• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Real Story- Moss' Mooning

JHansel7

Tony Dungy came on today and said that he actually chuckled at moss mooning the fans, the main reason is because after the visiting team loses at Lambeau, the fans stand there and moon you while you are boarding the bus, Dungy said that he wouldnt blame moss for doing it, have a sense of humor, i guess i dont think it was right, but it was funny!

i think everyone has heard this now about the packer fans mooning the loosing team, i find that hillarious ( and i hate the packers ) i find it even funnier that moss "mooned" them back, everyone get of Moss's back he was trying to have some fun in a high pressure game and he's addicted to the camara and the attention like we are addicted to fishing.

Hey Moss, Where are you?, Hey Moss, Leave While there is still time. Alls fare in love and football....... grin.gif

I did not think too much of it till I heard about the fans doing it, then I thought (Moss) it was pretty funny.

Notice they dont bring this up on ESPN or Fox sports they all talk about how tasteless this was but ESPN's pregame show depicted a man that looked like Brett Farve walking around GreenBay naked, I thought this was in nuch poorer taste than Moss' fake moon (which I thought was hilarious also)

Just think how much the networks will be hatin' on him after Moss and the vikes light up the philly.

I don't see the big deal. It was an imitation moon anyhow. Sounds like he'll end up getting a 5000 dollar fine outta it. I don't think he cares it's just more publicity.

I think it was on Mike Morris's show this morning on KFAN they were refering to Moss and the Vikings as "Moonesota". Got a kick out of that one. As stated earlier, I was really all that offended on the action, though I thought it did lack the creativity of the Sharpie or the cell phone. Also on Morris's show they talked about how Moss's reputation preceeds him so of course whenever something like this happens it gets blown out of proportion, but the reason it does is due to things in the past. It unfortunate that the main talk about Moss is his Lambeau moon and not how he played hurt on a bum ankle in the 4th quarter only to burn Harris again for a TD.

Today on Paul Harvey News, as he ended his newscast, he spoke about Moss and how the NFL was pondering how to punish him, but he said while they are doing that President Bush had called Moss to be an ambassador from the US to France. grin.gif

This is on CNNSI.com today...

TV Commentator Awards

The best to the worst of the NFL announcing teams.....

Remember this past week with Joe Buck? Well so do the folks as SI!

Joe Buck, Cris Collinsworth, Troy Aikman, FOX -- I had been tracking a more or less gradual rise for Fox's No. 1 team, but now it drops from last year. Well, Buck, for one thing doesn't care about down and distance or accuracy in his play by play, or even mentioning who makes the tackle. Often I had to run the tape back, even after I'd seen the game, to find out what the defense was doing, because they cut away from the play so quickly without adequate explanation. Add to that the fact that nobody in the booth seems to know or care a hoot about line play. And add to that the fact that early in the season, they were just talking over the live action at times and not even describing it, which represents some some real arrogance. Thankfully that was corrected, but in its place was an occasional look through a weird camera they bragged about that brought you the game from a ground-level view -- way behind the action, as if you were seeing things from the worst seat in the house, row one, end zone. All this did was give me a headache, but not as bad as another gimmick they went with at the end of the season -- picking up the kickoff in progress, so poor old Z could not record his hang time.

So why aren't they even lower? Because these are bright guys who are OK when they're in their province, which is the passing game, and I had them at three stars, right until the Minnesota-Green Bay wild-card contest. That one dropped 'em. Brett Favre apologists abound, but when the guy screws it up, for God's sake say it, don't cop out every time. No interception was his fault; it was always the guy running the pattern. How about the one where he overthrew Javon Walker, and Collinsworth said Walker had screwed it up because he was supposed to run a flat pattern instead of going downfield? Uh, if Favre were expecting him to run to the flat, instead of downfield, he would have underthrown the ball, not overthrown it. And then when Favre pulled that weirdie at the end of the half, near the Vikings goal line, running three yards past the line and underhanding it to Walker in the end zone ... and drawing a penalty...and then laughing about it. We heard this from Collinsworth: "The funniest part was Walt Anderson, the referee, could barely make the call without laughing." Hey, I watched Anderson, too, and I didn't see the hint of a smile. And the guys on the Packers weren't laughing after Ryan Longwell missed the subsequent field goal. This is what is known as dishonest reporting. But when Randy Moss caught the fourth-quarter TD and treated the Packer crowd to a dry moon that lasted exactly one second, that's all, we had to listen to this blather from Buck, who got his panties all in a knot: "That is a disgusting act by Randy Moss and it's unfortunate that we had that on our air live." Well, if no one would get to see it, then how could you get anyone to agree with you, Joe Baby? But the thinking of a guy like this extends only so far.

I can say I've had it up to here with Moss debate. So much of this outrage seems so disingenious that it borders on silly. If the fickle Joe Buck, in his completely uninformed typical fashion, had not feigned outrage at his endzone celebration many people would have simply laughed it off.

