• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

catchnmall

I'm going out to Lura tonight. I heard that the walleye bite is real slow, but its the closest lake for me so I thought I would give it a try. Anyone else heard anything?

woody1975

I haven't fished it yet, but I've heard that they are catching a few nice 'eyes out there!

catchnmall

Went last night and got nothing.

gr

What end of the lake did you fish? I haven't fished out there for a few days. It was slow last weekend. We fished on the Deleven end.

nuts

At least you got to try out the new house, right catchnmall?

catchnmall

Yep the new house works good. We were on the Delevan end also. Went out again last night. Not even a flag. Thats 2 nights in a row either we suck or the weather turned them off. You need not reply to that Nuts. I know your answer, but I do blieve you got skunked on Monday as well.

nuts

That's funny right there!

Lura Lake: 2

catchnmall: 0

Maybe you'll have better luck with the pheasants in Iowa this weekend.

james_walleye

I got a nice plump 18" out there this evening. First time ever on the lake. Im gonna have to get the boat out there in May and learn the lake a bit better. Kind of a crapshoot for me getting set up today.

james_walleye

Some people have told me for that most of open water Lura is so weedy every inch of the lake becomes unfishable. Anyone here know this too be true? And if so when does this become the case? Can a guy fish in may?

rod-man

J-W I was there last easter weekend just to get the boat out

and the weeds were 6" from the surface then.

we have had very good luck fishing from shore at night for walleyes up to 6lbs and tons of bass 1 1/2- 5 1/2lbs.

shoot me an email and Ill let you know when,where and how

we do it. mybigfish45 at yahoo dot com

james_walleye

Rod-man i wonder what the chances are that i know you or that we have common friends. I am a UPS driver and i work with and know a lot of poeple from Kasson. I also deliver too Kasson a couple times of year. I'll mail u later after the vikes hopefully hold onto this game.

catchnmall

Hey Nutz how come you never post any of your skunks on here. I heard there was one in your fish house last night. I guess crappies and northerns are biting on German. Good reports coming from the east end of Francis for northerns. Right by town

nuts

Catchnmall:

To quote the great Babe Ruth - "Every strike out gets me that much closer to my next home run."

The next time I call you with a report on how the fishing is, it will only be because I'm out of bait from catching so many.

I am, however, not 0-2 like you. Sat. was productive.

catchnmall

That is true. Sounds like the guys will be heading out Tuesday. I do beleive I will be heading out also. Wednesday for sure.

rod-man

hay catchnmall

any body getting any crappies on Francis? last winter it was hot there havent heard anything about it this winter yet

did I miss it?

catchnmall

A couple buddies went out on Saturday and drilled holes all the way across the lake and couldn't find a crappie, but some guys were catching them on German on saturday.

catchnmall

rod man you didnt miss it. the west end looks like a city . they are catching some crapies, but mostly tip up fishing for northerns on the east and west ends of the lake. if you are familiar with the transition from 20ft to 50+ midway across the lake there is about 6 houses setup on the drop off catching crappies, but it is a light bite some good fish mixed in. I talked to those guys on sat. morning.We worked the lake mainly for eyes, no luck. hope this helps. Best crappie bite ive heard is on german for size and numbers....

james_walleye

Hey guys maybe you can answer this question. I was on Lura friday from 4-10 pm. From 5 until we left the vexilar was lit up with fish the whole time. A lot of them 3 ft off bottom. We only had shiners and large fatheads but did catch 2 crappies. Im wondering if you guys know what i was marking? Could i have possibly been on a pile of crappies? Or was it baitfish?

catchnmall

j.w. good question. ive wondered the same thing on lura, there are also alot of bass on that lake too, but i cant imagine them not taking either shiners or fatheads. if you caught a couple of crappies, that would be my guess.Let me know if you catch a bunch, dont need to know where you are, just curious because it has happened to me as well, and i can never get them to take anything. In a lake that shallow baitfish are usually fairly easy to identify with the vex...

Bagley

The perch in Lura are thick, from what I've seen. I would assume, what you were marking on the Vex, were those little perch. I could be wrong though.

Bagley

nuts

Lura Lake is loaded with bullheads. I would guess it was either those, little perch, or crappies.

I know when we were fishing last year, if we used fatheads we'd have the little perch tripping our flags all day long. Some were so small, they'd get hooked but they weren't big enough to trip the flag so when we'd go out to check the tip-ups, there'd be a little 4" perch on the other end.

catchnmall

nuts what doing? are you going out tonight? this is law weas is down at plant. Im skipping out tonight, and looking forward to the big chill on the pond this weekend. good luck tonight north or south?..

james_walleye

I didnt think the perch would move that much after dark but i could be wrong. I also figured if they were bullheads we would have caught them on fatheads. I did try a couple small jigging spoons with a minnowhead and never got a bite.

rod-man

j-w the billies in Lura are 2-4in long I think they might be forage at that size. I know that we have caught bass with them in there guts partly digested.

hope this helps

nuts

Nope, I'm not going out tonight. I have to go shopping with the Mrs. crazy.gif

Good luck if you do head out tonight!