• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

OK, who is up for a little team effort for some last chance Pulaski walleyes on Sat??? If we team up and try different spots, mabye we can find a few...

How 'bout Sat afternoon/evening?? I'll be in a very long black Dodge 1500 crew cab with a full length bed and black topper...

WK Sparrow...

I remember you from last year on this forum. We talked about that spot you had your house on last year on the far shoreline. You invited us to use your shack. We never did...

I'll try and make it this Saturday. Late afternoon (into the evening works best for me too). However, I'll need your cell phone if you have one, because it may be dark when I get out there ( but then again...maybe not!)

This is what I look like (and if it's not sinking!)...I drive a red Ford Ranger-Flareside (with topper)...

LateSeasonWalleye.JPG

Depends on how late you'll be out, Andy! I've got a plan already to go up to Indian / Sugar / Cedar / Mink / Somers this afternoon and early eve with a couple guys.

Hey...I couldn't make it out today...

Got in from Tomah, WI (work) at noon today, started last night at 9pm. Had to watch the 16 month old, (wife works all day weekends) and couldn't keep my eyes open! Fell asleep on the floor playing with the little tike! Man, was that eerie waking up disoriented, minutes later (seemed like hours) and then realized my little one was basically all alone. He was just sitting next to me playing with toys! I can't do that again! Well, when he finally took his nap, I did too. Just woke up an hour ago...at 9pm! I'm so sorry...I do need to get out this weekend...probably tomorrow evening, since I don't work until Monday night... confused.gif

I might be game, but I can only mark it tentative. I've got some desk chores to finish today, and they can't wait any longer. I'll keep a watch on here and email, but don't figure me into plans, I'm an also-ran today. frown.gif

"Copy and 10-4" on that...gonna play it by ear. Waiting for it to stop snowing so I can go out and clear the driveway...might be beat after that...I hope not!

Hi guys, been a busy week plus. Last weekend my step daughter had her baby so all week it's been busy with the week old little girl. Also helping get the kids moved into their townhouse.

Then I had a booth at the walleye/bass expo in blaine all weekend. Plus working at gander in lakeville Mn. I'm one tried pup.

Plus working on papers to be in by tuesday nite. Maybe we could go find some pannies on pulaski? I ready to hit

Red Wing for some good walleye action. Come on clear weather.

• 3 weeks later...

Went and hit Pulaski last night....talk about brutal! That wind was enough to pull the whiskers out of your face!

Following some of the advice that I gleened from some of the meistros here on the FM site, we started in fairly shallow water and worked even shallower. We ended up in about 12 feet of water.

The fish were right on the bottom, nothing but little stuff crossing the skinny cone of the Vex.

The wind was so bad, it did'nt allow us to do much experimenting..plain hook and minnie...non-glo ant and minnie, tiny Demon and minnie...glo horizontal and minnie.

We tried waxies and maggies, but it was just to dang miserable to stay with it.

We wound up with one LM bass, one snake, half a dozen Crappies, no monsters, all in the 10" range. We missed about as many as we caught...hard to concentrate and stay focused in that heavy wind!

At any rate, we were fishing and we had some good laughs! We did'nt spend a fortune on $2.09 a gallon gas and we were home at a decent time. That and we had afew fish to show for our efforts.

I always like to fish Pulaski at least once or twice a season, you never know when you might hit it right and get into some biggies!

Well, we hit it again tonight...what a tough nut to crack! We set up in about 14 feet of water on one group of holes and about 10 on the second group.

The shallower water did'nt do anything in the 14 feet, I managed a few small sunnies and about 15 minutes before dark, "Bing" cork pops and slowly starts to sink. With a sweep of the rod, I hooked and landed a nice 11" Crappie.

"Bing" the other float pops and slowly starts to sink and another Crappie joins the first. I lower the little Demon and the tiny minnow down the hole and the tiny bobber never stops, a sweep of the rod and I feel a solid miss on the other end. That was that, we stayed until 7:30 without another bite!

The way it started, we were sure we were on them and the Vex was picking up an occassional suspended red blip and good sized action on the bottom. We thought that as soon as darkness fell, we would get some hot and heavy action for a least an hour after dark. Again, different lures, maggies, waxies, minnow heads, bigger minnows, pin minnows and even some powerbait...2 on the ice and one miss was the extent of it! Dang that lake can be frustrating!

The frustration continues! Tried Pulaski again this evening, the fish are definately there but they are in a pretty negative mood.

We go 2 nice fish right away, in about 12 feet of water, then nothing. I moved to 15 feet and started marking some fish near the bottom and some suspended every once in awhile. In short order, I managed to ice 3 nice fish and then they went cold. All the fish came on a small wire hook and the smallest minnows we could find.

They were still there, but I could'nt find the combination that would get them? We covered an area about 100 x 150 yards wide.

Something disturbing happened while we were out fishing...a little girl of maybe 6-8 years old came walking slowly toward us, hold a picture, looking at it as she walked, she wore a little coat and tennis shoes.

She came up to us asked us if we thought the color crayoned picture could go into an art gallery? We assured that it had a chance and that her folks would be better able to tell her and she wandered off back in the direction she came. Although she dallied and kneeled on the ice for quite sometime, I watched her make her way toward shore.

She was much to young to be out on the ice by herself...that little wisp of a girl could have slipped into a 10" auger hole with no problem...maybe it was nothing, but it sure made me nervous!

I would never think of allowing our daughter, at that age, to wander aimlessly and unchaperoned, on a frozen lake, nor our sons. Seems like a statistic waiting to happen!