• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicineMan

• Lee the bonehead

• moby1

• tisch008

hey tisch, heading out there tomorrow. you should come out. probably be there around 9 or 10. hopefully see ya tomorrow.

I will probably head out to medicine sunday afternoon.

I have no clue where to go but will stop at the bait shop. I hope I don't get my car stuck :-(

vikingmeatwad, Joe closed the baitshop last weekend. So you might want to purchase bait else where....

Secondly, you really don't have to worry about getting stuck. If I can make it through with my little P.O.S., you'll be fine!

Now as far where to go.... Just look for the towns, you can't miss them. There are 3 spots out on the main lake and 1 in the SW bays.

Hey Med Man,

Haven't seen you in awhile. You're up late as usual!

I might go out Sunday (later today) so I'll keep an eye out for you! How's the hand doing. Did you get rid of the ovenmit yet?

Ole

medman, how ya doing after yesterday? that sucks that happened, sorry i wasn't more help. i didn't know what else i could do. i was having a good day yesterday until that happened. that was kind of a buzzkill. did you have any markings on that thing, your name or anything? i know its a lost hope, but ill keep my eye out from now on. who knows, maybe on one of the last warm days you can drive on the lake you'll spot it.

maybe if anybody else who reads this happens to see your flasher, something could be done. medman, give a discription of what it was and who knows, maybe someone on here will spot it one day.

everybody who reads this sees that medman is an active part of this site, who is known by quite a few who fish medicine, and he's a good guy. if he'll discribe what was stolen, why don't we all keep an eye out for it.

loc9,

I was in WI this weekend for some panfish and northerns. Caught a ton of 10 inch crappies (one 12.5 inches) and one 2-3 lb northern on the tip-up had a blast! I may stop out to med this week. I'll let you know if I do.

Medman, sounds like you had some really bad luck recently. Very sorry to hear that.

I'd hope that if anybody hears or knows anyhing that they'd let medman know. I'm sure he just wants his equipments back.

Sorry to hear about your loss MedMan. I can't believe there are people like that out there right next to us!

Tried the mid lake 40' hole Friday night and Sunday afternoon. Friday night was slow and Sunday was dead. Anyone having any better luck anywhere right now?

That midlake hole has been hit as hard as any spot on the lake. The fish that are still there are probably a bit tired from the elevator rides!

On a somber note, I'm sad to hear about MedMan's stolen flasher. I 'lost' a brand new full tackle box - 20 years of my stuff - out of my boat last summer (South Long Lake near Brainerd), and I can only hope the worst for any SOB that pulls this kind of SH**!

MM,

Really sorry to hear about the lost. I know you worked your butt off to buy it, and being once a poor college student I know every dollar counts.

Again really sorry and I hope you get it back

I hit the SW arm hole on Saturday morning. The bite was hot from 8 AM until I left at about noon-- nonstop 6"-9" fish. It was fun and would have been great for kids. I wish my 6-year-old was with me.

My son and I were out on Saturday as well. (I was actually talking to Medicine Man when he realized he was missing his IceMachine and raced back to where he thought he had left it!)

We had a good day in the new portable and picked through the fish to take home only the bigger ones. Honestly didn't realize it at the time but caught my first keeper "white" on Saturday as well, but not as big as some of the other pictures on the thread--didn't notice it until I was cleaning.

Holehopper and his missus were next door and boy I may have to set up some rods with spring bobbers! We had plenty of action on the Ice Busters but a spring bobber is just that much more sensitive when they were really hitting light at times during the day.

Interesting that I had my first experience with the "russians" on Saturday. They came out and drove around until they found open holes and then grabbed them and started fishing. They were catching fish or I would have offered up some of the ones we were throwing back since we were just a couple short and basically fished C & R for the last hour or so. Another good day on Medicine and alot of fun fishing with my son which is what its all about.

Hey Ole,

I remember reading a post about the bass league this summer, but I can't seem to find it. I was unable to attend the meeting. Can you direct me to the post or else send me some details about the league? I'd appreciate it.

thanks

[email protected]

Yes TripplePlay that is, what it is, all about! Does that make any sence at all? confused.gif Oh well you get the idia!

