• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake

That's where we were. We'd catch about one in the 7" - 8" range for about every 10 teeny ones.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicineMan

• Lee the bonehead

• moby1

• tisch008

I was just wondering how much snow was on the ice? Am I going to be able to drive out in a car or should I plan on walking? I have never fished out here before but I am going to go out tomorrow and try for some gills or perch.

Cubbies

A lot of people were driving out today in full size trucks. We drove out today in an explorer. We used the french park access. It was a little sloppy.

I went out with my corolla from harty's south. A little wet but not bad.

I hit the South side in about 11 ft of water. Caught about 20 sunnies but kept about 5 as I don't like keeping the small ones.

Was a great time but it always gets colder when I get out there :-)

Here are a few Aqua-Vu pics from this afternoon.

It's hard to make out, but that white spec you see on the Bass' upper lip would be my jig.grin.gif This Bass measured 20", I didn't get a weight on it though. frown.gif

Bass.jpg

Nort.jpg

bassy.jpg

cubbies, the access are more than good enough condition to handle vehicles right now. If I can make it on the lake with my P.O.S., anyone can! shocked.gif

Also, I'll be going out there around 1 and fishing untill 4. I'll be driving a maroon Camry and fishing out of a black Sno-Boat. If ya see me, stop by and say hi!

Going to give medicine a try for the first time this afternoon! Any suggestions? Do I need to get away from people? What depths are good? Like to catch some sunnies not really looking to keep a meal, just looking to try a new lake and enjoy the 40 degree day today!!

any tips would help out!

Thanks!!!

Went out from 1-8 yesterday, talk about it being absolutely beautiful out! Fish were super aggresive in the afternoon. I don't know how many Perch/Sunnies I caught. I didn't even need the Flasher, I would just drop the jig to the bottom and raise it up a foot and would count to 3 and BAM!

Also, I measured the ice to be 18" where I was fishing. The access are really starting to go fast! I have a feeling this weekend will be the last days of anyone *safely* getting on the lake with a vehicle.

I fished the "Claw" with the Baron and Mad Dog last night.

Lots of fish on the Vexi but the bite was a little slow. We ended up with about 20 keepers. The ice is going to go fast with the weather this weekend. Next stop, Open water!

Hey Doc,

Don't you mean coldfront Gary?? You have to quit picking on those little fish.

Ole

Going out around 2ish tomorrow. The shore ice isn't safe enough to drive on anymore, so I'll be walking out from East Medicine Lake Park.

Well, looks like today was my last day of ice fishing out on Medicine. That ice has gotten really bad really fast! You could still make it out there if you really want too, but I'd rather be safe than sorry! blush.gif

Hey Doc,

The big ones are usually right under my hole! Ha-ha! Yeah right! I think we're done icing!

I took my boat off the lawn the other day and opened it up. No mice but I did get a strong hit of moth ball concentrate when I pulled off the cover that sent me reeling. Lost my equilibrium for a few minutes! Scared myself! Has that ever happened to anyone else? I thought I was at a Grateful Dead concert for awhile! I'm okay now. I'm okay now.

We'll be boating real soon!

Ole

Hey MedMan, have the French backwaters opened up yet?

Probably wishful thinking, but I don't think it'll be too long now.

DB

I'm gonna try to get mine ready (after I finish those (Contact US Regarding This Word) ceiling tiles in the basement) this weekend. :-)

medman you back at it yet? Im still rehabing the 14' boat. Hope to spray the bedliner in at work saturday so looks like another saturday away from the fish.I'm getting close though. Getting a 50lb powerdrive (mabey today) from biglakebass. Its coming along nicely jsut a little behind schedule to to my winter laziness I had a ball with dennis steele and some carp last sunday.

Hey Moby, I haven't fished since fished since the last time I was out on the ice(last monday). It looks like I won't be able to take the boat out untill next weekend. frown.gif But in the mean time I've been charging the batteries, checking all the wiring, and doing all that type of stuff.

Hey Moby,

I'm taking the boat out on Medicine today! That should tell you what you want to know.

Fishermen, start your engines!!

Regards,

Ole

Oops,

That last post was meant for huntingislife.

Sorry Moby!

Ole

Quote:

Hey Moby, I haven't fished since fished since the last time I was out on the ice(last monday). It looks like I won't be able to take the boat out untill next weekend.
frown.gif
But in the mean time I've been charging the batteries, checking all the wiring, and doing all that type of stuff.

Hey Med Man,

I haven't checked out this board that often lately, but I am really getting the itch so I stopped by. I see the All Blacks photo for your avatar. Do you play?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Lee, you going out today? I'm heading out there around 2ish. I found Bullgills out on my #1 spot, my biggest Gill so far went 9 1/2"

That's a HORSE! Good job. I won't be out at all for at least a week. Work. I've been catching standard issue crappies in the North arm by dragging ice flies, but this weather really slowed the action.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the new news out there? I just started seeing people fishing the shallows after work yesterday.

I haven't been out on the lake for over a week. The North arm was good at that time. I hope to try it this weekend, but I have no idea what's up until then. Maybe Medicine Man's got news?