• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake

Fished for a a few hours Sunday AM. We caught 6 bass; 5 little ones and one 18"er. Caught four, including the biggest one on senkos next to milfoil clumps. Did manage to sneak one out of the same type of cover with a yellow spinnerbait and one other on a senko up next to a dock in about 2 fow.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicineMan

• Lee the bonehead

• moby1

• tisch008

Took a ride with this pig Saturday!

(30 lbs. on a 1/4 oz. jig with 6 lb firewire)

carp.jpg

Fun for sure! But what do you do when the fun's over?

carp1.jpg

No takers and the little dog in the first picture loves to dig so no burying.

Went out yesterday morning from 7-10. Caught 13 Bass and 4 Pike. Largest Bass went 21", largest Pike went 34".

• 4 weeks later...

Tonka Boy and I went out in the 30MPH winds yesterday evening. Any place to get out of the wind we fished.

10 bass and 2 pike. Biggest bass close to 18" and most in the 15-16" range with some lil guys in the mix.

We caught them on a few presentations, topwater, spinnerbait, and flukes.

Glad the supercell storms held off long enough. That wind was nuts!!

Here are some more fishin' pics:

00cc13aa.jpg

Me1.jpg

Me.jpg

Strande1.jpg

My friends Bass isn't the biggest he caught that day. But I like the markings on that Bass.

Nope, didn't catch them on cranks. Caught them all on plastics.

Nice fish everyone! Looks like Medicine is producing well for all of you. Some nice bass, both largemouth and smallmouth!

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

holy cow med man are you turning into a hippie grin.gif

Hope the weeds in med arent as long as your hair. Anywho, may nmake it out there this weekend. Had a nice battle with a 40-42" skie on another lake. My net was too small I got some other guys close to come over and take a pic. They offered to net it with a big net. One of the hooks on the taildancer got caught on the rim of the net and with nothing to absorb the shock of the fish, one slash and it was gone. It was the biggest fish I have ever had on an was really bummed. Needless to say I didnt get a pic mad.gif

Turning into a Hippie Moby? Dude, I've always been somewhat of a Hippie. I would get a haircut, but I'm just to friggin' lazy. Speaking of that, I'm amazed Joe hasn't popped on telling me to get a haircut. grin.gif Joe, where are ya bud?

how deep? I buzzed the reed edges by the boat launch and drifted over to the east side tossing a white spinnerbait just up from the sail boats and couldnt raise a fish, guys in back were throwing plastics. Are the fish deeper? Got 2 dinks and a snake. Was sunny, between 7 to 9am

I've been catching them in anywhere from 10-21' I'm heading out to lake in a few minutes, hopefully the fish will be biting.

Ended up going out both Sat and Sun morning. Fishing was great the first hour I was out there, after the hour was up fishing got tough. You were able to pick up a Bass here and there, but nothing with consistency. Largest Bass of the weekend went 21".

For the first time in quite a while I overslept and didnt even make it out sunday, med man. Can you believe it. :+( Mabey this weekend. I was out on sarah saturday with poor results but only had a line in 2/3 of the time. I had my ongoing attempt at the new boat on my mind. :+) Ill let you know what happens.

Geez Moby, if you get that boat. That'll be like the 5th boat you've purchased this year! ooo.gif If you get out Sat. you won't see me. I have a family reunion I need to go to that afternoon. So I'll only be able to get out sunday. frown.gif

Hey, how was the Willie/Dylan concert?

Med Man the willie/dylan concert was great as expected other than the fact that it took us 2 hours to get there and parking was insane. Some people were walking over 2 miles. I was hoping to see you out since I didnt read your post. I took the project boat out for the maiden voyage on saturday. I loved everything but I think the carb needs rebuilding. It Idles down and trolls beautifully but when you go to put the hammer down it bogs. It will be done and ready for the sale block very soon now. Now to the fishing. I only managed two norts but tim and his son hammered them with a total of 25 or 27. We were trolling the same areas and the same lures but I couldnt buy a fish.

Man were the Pike aggressive the only thing they didn't do was jump in the boat 27 fish in a little over 3 hours Sure did wanna stay but when I had a 18ft Bayliner pulling a skier and almost run me over I knew it was time to get off the lake!!!

Yup, those Pike have diffenetly been aggressive lately. A friend and I were out monday and we landed a 33" and a 36". We also lost $14 worth of spinners.mad.gif Bass were really aggressive out there the first 2 hours, after that we only caught Pike untill sundown.

Went to Med last night for a few hrs of trolling. On my 1st run, about 30sec I had something that felt nice. But somehow it must have got above the 8" leader and bit me off. So if anyone catches a Nort with a Brand Spanking new Wally minnow in Fire Tiger, please return. If not have a good time using it. It's been a good lure. Finished the day with 5 norts and one bass.

Good luck

What a coincidence. I was out on Med this morning and hooked into this nice pike and it had a Fire Tiger Walleye minnow hooked in its jaw. It must not have been yours though, the leader on it was only 7.5 inches. smile.gif

36nono34ev.jpg

moby! tim! special! medman! hows the fishing been going this summer?? you guys been spending all your free time on the water??

well, can't think of anything else to say so.... good talk............loc9

Yo,loc! Long time no see. Have you gotten out on soft water at all this year? I went out saturday and sunday morning with a friend. We fished from 5:30-10 saturday and only caught 5 fish. Sunday we fished from 6:30-10:30 and we were catching Bass hand over fist within the first hour we were out there, then the sun came out and the fishing completely died.

I showed up around 10:00 and yup, it was dead alright! Caught two little (18") Northerns - a sure sign that the fish aren't active - and switched to chasing crappies with the ultralight.

Just messin' with ya Mr. Special. That fish was caught on Med, but I caught it last fall.

I think I will be heading out there tonight. I haven't fished there for awhile. As long as there are no hurricanes rolling through like Saturday morning it shouldn't be too bad out tonight.

OIC,

But anywho good luck and don't forget that fire tiger if you plan to troll.

Later tell us how you do

as dumb as this sounds medman, i don't fish open water. just ice. basically i kill time until duck season. in winter i ice fish, spring and summer i rock climb. actually i climb all year, but once the weather gets nice i take trips outside. took a trip to alabama in june, the climbing was awsome.

back to fishing, kudos to you for the bass..........loc9

p.s. ever find your ice machine? confused.gif

p.s.whatever. are those pics of you medman? you kind of look a little different than when i saw you last. can't put my finger on it... hmmmmmmm...... must be the handle bar mustache.

Holy Smokes You ARE alive. I was just thinking of shooting you an email the other day but fishing got in the way. I'm still working on my project boat. The boat is done and now th motor is getting finished at the shop. I gave up on that. Ive been out a bit. I caught my biggest bass ever last saturday. It weighed in a few ounces over 7lbs (on another area lake that wasnt med). Shoot me an email if you want to get out sometime and dont forget to bring the duck call wink.gif