• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
illy

day bite/nite bite?

illy

What time of day is the crappie bite on? I've heard in the past that they bite at night but now there is a day bite? Please respond if you know the scoop.

barebackjack

I was up this past weekend and it was an awesome day bite and I believe people were still catchin em at night but I wasnt out there so I couldnt tell you first hand what the bite was.

wall eyell be

Last fished it Dec 29th 5pm until Dec 30th 10am.

In 14 FOW. Our best bite was definitely 7am to 9am.

Waxies performed about the same as small crappie minnows.

kelly-p

From what have seen the past few days the bite has slowed some and is more of normal late afternoon/early evening bite. But in day or so it could switch back again. I feel that trying to predict anything beyond the next few hours is more a guess than anything else.

Versus

On new years eve we went out of WW in 14 FOW. We started fishing around 4 p.m. until 9 a.m. We didn't start catching fish until 5 and then up til 8p.m. 8 slabs were caught between two of us. I would say we caught our last 'eye at 8:30 and then it was like someone turned off the switch. Nothing back on the vex until around 6 a.m. or so. At least while we were watching it. Between consuming our beverages and shooting a couple of mortars in the air on the midnight stroke we seemed to lose a couple hours somewhere. No slabs in the morning but we were catching some 'eyes. We packed up and left and nine.

Versus

wall eyell be

Quote:

But in day or so it could switch back again. I feel that
trying to predict anything beyond the next few hours is
more
a guess
than anything else.

Wise words Kelly!

If I could always predict when and where the hot bite is going to be, I'd quit my office job. Heck I wouldn't even guide; I'd just sell a "tip sheet".

lookingforluck

Was out on 1/2 and 1/3 and had just a wonderful time. Couldnt really keep the crappies off the hook. We had luck all day long but I would say that our best fishing was from 3-5 pm. It was defiantly the best crappie fishing I have been a part of. Good luck!

Bigfife

I am thinking of heading up to Red for the first time on Sun., Mon., or Tues. My Dad has a couple days off of work and I want to get him on some fish. I catch some crappies that hit the 10" mark, but 14" just seems unreal. Maybe some of us FMers could meet up there one of those days and do some fishing. I have no idea where to go, but I've got all the equipment and I am pumped. Give me a shout at pfeifed1@southwestmsu.edu and we'll plan something.

united jigsticker

I caught one pushing 16" last time.

Hey, maybe I should move there....What do ya think kelly?