• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
icephyshrman1

Chester Woods

icephyshrman1

Anyone got any fresh info regarding Chesterwoods??? Me & some buds are headed out early Sat am. Tried all over about a week and a half ago. Waxies,minnows,deep,shallow,in timber........Still nothing.

Anyone got anything???????

CrappieJohn

Welcome to FishingMinnesota.com ....nice to have you aboard.

Haven't heard a word that is promising as of late. The fishing will likely stay slow until we get some real consistant weather. These revolving door fronts can mess up the fishing real bad.

Again, welcome.

Jim W

I heard just yesterday that the bass are reasonably welcoming in the trees where the craps are often found and the panfish/sunnies in typical spots.

Don't for-go the deep water. Might find some willing crappies out in that deep 35 feet of water as I write.

Have fun and let some of us know how you do please!

Off to the NOrth Woods!

icephyshrman1

Guys,

Thanks for the heads up. Kinda seems that way all over...Really struggling to get anything going consistently. Got a scoop of crappie minnows in the bucket & a pocket full of waxies..Gonna blow some holes & track them dudes down in the early am.....Thanks again

captainshane

SPENT A FEW HOURS AT CHESTER TODAY. CAUGHT 2 SUNNIES. ONE WAS 9 1/2" LONG AND PRETTY THICK. CAUGHT 3 BASS AND ONE WAS 15" LONG. STOPPED IN CHARLIES BAIT SHOP, NICE LITTLE PLACE smile.gif. HE HAS A GOOD VARIETY OF LARVE BAITS. I USED MAGGOTS AND CRAPPIE MINNOWS.

SHANE

icephyshrman1

Guys (and gals),

Spent the better part of today out at the "woods"..Post card like this morning less fish. Fished the woods on the south bank (by dam), big tree right in front of the dam & a little along the west bank on our way bank to the ramp. Caught 3 small bass on minnows & drowned a few waxies. About it for today. Looked like everyone was searching for anything today. Lot of holes got blown in the ice today. Hopefully the weather will settle in over the next few days & maybe by this next weekend, they'll loosen up a little. Had a guy mention about fishing right up by the swimming beach (at the ramp this am)...Anyone ever have any luck over there?......icephyshrman1

stillhunter

simlar report as the "Icephyserman". 3 bass, no pannies in an area that usually gets me something. Had some lookers but very-very light biters..no hook up so don't know what they were. bass liked my purple Lunatick and were somewhat aggressive compared to what was window-shopping

There was a creel survey w/ the DNR & a park rep on my way out around noon. Were asking the usual questions...time out, what I caught, would I be opposed to an 8 inch minimum. Was told they want to manage for a quality bluegill lake.

Rebeleye

Anyone ever catch anything along the tree's on the right as you're walking toward the back? I fished around them for a while about a week ago and didn't catch a thing. I can't figure out if the fish are on the bottom or if they are suspended up along the tree's.

Thanks all..

stillhunter

fished last eve for a couple of hours, prior to the wind switch to the NW. A couple of crappie landed from 23 ft of water between a couple of brushy areas. Had "artificials" only (scented plastic + teardrop), so may have done better w/ waxies or minnows. Fish were tight on the bottom...could coax them to the bait w/ a constant quiver mixed in w/ a 1 ft. lift/drop action. Had a few very subtle nibbles but no hook up. still was fun trying to figure'em out...took away ALL my work stress!

gust35

Just wondering if there is anything new on chester, haven't fished it yet this year.

Crickschop04

Woody-

Haven't been out to Chesterwoods yet but I'm planning on heading out there right after work tonight. I'll let you know how I did.

stillhunter

a delayed post from an excursion out last Tues after work. Started out like there was going to be some excitement. couple of 'gills..one "legal", 2 small crappies and a bass. waxie and glow/chartrease teardrop. didn't have quite my prior experience w/ plastics as my previous post (plastics vs "going live")

was marking many fish at dusk & after but only sniffing. It was a ghost town out there so many must be frustrated. Only one tent besides me and they left about dark. Makes you just want to go and spend the day trying to figure it out, doesn't it?!?!?!?!! {;oD

CrappieJohn

Friends have been sticking fish below Alma,...about everywhere in the backwaters. Some places will be good for a few days and the mellow out while others start up. A couple of my river contacts are getting some very nice crappies, just not in solid numbers.Sunfish are numerous with some nice ones being taken. When we get towards late ice Chester will fire up again.