• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
rattlem'up

dog trainers

rattlem'up

looking forward to taking my Lab/pointer to get trained here in February. Just wondering where you guys took yours, how much and how were the results. any info appreciated thanks cool.gif

setterguy

Do you have a lab and a pointer or a pointing lab?

duckbuster

You have a trainer right in your back yard. Major avenue hunt club has a trainer. I'm not sure if he does any training in the winter or if he goes south to train. Comparatively speaking though I think he is a bit high, price wise per month. I believe he trains pointers and non-pointers.

GOOD LUCK & be sure to let us know where you sent your friend.

Brittboy

I've got a Britt and I took her to Kaos Kennels in New Prague ... http://kaoskennel.com/. They do a lot with labs. Good, clean facilities, I really enjoyed the trainers and felt they did a great job with my dog. You can check out their web site to get an idea on what kind of training they offer, rates, etc. Best of luck and have fun!

Mille Lacs Guy

Rattle em up-

Are you a long time Glencoe resident? I grew up in Glencoe but moved after college. Curious to if I know you.

BigDaddy

Call Brian at West Country Kennels

11719 Major Ave

Glencoe, MN 55336

320-864-2006

I did an intro to Bird and Gun with my GSP pup and was happy with the experience.

rattlem'up

mille lacs guy i've lived in glencoe all my life. I'm attending college in St. Cloud right now. Do you know any Hardel's by chance? thanks for the info guys i've checked out major ave. just want to look around a bit yet.

rattlem'up

setterguy the pup i have is a black lab/german pointer cross.

Kodiak

cottonwood kennels in new ulm

chad bessemmer is a good trainer!!! the website is xxxxxxxxxxxx SORRY, NO LINKS. THANK YOU!

fivebucks

Rattle,

I had my yellow with Brian at West Country Kennels and I think he did a great job. I started him with the pup intro. and that was worth every penny. He is scheduled to start the 2nd course in mid. March. Brian books up a couple 2-3 months in advance so don't wait too long if you go his way. I think that is pretty standard with most reputable trainers.

rattlem'up

how old was your pup for the first session? and how old is your pup now when you are taking it for the second session? if i may ask how much did he charge?

fivebucks

Jack was about 7 months or so for the puppy course. I wanted to get him on course #2 at about 1 year but Brian was booked until mid-March so he will be 13 1/2 months. Do a google search for his website (West Country Kennels or just type it in) and he has fees listed there. The site should tell you what you need to know. Brian isn't the fastest at responding to e-mails so if you have questions give him a call and stop by to see him. I grew up in Hutch and Virgil the vet recommended Brian to us. Good luck.

setterguy

rattle - shoot me an email, I have a couple contacts for you..would also like to know what you want done with the dog.. does it point? Do you want to train it as a pointer?

[email protected]

rattlem'up

i called brian last night and got ahold of him. he explained to me what they all do there and it sounded good to me so i booked him for Feb. 26th. Then this weekend when i go home from college i'm gonna stop by and check it out. It seems like a good deal. and the price you can't beat that for all the stuff they do!

fivebucks

Rattle'em

I think you will be pleased with Brian. Me and my friends just had 3 pups thru his puppy course. I know with my dog that he performed much better than I expected this past fall and I attribute a good portion of that to Brian and the rest to genetics.