• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any Reports

Labby

Just wondering if anyone has any recent reports. It looks like the area got pounded with rain Has anyone been out since the storms came through?

I was out 6/24. Not much to report. Tried 7-Mile, 9-Mile, Shermans with limited success. Some right on the edge, others way out off the edge in 37'.

10'-12' leech snell seemed best. Nothing going on crawlers. Tried leeches and crawlers w/spinners...nothing.

Talked to a few people at the landing and they had the same results.

Our guide trip today boated 22 fish with two over 27 inches. We pulled crank baits on the mud and trolled spinners with crawlers on the gravel. We fished the Boot flat and the 3 mile gravel. Most fish were on top after sun-up..

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
651-271-5459
www.millelacsguideservice.com

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

That sounds like a pretty good trip Derek.

If any of you can, you need to get out with D

You'll enjoy him and you'll enjoy the fishing. grin.gif

Friday night we started @ 8pm on 5 mile ...graphed plenty on the edges and no takers. Moved to Sloppy Jo's and graphed a pile on top and caught fish too. It was dark when we got there(9:30). A bobber/red hook/split-shot/leech was hot. 1'+ off bottom. good luck. g

Gspot: Fishing at sloppy's after dark....what depth were you at out of curiousity. I can't get a fish to bite using that technique after dark. I Fish the south end mostly and have been having very good luck. Except after the sun falls.

Just returned from Milleacs. It was perhaps the slowest day we have had on the big pond in years. We fished the mud, the gravel, no mans land between structure. We tried, lindys, cranks, spinners. Graphed a ton of fish but they had lock jaw as me and partner managed a couple of 22 inchers for our efforts and then a storm blew in and we called in a day

If the fishing is as tough as you say this weekend...I'm anxious to see how the MTT & RCL goes.

We were out Sat. 28th in a tournament for the carpenters union and with 100 plus boats it was slow. They paid down to 10th and that won $100, with 1.34 lbs. and first was a 7lb. something for $500.. We never boated a walleye and only Three rock bass all day.I thing we caught more that the other guys did though.

I ran into a guy fishing another tournament and they do it for a living the big " O " for over half of them.

The lake was rough in the morning and flat in the afternoon and really kicked up early evening before the storm, then it rained hard.This was the first contest I had been in in 20 years and the first time I have never caught a fish going to Mille Lacs.

Man I love that lake, Metro

The Fishing was slow.My partner and I did manage to boat nine Walleyes.But the size of those Walleyes were not good enough to make it out of the slot.Seven of those fish were between 26.5 and just under 28".It was a heart breaker for the last Walleye we caught was less then a 1/4 inch under the slot.On the RCL side I beleive thier was around 55 boats out of 85 that did have a fish to measure.I on the other hand really enjoyed fishing and getting them Gorrila's as my partner called them.If you guys want to learn more about catching Walter the Hogeye or a big Gorrila try fishing at a RCL Tournement as a co-angler.It is well worth the money to learn new ways to fish them crafty Hogeyes.

I was out from Thurs to Sunday mostly fishing evenings out of the South side. Wow this is by far the worst I have ever done on the Big lake. 3 fish total. Next weekend should be better if the Weather cooperates.

Yes, the recent cold weather has slowed things quite a bit the last few days. I did a lot of running around Saturday by myself looking for active fish. Not much to speak of. One here, one there. I did pick up 5 fish in one spot on top of a mud flat. Those were the first group of fish that I have found on top of the mud this year. However, 7 fish for all the running I did is not good.

I did take a little break over lunch time to chase some gills. I found the big gills in Cove Bay hanging in the weeds. That is always a good time!

The weather blew in Saturday evening and it got real nasty. I had a trip that night and the wind switched directions 3 times and then REALLY blew. The fishing got even worse and we only picked up one more fish after the weather blew in. Looks like we have some nice stable weather moving in now, that should help get things going again. The fish are there!

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com

I have to agree put in 2 days of hard work going end to end on the lake and had only a couple of none slot fish. The may fly hatch was going and I also heard the perch hatch has started. Some very tuff fishing right now.

Rigging Guy are you the guy from Duluth that took 4th? I fished it and we also pulled a 0 for the day. Nothing we could weigh. If you like e-mail me. [email protected]

The fish we caught did not make it in the slot to keep.They were just shy of making the slot.We also were one of the many boats with the big zero.I still had a blast though.Their is nothing like getting that burning sensation in your arms from pulling in big Walleyes.The slot will not keep me from comming back.It just makes it more interesting.See you at Leech Lake for the next RCL League Tourney.