• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
packman

any one catching any perch

packman

looking for a good perch lake anyone have any suggestions, they would be appreciated.

tj417

Hey Pack -

There are some dandy perch in Prior - Stick to the west end of Lower or anywhere on Upper and drill a bunch of holes - You will run across groups of 10 inchers if you find them.

Let me know if you find some!!!

TJ

ogre

You are having better luck then me on prior. I know they are there, I have yet to take one over six inches thugh. They are really fat though, they get my bait and back down the hole the go.

packman

thanks for the info

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• BigVwalters
      Got on a pretty decent bite this weekend.   Lots of quality eating size fish 14-18" mostly,  a few bigger ones.  Fish were in main basin steep drop-offs in 20-30 feet.  Crawlers and leeches were working.  Weather was beautiful all weekend.  Can't wait to come back up in August!   
    • PSU
      We did okay in Frazer over the weekend. Some nice 15's and 16's and tons of the smaller walleyes. For some reason I usually catch the smaller ones clean, but I throat hooked a ton this weekend. Just couldn't feel their bites, so I'm guessing they had plenty of time to try to swallow the bait. 17-22 worked best for us with Lindy's and seemed leeches outperformed crawlers about 2-1
    • PSU
      Water is pretty high on Vermilion for this time of the year. We were up over the weekend and got another 2 1/2 inches of rain!
    • Chill62
      After a long 13 days straight of work we got out and did a little fishing!  Felt AMAZING to get back out on the water.  We chased panfish Saturday evening and pretty much struck out and went Sunday with the old man and got into a big ol mess of panfish.  Buddy of mine opened up his jig company in Vergas, MN and it's called Panfish Pirates, check him out on facebook.  Hes got a soft plastic called the Kraken that I have never seen before and boy did the fish eat them up!  We didn't use any live bait during the 6 hour trip out fishing and we landed hundreds of gills and crappies.  We landed 6 gills that were 9.5" sadly we couldn't find any big crappies even though the girlfriend lost one at the boat that was over 13".  Fish were on the edges of the weeds either lilly pads or down in the cabbage.  This Kraken has 3 legs behind it and it has natural bouyance within the plastic and it allows the jig to be swam through the weeds slower which was key yesterday.  Dad was in the front of the boat and a few times he had to stop and put his rod down because his arm hurt from fighting the fish and a few times his finger tips were hurting from taking the fish off of his hook but regardless he had a blast fishing.  We used 6 mm jigs tipped with the Kraken pitching from 4-14 feet of water.  Few times we were vertical jigging and my big blue gill pictured below came vertical jigging in about 12 feet of water.  All the gills were returned safely and only 6-7 crappies were taken home for dad to have a fish fry.  Pike must have been starving because I had about 6 blue gills get attacked by pike at the boat as i was bringing them in!
    • Tom Sawyer
      We've been big fans of the 3" minnows, and 5" leeches, along with crawlers, great color combinations, with floating versions ta boot.👍👍     Found the pinched half crawlers to work great for adding spin to "slow death" presentation...
    • redlabguy
      Okay, I’m not into gore. I’ve only had to do surgery on one hook and that’s enough. PSU, I’m wondering how you’re doing. Cliff offered good advice. In the Frazer Bay Area, bobbers are my only means of catching fish of size. I t seems like the dinks are dominating the reefs. Spinners can pick up fish near structure. I was looking back at my logs recently and late July has always been tough.  Dick
    • riverrat21
      Ive been out a few times as well..have tried from the harbor all the way up to boyscout...have been getting a few everytime out but has been slow for me....been trolling crawlers with big colorado blades..have caught fish on flats by barkers,between the bridges,and out from clyde area....got 6 cats accidentally while trolling boards by the community hole south west side of spirit lake...water clarity still sucks in the harbor..a bit better the farther up river u go...has it been kinda slow for everyone?????ive been doing better on fish lake.lol
    • Grainbelt
      And they are big, feels like you have a bass on! We thru them all back.
    • delcecchi
      I haven't done it on all my stuff, but I don't avoid using a bait because I mashed the barbs.   It would probably be a good idea to mash more of them, even if just to make it easier to get them out when they get hooked on something like clothing or a rag.  
    • monstermoose78