• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Weekend Report?

Fathead

Hello all,

I was wondering why there is such a lack of reporting for this lake this year. I have not had much of a chance to fish MLacs due to my recent move into a new home. I am hoping to get out this coming Thursday.

Last year, you couldn't keep the reports from coming on this board. This year, however, the reports have been virtually silent. THis leads me to believe that fishing is generally poor, even for the Guides and so called experts that frequent here.

Is this true? Opening day is the only time I have been out on ML, and we did not fair well. We boated 7 for the day.

Just wondering if anyone has had any success and where? Also would like to know if the Flats or Deep Gravel has started yet (probably too early for DGravel)?

Lets hear from you!

My brother and dad went up this past weekend and did ok, nothing real great though. They got 23 walleyes with the biggest being 24". They only bobber fished the last few hours of the day each day. Fished in 10-15 ft. During the day the tried northerns without any luck and one calm morning fished smallies. They got 2 a 16" and a 19.5" one on a tube and one on a topwater, also missed a couple other hits. Looking forward to going up in the next couple weeks to the flats. They fished the NE corner.

I haven't been putting much up for walleye reports because I have been crappie fishing. Fished Red and Mille Lacs this weekend and the fishing was good on each lake. It took us a while to find them on Red because they were deeper again. On Mille Lacs they were shallow are really willing to bite. Good weekend of crappie fishing!!

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com

Fished the South East corner this weekend ot of Wahkon bay. We did fair in the evenings with around 7 to 10 fish each night. We had enough slot fish after 3 nights of fishing to have a nice meal yesterday before coming home. Biggest fish for the weekend was a fat 27" eye. Did anyone else see that huge Muskie floating near Izatys. It was missing his head right at the fin. We measured 42" of fish without the head on it. Too bad it died. Any ideas of what happend to it.

Hey Derek,

I am glad to hear that you are having success. Is the fishing report regarding the flats and deep gravel yours?

I am thinking about heading out to the flats on Thursday and running cranks and 3ways. May I ask you what size cranks you were using? Last year, this time, we were having our best success on a #7 minnow color.

Also... Did you tend to have more action on the top edge, edge or off in adjacent basin areas?

I realize that this always changes, and past performance does not always guarantee future success. I am just looking for a starting point, per say.

Its tourney time, never know whos reading grin.gif but the fish are biting, it's just a matter of finding the large schools. We found a nice piece of mud holding a large amount of slot fish. Hope they stay there.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
651-271-5459
www.millelacsguideservice.com

Derek,

Understand completely.

I will venture to my traditional mud spots on Thursday.

Are you fishing Thursday, day? I will be in a Black 1650 Angler w/4stk Yamaha. Probably will be fishing by myself unless I can coax one of my buddies to skip work.

My usual haunts this time of year are 7-mile, Fishers, Boot, Sliver and Agates Needle.

Well the east side reefs were not real good spots.Some people were getting a few just in the last hour, we only picked up one all weekend with bobber rig.

I didn't venture out to the flats but the people next to us did.They say the fish were stacked up on the edge but had lock jaw, also there were a few clouds of fies coming up .The North side didn't sound like it was on either, but I didn't get up there to see for my self.

Hey Flick, you still staying out of Agate Bay resort??
We will be up there again on the 13th,14th to try the late night early morning bite.

Benny

Benny, yeah we have a shack at Agate now, haven't been able to get up there a lot though just been too busy. Hope to get up there soon though.

we went up this weekend prob. caught around 60 walleyes most of them being slots. really surprising. we kept 46 in the slot for the weekend. i was on the north east side bobber fishing in 8-12 feet of water. biggest was 25 1/2".

Flick, are you up front or across the road?
I usually stay in Deans hotel rooms behind the lodge #4.But we have talked with Dean about getting a lake side site or maybe one to the right of the landing facing the water.
I didn't like how he has everyone packed side by side in the middle,I suppose it would be ok if everyone gets along.

I don't want to get any thing across the road, it's would be to dangerous for my daughter to cross.She plays with Mallory a lot, and of coarse any other kid who can put up with her.
Maybe we will run into each other on the 14th weekend.
Benny

Benny-Our shack is across the road, it's just a mud hole over there when it rains. Dean's a weird guy all he's concerned about is making a buck, not fishing.

Hey pow, more details PLEASEEEEE. Night or day, depth, mud,sand, gravel, leeches, crawlers? Anything would be apprciated. Don't suppose you want to give specifics, but i was up with the family last weekend and would have liked a fraction of that action. thanks

Flick, I don't want to sound like I am cutting them down, but I am begaining to think they both are a little off.
We stoped in on Monday to pay up the tab, I asked if the grill was open.Renae replied that it was closed for the holiday but she had pizza's and hot hogies.
Yet there were three guys sitting at the bar all with fresh cooked hambergers and fries.Are they cooking thier oun stuff and just using the short shack grill?
I think it is a buddy thing there.

I did like the improvments to the marina, but he could stop selling so many dock spaces for seasonal use.There were 32 docks open last year, now he said there are only 20 open.I only counted 15 and it seems he did add some more to the North side on the way out.

I am going to see what he has available and get some solid prices from him on the 14th of June.I have a crank up wheeled fish house I can haul down from Grand Rapids if I can get a site from him.

Benny