• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

With the holidays over, I FINALLY have a weekend off and want to get the kids on the ice. Just looking for some action... Catch/Release so the kids can have some fun.

Are Beaver or St Olaf producing any cappies or gills?

Is there still a place to buy bait in Ellendale?

Thanks for any info you or anyone else can give.

everclear, good news and bad. There is a crappie bite on Beaver from 4til about 6.fairly good bite new years day and sat. havent been out there since. North side of the lake about 15-20 ft. water its not hard to find about 5 houses all together. approx 1\2 way across the lake, and 50 yards away from shore. bad news no bait in Ellendale at last check.. Good luck

as for St Olaf havent been out yet this year but have friends with houses out. stay away from the crowd, go northwest , look for yellow spearing shack, go south into 20 to 25 ft. 5-10 off bottom [crappies] or to bottom for perch bite\not much size but keeps the kids attention good luck.

I have not been over there in the last 10 days, but the last time I was there the panfish were biting in the deep water in the middle of the day and twards dark you had to go to the transition area. They were scattered but if you seen them on the vex they would usally bite.

Thanks for the info! Since no bait in Ellendale where are you getting yours? Should I bring Minnows or Waxies?

Everclear, catchnmall pretty much summed it up. Sorry I didn't reply sooner but finaly got some days off and spent them putting the house out and fishing cool.gif.

If you are going to take your kids out I would recomend Beaver for pan fish, their small but fun anyway. I put my house out there instead of St. Olaf. From what I have found out the pan fish bite on Beaver dies after dark but I was out sat morning and all day sunday had had a good bite through out the whole day. I had my 4 year old out and it was enough action to keep him occupied.

I have only fished St. Olaf once this year (early) and didn't have any luck. As far as bait goes Sportsmans in Waseca is the closest place that I know of to get bait. If your gonna get out let me know your welcome to join me in my house.

arbuck

Has there been much for walleye action out on Beaver I haven't been out there for a while. The other Question is where are the crappies going after dark.

The bait shack in albert lea has bait. 810 madison ave.

373-0126...open 7 to 7...

gr, I haven't talked to many people out on Beaver so I don't know what everyone else has been catching but I had 2 eyes in the house on sunday, one about 14" (caught by the 4 year old and now he has to tell everyone that he caught the big fish cool.gif) and one little guy both were caught amongst the pannies.

Where are the crappies after dark? I don't know. I work mostly eavenings so I don't get much of a chance to chase them around after dark.

arbuck

THE BAIT SHACK HAS MOVED TO 721 W CLARK ST SUITE 8. IT IS LOCATED BY DJ'S PAWN SHOP, BELOW THE BRIDGE BY STREATERS. THEIR NEW PHONE NUMBER IS 377-1590 AND THEIR HOURS ARE 8:00 TO 6:00 EVERYDAY.

Thx bryster I have the business card for the old address I will have to change it.