• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vermilion River?

Do you know how shallow it actually gets 2'-4'. Yeah, i.ve fished next to the bridge, we've caught a few decent Eyes there, nothing to brag about though. I dont see a clear LK anywhere. How far up stream is it?

The average depth is a little deeper than that.....Clear Lake is about a mile or so down stream from the Etter Bridge.

Cory Frantzick

Can you post any info on Clear Lake? Or you can Email me.

Clear Lake in the '80's used to be an unbelievable spot for big pike, but, with all good bites angler greed cut that down. Now it is a decent panfish lake, with a fair mixed bag of other lake fish. It is a fun place to check out! Here is a map. http://thoreau.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/lakemaps/b0507010.pdf

Good luck!

Cory Frantzick

It must get froze out at those depths. Unless it was a migratory thing, I don't see how those pike got so big..

Ahhh, so they would also have full access to the river. Do any fish migrate from the Sippi?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd assume that would be a yes, or maybe.. Is there any numbers in here? I definately plan to hit it with the high water, is ther traffic bad?

Pre Thanx....again

Yes fish migrate up from the Sippi to Clear Lake, I think the majority are from the Vermilion river though. As for traffic, you should have it pretty much all to your self. That whole stretch of river recieves very little pressure, Black bird can get a few more people when the bite is REALLY good, but, for the most part it is pretty quiet! Enjoy, it is a beautiful area!

Cory Frantzick

• 1 month later...