnin' going on in the evening.

River Terrace is offering $5.00 off the normal camping fee.

Rodeo Camping Price:

$18.00 Water & electric

$23.00 Full hook up

KT, great price, thanks. Do they have Tent sites?

Everyone that plans on getting a campsite, you will need to make your own Reservations.

FYI, There has to be less than 30 people fishing for this not to be considered a tournament. At this point it looks like were safe.

I'm an "A". Won't be all 4 days, but a subset of it for sure.

Most likely I'll be an "A" for Saturday. I'll have to check and get back to you on that for sure. I'd be a non-boater looking for a ride. I'm in for the $5 big bass.

Bumpin Up.

Still wondering what happened to all the people that were interested in this earlier in the year. I know everything sounds good in the winter...

Come on people, what could be better than 4 days of world class smallie action?!

Here's some RP owners I think will stop by.

Carl Z. MO

Chuck T. MO

Bob B. MO

Chris H. MO

Jim L. MO

Dave J. DC

Jerry N. PA

Chris M. GA

Whiskers

Chris A. Big Lake

Scott K. Big Lake

Greg S. Monti

Pete M. Brooklyn Park

Dave G. St Cloud

Mark R. Ramsey

Jack K. Anoka

Kevin W. Big Lake

Brooks J. Monti

Jim H. Big Lake

Chris L. Monti

Dennis Steele

Cory Rochester, MN

Brady B. Anoka

Dana G. Anoka

Pat W. Champlin

Rob W. TN

Many more web guys with various riggs that plan to fish lakes & rivers.

Wow! I don't know if the river in Monti has ever seen that kind of traffic! That should be a blast (literally).

KT, how are those guys about using live bait? Will they be all for Artificial only or do we need to relax that rule?

Count me in for "A".

Most likely, I'll only make it friday and saturday night.

Guys gotta work if theres work....

I have room for one in my rig.

Does the scaless grey bass count for the contest? wink.gif

I fished with Wiskers this past weekend at Cats on the Red and he suggested that we set up an obsticle course with jugs and make timed runs. I told him we could just use the boulders instead. grin.gif