• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Leaders Winnie Event Who's Going?

Sounds good Frank! Myself and BD110 should be at Denny's around 7:00 or so. Looks like the weather is gonna warm up a bit, hopefully the fish will be hungry!!!

Brian

Good Luck everyone and knock um out. Wish I could be there but theres no way Im ready yet. Looks like Burntside is next for me. Have fun, catch fish and be safe guys!

Oh by the way my money is on BD110 to get big eye! With his new improved jigging technique (still in progress) and a 26 plus incher under his belt just a couple days ago I think the moon is aligned in his favor. Lota Lota will come home with the "Big Slime" award for Biggest EalPout. S.T,s sled will breakdown in a foot of slush/snow just 300 yards from his hot GPS coordinates and BMC will be so bussy day dreaming about getting his picture in the paper again he falls asleep and loses both poles at once to a hungry Northern!

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Man I'm bummed, I haven't chimed in on this post as I knew I had a heavy work weekend, Jealous as all heck. Good luck to you guys, and don't take any crap from jealous types like myself when you are recieving your trophy's. I second Northlanders vote, it is the year of Gavitt! grin.gif

Hey Steve,

Sorry you missed the Winnie event, hopefully you're feeling better. Man it was a tough bite in the morning, but after the awards ceremony, lotalota, BD110, and myself went back out and did considerably better. Lota was on fire, I think anything with fins that swam by him ended up on his line. It was a great time and always good to meet fellow FMer's. I'm not going to be able to make any of the other events. I still have 2 LOW trips planned, so that'll be tying up some finances. Steve if you wanna come up and rumble with some Winnie perch and 'eyes yet this winter let me know. Drag lota and BD110 up with ya', it'd be a blast! During the week would work much better!

Brian

BMC I will take you up on that. Find me a good used snowmobile to pull my Otter with and theres a rod/reel combo with your name on it! grin.gif

Who isn't looking for a used sled??? LOL I'll see what I can come up with, lots of them in the classifieds around here. What brand, year, and price range are you looking for? As far as Winnie, I maybe able to sweet talk my dad into letting my borrow one of his sleds for a day. Drop me an email bmc 2680 at yahoo dot com with the sled details.

Brian

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Brian it was nice to see you again. Get a hold of me when you get this way. Tom brought home a little souvenir to remember his trip to winnie.

Fun time and got to put more faces to names at the winnie Event. The turnout was down from last year, I think thats because they had just started to drive on the lake.

After the Event Denny's put on an awesome fish fry.

Tom and Lotta, the chat over the radio on the way home made a the drive enjoyable. See ya at Burntside.

Big thanks to all the guys that put this event together. What a great time! Thanks to BMC for putting us on the fish early and late too. Too bad the thundering herd freaked out that school of bigguns we were on early. The fish fry was killer and it is a GOOD THING that BD and ST were running cover and on the horn for the trip home. Kept me from bouncing my head off the steering wheel a few times...one tired out old dog!

I think we all ought to pitch in some coin and pick up a few clearance lights for BD110 to mount on his ATV trailer. At least your ATV got us to the fish though. grin.gif

See y'all in a coupla' weeks!!!

Lota Lota...

It was good to get a chance to BS with you too Frank. If the big lake gets some shore ice, drop me a post here or get my number from BD110. I wanna get out and try my luck on the big lake's ice. Lota it was a blast, just glad we could get on some fish. If you haven't heard, the few prior times that Tom and I have been out, the skunk has been around, so it was nice to break the ice and have a decent catching trip. I'm pumped to get on the big lake this summer with ya'. If any of you guys plan on coming back up this way this winter, let me know in advance so I can make plans to fish with ya'.

Brian