Again, you are lucky to have a son so interested in fishing as your son! He likes to fish hard! That is why he takes your flasher. LOL grin.gif After fishing all day he was watching that spring bobber so intently that he could have burned a hole through it with his eyes. That is how I was when I was a kid. "Heck, still am"!

My son just wants to hang with his freinds. Go figure confused.gif He likes to fish but just not that much. Someday I hope he has to beg me to go with fishing with him.

Any ways had a good time and it was great to see your son as well as my better half out fishing with us. Lets face it, most the fun is putting them on fish! See you at Cool Cats!

Med Man, Sarry to hear about your loss, and anothers illegal gain! I hope they feel real good about themselves! Try to take pride knowing that you are not like them!

hey joe, that was me who slipped a few bucks under your door. i didn't know if your access was open or closed but i wanted to give a little for using it on saturday. i apologize if i wasn't supposed to use your access. thanks.........loc9

Loc9, thanks for the tip but really you do not have to do that as the access is there for you and anyone else to use as long as the conditions warrant. It will become very obvious when it is time to close it so fer now, have at it. smirk.gif

lakeman

Joe, I appreciate you letting people use your access. Luckily someone let me know you were closed and I got bait on the way.

I promise to stop in and meet you when I get bait next time!

I was out on Medicine today. While panfishing I tied into a monster pike that was just short of 35". I would guess the fish in the 10-12lb class as it also had a very very large girth. Anyway it was a nice 10-15 minute battle with 4lb test and ultra lite pole. I may have to give the lake a little more attention this year as my father has always been a pike fisherman and it is rare to find fish in this class in the metro with the exception of Mtka. I also found the usual 7-9" crappie suspending in the deep holes.

Nice to get out with you finally Mr Pike 1. That was a huge fish indeed! Too bad all our Crappie were small. Still a beautiful day to get out.

tim and I will probably give it a shot tomorrow again. Tim and Loc9, I think the funniest thing I've heard in a while was today when Zack said "what is it"? What a hoot! Guess ya just had to be there. I probably wont be back out until next weekend. Leaving monday morning for Biloxi Mississippi. Work trip but Im scheduled for a short trip out on the gulf wednesday afternoon. >>>>"a three hour tour...the weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed, if not for the courage of the fearless crew...Hope not. See ya on the ice tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hit Med yesterday for sunnies from about 3 to 5:30. 6 fow in the weeds we caught a bazillion of them....and 5 or 6 keepers. Caught a jumbo perch. Had a blast!

went to medicine for the clean up day and had a blast! We were site fishing and there is nothing better then seeing 4-5 pound bass staring and then attacking your wax worm. We caught many sunnies but pretty much all were little. Man, I can't wait to troll those shore lines this summer!!!

I like that second pic where all of the fish are staring down your bait with hungry looks on their faces!

Was out again today from around noon ‘til about five. The action was a little slower. I'm posting a picture that'll explain why we weren't finding too many sunnies. I caught this guy on a wax worm with two pound test. This is actually the biggest fish I've caught this winter. He was 25 inches.

Anyway...we'd catch a few and then they would move so we would move...catch a few and then they would move so we would move...and so on for the entire day.

I'll be out again tomorrow.

DSCF0095.JPG

Hey tisch, were you fishing right infront of Mission Farms there? I thought I saw a white Ranger but wasn't sure. I was fishing all along the east shore today. I finally found a spot that holds some good sized Sunnies, but you still have to deal with the Norts. I did catch about a 8 pounder on my ultra light and 2 pound test, now that was a blast! I'll be going out tomorrow afternoon around 3ish. I'll be fishing the east shore, look me up! cool.gif

Hey Meddie, was it weeds on a point or just weeds? Maybe I'll see ya' out there. I thought we agreed that you'ld yank a BIG Nort on that rod! :-)

Hey Lee, I wasn't fishing anywhere near the weeds this afternoon. I found a gravel patch right on the break of the big point in 12'. The smallest Sunny I caught was 7", most where in the 8-9" range. I came across this spot while looking for the weedline.