• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
rundrave

Ossawinnamakee?

rundrave

Hey guys,

Gonna be up in the Brainerd area for late christmas with my girlfriends family over New Years weekend. Staying at a relatives cabin right on ossawinnamakee. Whats the fishing like on this lake. I know its small but is it worth fishing? Or should I venture over to one of the other lakes?

Thanks for the info and happy holidays!

Sportland_Bait

The walleye bite on Pelican is good right now. It's real close to where you are located. Just bring some jigging rods rigged up with a few jigging spoons and some fatheads. Should produce a few eyes for you.

Jason Erlandson

fishrog12

Ossy is a long narrow lake. It can be good if you know where to go. Has nice wallys and crappies. Need a sled or ATV to get around. I think if your unfamiliar with the area I would go to some of the well known areas. Pelican is good at early ice. Ice has built up really fast. close to 12" now. A portable house is real handy. Pelican is a morning and evening lake most of the time. Hit the 20-25 foot drop offs with jigs and tipups with a shiner or fathead. Get a lake map. you will see people on the popular spots. Pelican has many good accesses on all sides of the lake. Good luck and dress warm.

rundrave

thanks for the info guys, anyone know what the snow cover is like? I am hoping we get some more over the weekend, looking to do some sledding if possible.

smartguy

2-5 inches or so. This *!$%@ rain isn't helping matters!