• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Boat Lifts on Mille Lacs???

Pike111

Do people use boat lifts for boats and pontoons on the east side of Mille Lacs Lake, or do the waves rule them out of the picture?

I have two boat lifts and they work fine, I have a cabin on the west side, just make sure you have the lift shallow enough so the boat is at least a foot out of the water at the bottom. Boats are heavy, we have never had our boats taken off the lifts and we have had big storms with 6 footers coming over our dock but our boats where fine. Actually I think a lift is a must unless you want to launch your boat every wekend cause you dont want your boat tied up to your dock all week banging against it

I agree... a boat lift is fine anywhere on Mille Lacs, and I wouldn't recommend letting a boat float overnight tied to a dock unless it was in a protected harbor.

The higher the boat lift will get the boat out of the water, the better.

I have a place on the eastside and lifts work great. The higher the better is the rule and when it gets rough it can be fun bring your boat into the lift. Here is a picture of my lift currently sitting in Mille Lacs.

http://photos.msn.com/viewing/album.aspx?m7A!X9U3q6bynoZEhFj0UwK4Kofddr9830bHMbjgWb0Ivns6oIhttBHLqxYZ2redAouGBQX61rFINi9s9Jjg5CJYmLmbyLuiPLeTKKT5cxqb8oo3ia2rzA$$