• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

bmc

I made it out both yesterday and today. I figured I better being the mercury is gonna take a nose dive tonight. Yesterday we did pretty well on Big Bowstring. 2 of us ended up with 17 crappies in the 10-11" range. They were extremely finicky, granted we fished from 9:00 till about 2:30, not exactly prime crappie time. It was 50/50 on waxies and very small crappie minnows and man were they light biters. Today I fished a couple different lakes in the Talmoon area that I've never been on before. The first lake started out with 2 nice gills in the 8-9" range and then those pesky perch moved in, it was ridiculous with perch. I then left and hit another lake. I did have some what I believe to be crappies on the graph, suspended from bottom up to about 6' and this was over 34' of water. I did manage to catch one little one, but that was it. The snow on the local lakes is really piling up, but I didn't find any slush. I think if we get much more snow, driving on the lakes will be pretty tough. Hopefully temps will warm up so I can chase some stream trout next week.

Brian

Greg Clusiau

Brian ~

How did you do trout fishing on Saturday's opener?

GC

bmc

Hey Greg,

Good to see you around these parts again. I wimped out this weekend and stayed inside. I'm going to hit Tioga Pit on Wed. afternoon and see if I can get a couple for the smoker. Did you get out and any luck?

Brian