Why is Joe Buck a complete knucklehead, along with the FOX crew? More on that buffoon in a minute. Everyone at Fox picked the Vikings to get trounced, and there they sat. Much egg on face. Thank God Randy Moss could save the day and let them focus on something other than their own vitriol hatred of the Vikings and their transparent worship of Favre and the terminally untalented Packers.

What should you know about the Moss incident? What should you know about who is a classless lot? The truth is, the Packers fans are the classless lot who started the whole mess. The whole tradition. Leave it to the drunk, cousin-hunting hillbillies to invent such a tradition: after every visit to Lambeau in which the Vikings lose, Packer fans line up outside the team bus and moon the team.

So, Moss had some fun with the fans. They understood, he understood. Joe Buck should go back to baseball and something he understands. Usually commentators are picked for their neutrality in games, but as usual with the Pack they simply can't do so. They must move every game to insure sufficient spotlight of the beam of faded glory always shines on FOX posterboy Brett Favre. This from the NETWORK which features the most classless programming that is slammed down the public's throats everyday which is FOX. I am regularly ashamed of FOX and the programming they produce as a very sad commentary on feeding off the lowest common denominator in society while simultaneously shrugging off standards and ethics. Ergo, I am less than surprised they found something to blow up and keep the media buzzing for the week.

Shine on, Moss, and the Vikings. It's beautiful to know the truth and see that the reflection each of those Packer fans saw on Randy's uniformed butt was their own reflection.

SKOL Vikes, and time to avenge the Eagles!

Today on Rush Limbaugh, I heard Brett Favre was spotted stealing Rush's prescription painkillers and then selling the extras to the film crew that has begun shooting the sequel to Deliverance in his hometown of Kiln, Mississippi... all in an attempt to make up for lost playoff money and to cover up the disappointing end to another season. tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

today on espn i heard moss talking (if that's what you call it), he still SUCKS and is real CLASSLESS SOB!!

you viking fans should be real proud of that one!!

I wasnt aware that our "pro" athletes were supposed to be saints. Im sure all the players in greenbay are great individuals.(just like thier fans)((For you GB fans, thats called sarcasm))

Moss may be a crass individual, but he sure scores a lot of TD's against the fudgepackers.

31-17 Vikes.

C-ya next year, and have a nice offseason otto.

What people don't seem to what to realize is that he is now saying this stuff just to stir the pot. He truly doesn't care and if everyone wants to portray him as a classless jack$%&, then he will continue to be that. Is it the right way to handle it? No. Does he lack class? Sometimes. Is the NFL loaded with arrogant morons full of themselves? Many on every team. Randy is the one of the few who doesn't care or doesn't know to keep his mouth shut. Would he be saying any of this or would it be a issue if the whole world wouldn't have overreacted to his fake mooning? No.

I guess this is the whole thing about expecting athletes to be role models and behave differently than the rest of society. If some guy leaving the stadium that day pretended to pull his pants down would the people around him be offended? Most would not. If you were ticked off and somebody asked you how you felt, have you ever made a smart aleck comment that may have included a minor profanity? Most have. Why then is it such a big deal that a football player has done these things? Is it because it is on TV? Then don't put the mic in front of him, or if you do, don't freak out if he does exactly what you are hoping for. You know the cameras and media there to ask him that question weren't hoping for a "no comment" or "I am sorry for my actions". They got exactly what they wanted, so they can now hype up the story to a whole new level. There are worse things said on TV everynight. The media doesn't seem to have an issue with that.

So im watching sportscenter this morning and they give each playoff game about a minute of discussion. They talk about stuff concerning each game. Except of course the vikings and eagles. They discuss Moss's fine. GIVE IT A REST ESPN. What about Moss's status? What about how the defenses are gonna contain the opposition QB's? What about the 100 other things you could find too talk about that actually pertain too the game? Heres the real question i have too everyone reading this. Say the vikings win. What will FOX and ESPN talk about after the game. It sure as heck will not be the game. It will not be what the vikes did too win the game. Or the mistakes the eagles made too lose the game. No mention of the actual stars of the game whoever they may be. Its a guarantee that at least half the pregame talk on FOX concerning the vikes vs. eagles will not be about the game but about the fake moon. We will get too listen too Bradshaw run his mouth again. And IF the vikes win Bradshaw and Co. WILL find something too talk about besides the game. No credit on what the vikes did. Bradshaw will never give any credit too the vikes for anything unless Favre somehow is dressed in purple someday. But then again maybe not, his bias against the vikes may just be the one thing that overrides his intense love affair with Favre. No im sure Moss will do something, and if he didnt they will talk about the fake moon, the last :02 of the skins game, or maybe even find a reason too talk about squirting a ref 6 years ago. This will happen even if Moss catches 3 TD's and gives the footballs too 3 different kids in wheelchairs like he has done will every other TD (minus last weeks). They will never portray Moss in any kind of good light.