• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Leaders Winnie Event Who's Going?

Hey guys,

I just paid my entry fee Saturday night with pay-pal for the Winnie Event on January 7th. I was just woundering how many people will be heading up that way? I'll be staying with Brian (bmc) in Deer River. He said we should try and all meet up somewhere on Friday night. That sounds like a plan to me. So if your interested in getting together on Friday night or you just want to say you'll be going to the event. Please leave a post and we can try and set something up.

Take care and Be Save On The Ice!!! ooo.gif

Tom (BD110)

Hey BD,

I am FINALLY climbing out from under the pile of papers at work. It's been about 2 months since I had room to wet a line. That said, I'll probably try and head that way. I had a great time over there last year and saved a few GPS points for this year.

Lota Lota...

Thomas you know Ill be there. Just got my new Otter. When can we set it up in the hall? Friday get together sounds good to me.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I wouldn't miss it. For those that haven't been to the Ice Leaders Events your missing out on a great time.

i'm thinking of going. i have to work that friday night till late, so id probably have to pull an all nighter. how far is it to winnie? what time do things get going? is anyone going to head up there Saturday AM, and drive back that same night? id love to tag along. i can pitch in for gas, ect.

Yep, the Winnie event is sure sneaking up on us! I haven't made it out there yet, but may give it a shot next week. As for meeting up on Friday night, where is everyone staying? The Gosh Dam Place would be a good spot, it's about 15 miles north of US Hwy 2, on Hwy 46 which is just west of Deer River. I've gotta work till 6, so I should be able to be where ever around 7. Just north of Deer River on MN HWY 6 is the Blueberry Bowl, best pizza around. Let's hear what ya' think! There are 2 hotels in Deer River now White Oak Inn 246-9400 and Bahr's Motel 246-8271 and 2 bait shops, both on Hwy 2, one in town and one just west of town.

Brian

lotalota,

This is Tom. Sam will be here that weekend and we may go also. By the way, I found my GPS. It sure would be great to see that spot pay off again this year.What a blast!!

I will try to catch up to you closer to the event.

Hey guys!

I don't frequent the Duluth forum but saw bmc's post in the Winni forum about a Friday night social hour. I'm heading up from the cities Friday night, hope to be packed and leaving work by noon-1pm. I'm staying in a cabin at Denny's. Hopefully 1 of these 2 meeting places is within safe snowmobiling distance of Denny's. grin.gifgrin.gif

See you all there and I'll check back in as the event gets closer.

Northlander,

Sorry I didn't get back to you very quick. What are you doing tomorrow (Tuesday) after 4:00pm? I'm not sure if I'll be working on Thursday I may have to make a quick trip out of town I'll know tomorrow afternoon if I can. Give me a call on my cell anytime tomorrow morning I should be able to get signal.

As far as meeting up on Friday before Winnie I'll be there for sure and I'll be running around with a local just name the time and place. cool.gif

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

Not sure if im going yet yet but the way its sounds there is a good chance im going. Steve what day and time are you heading up there?

I'll be up on Red friday morning with the father in law, staying in a sleeper with BearPaws thru sunday. I gave the FIL the choice of either heading down saturday to Winnie for the event, or heading up to LOTW for the day. It looks like as of now we'll be heading up to the woods, but the FIL likes perch so you never know (plus when i told him about the all the great prizes he perked up a bit).

If i dont see ya there have a great one, and if anyone is planning on hitting red on saturday evening let me know and I'll get ya my cell.

Hey Surface Tension and others,

Frank are you planning on going up on Friday night? confused.gif Also were are you staying? If anyone else wants to post where they are staying we can try and set a time to hook up and get some cell numbers to let others know where we'll be at.

See ya on the Ice!!!

Tom (BD110)

Xplorer,

I can't find your email address. Send me an email at LSW2002 at AOL dot COM. I am probably hitting Red in a sleeper for new years and I going through Bear Paw also. Don't know much about them.

Thanks,

Granny

Still looking to see if there is more interest in getting together on Friday night before the Winnie Ice leaders event. Give a post if your interested or just to say your heading up for the event.

Take care, smile.gif

Tom (BD110)

Well Tom, I'm thinking the Gosh Dam Place on Hwy 46 will be where we head to. It's not really that far from Denny's Resort either. Just head east on US Hwy 2 and take a left on County Road 9, when you get to Hwy 46, GDP will be on your right.

Brian

If we can stay at Dennys Friday night I will head up after work and get up there about 6ish. See ya then.

Tom, I'd like to get together Fri night but may tied up for some time setting up Ice Leaders Event. I'll have the phone with me, will have to play it by ear.

Frank,

If you need a hand with any thing let me know. I can head up any time on Friday.

Later smile.gif,

Tom (BD110)

Tom that be great. We could always act busy. smile.gif

I have to work till 11pm on that Friday before the event. Cant get out of it but may sneak out early if possible. Frank what are you doing this Thurs. We should hit PIG Lake! grin.gif Give me a call on my cell or e-mail me. May be heading to Ashland on Wed if ya want to come along. Smallies, Eyes and Coho I hope.

Hey Frank,

I don't know if I can stand it anymore first I have to think about Burntside this morning and now I have to think about Winnie again. Things are getting close. I'm going to try and hook-up with bmc during the afternoon on Friday.

Give a call on the cell when you are headed up that way. Don't forget to remind me to bring my LX3. I'm not sure if I can fish without it anymore grin.gif.

Talk to you soon,

Tom (BD110)

LX 3 Tom??? Santa musta' been good to ya, or was your wife sick of hearing you whine about not having one? LOL I'm hopefully gonna head out to Winnie this coming week and try a couple spots. I'm hearing ice thickness anywhere from 8-12" so I'm not sure how far out people are driving.

Brian

I may be headed over Friday night if I can find somewhere to crash. Otherwise I'll be on the road in the dark hours of Saturday morning. Anybody else heading over from Duluth on Saturday. Might not be a bad idea to put a little convoy together. I hope to have a sled to run on the ice with but don't y'all think this cold snap will put some decent ice down?

Lota Lota...

Hey Northlander - finally got the avatar changed. That stubby boat was bugging me and steelhead season is just a few weeks away...riiiiiiight...

Lota thats much better. I may be heading up on Sat morning if I cant get out of work early on Friday. Ill know more later this week. Im home now with the flu! frown.gif

As far as driving I probably wont have my truck on the ice. Im checking on a sled as well.

lotalota, I'm not sure on the lodging but they're plowing an ice road although travel off the road may be tough going.

Heck NL, I was healthy but at work...which is worse? I'll give you a buzz on your cell on Wednesday and we can discuss plans for the weekend.

Thanks for the update on the ice ST. Still sounds like the sled is the way to go. Sucker, his boy and I were bombing around on the lake last year without worrying much about it. This year may be a little different.

Lota Lota...

Lota I know its crazy but I would rather be working. At least then I know I have days off coming I can use to go fishing. Call me on my home phone my new cell phone came and Im in no shape to figure it out yet.

I'm bringing my sled in case I want to venture off the roads. Guys instead meeting at the Gosh'Dam place lets meat at Denny's. C'ya there.