• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
only-eyes

1st annual MESA fishing contest 1/17/05 Grand Lake

only-eyes

We (minnesota electrical students assossiation) and the St. Cloud Tech College are hosting an icefishing contest with all proceeds going to the local food shelf. The contest is Monday january 17th at the public access, starting at noon and ending at 3pm with prizes awarded at 3:15. Prizes will be awarded in order for the biggest fish weighed in and scattered through out the place list, the biggest przes will not nessessarily be for the top places, with extra prizes drawn by ticket number for spots not filled by fish. Some of the wonderful prizes include a clam fish house, vexlar, several $100 dollar gift certificates, $50 gift certificates, $25 gift certificates, oil changes, jackets and other clothing, along with many other prizes and some yet to be submitted. Some sponcers include....Many great sponcers. which I don't think I can list for advertising reasons of this website, which is understandable. There will be a maximum of 149 tickets sold so your odds of winning something are pretty good. Food, beverages(non-alcoholic)will be for sale. Restrooms, and parking will be provided. The cost is $10 in advance and $12 at the contest. It is really more of a donation, because the money is going to the food shelf. So if you are interested meet us at the access for a day of fishing and fun, plus the just down right good feeling of knowing your entry fee is going to a good cause. Thanks for reading this and hope to see you there, it might also be a good chance to meet fellow FMers.

only-eyes

any questions just type away, I'm usually on the forum several times throughout the day

stellarfisher

Where can you buy tickets before the start of the event?

only-eyes

stellar give me a confirmation online and i will put you on the advanced contact list for the ticket seller.WE ALSO JUST ADDED A 1/2 DAY GUIDED MUSKIE TRIP TO MILLE LACS from predator guide service

only-eyes

We are also selling tickets at Corky's Gas and Bait in Rockville.

stellarfisher

Are all of the holes already pre-drilled or is it just going to be set up on a certain part of the lake and you can go anywhere in that part, or the entire lake? Sounds like a good time just dont know if I will be in town!

only-eyes

holes are all pre drilled

alwaysfishin

You say there are only 149 tickets being sold, does that mean there will only be a maximum of 149 anglers or is that only for the raffle. and are the holes over the whole lake or just in the public access area?? hopefully see you guys out there!!!

only-eyes

yes there will be only 149 tickets available to contestants, there is not a raffle unless we do not fill all of the prizes with fish. Some people are buying 2 tickets for 2 holes, so it will even be less then the maximum of 149 anglers.Then the remaining prizes will be drawn off by ticket number. The contest is 1 hole per ticket, and 1 prize per ticket if you catch fish, or for the drawing. The holes will be drilled in a designated area and people can only fish within that designated area. Also I do not believe fish houses are going to be allowed for the honesty factor involved, so dress warm. I'll be out there from 8am till 4pm braving the elements. Hope to see a few of you out there.

Skeets

I really would of liked to be there, but why on a Monday?

Don't people have to work these days?

Hopefully next year it will be on the weekend.

With that said, any big fish caught?

ICE ANT

HEY GUYS THAT WAS FUN. HOPE TO DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR!

ICE ANT

NO SCHOOL FOR US COLLEGE KIDS grin.gif

only-eyes

We had a great turnout for the condidtions, and raised over $1000+ dollars for the food shelf. 35 fish took prizes and 5 were drawn off that didn't get claimed by fish caught. Several people caught multiple fish, but you could only register your biggest fish per ticket bought. The reason it was on a monday is because it was going to be a school event, but we ended getting a private insurance pollicy (after trying to deal with the school pollitics)so we could open it to the public, but this was after the day was already set so next year it will be on a weekend. I would like to say thanks to all of you that made it out and thanks to the staff at fishing minnesota for letting us post the event. Thanks only-eyes