• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
invadersmn

Thinking about moving?

invadersmn

Hello everyone. I am out of Mac's Twin Bay and am in 15 ft of water over gravel (hawkbill) Wondering if it is worth the move to a little deeper water? We are catching some perch and that is the only reason I am not sure. What do others think. McQuoids has a bunch of rentals near me so I don't think I am in a bad spot just wondering if I should go a little deeper. Thanks everyone for the posts.
Charles

Iceman73

I was probably one of your neighbors this weekend. We fished in one of McQuiod's houses out of Twin Bay, in 15 feet and caught 2 whole perch. The people we talked to at the various bars all said they were in 25-30 feet, and most of them had at least caught a walleye or two. One of them had caught a 30 incher. I think the resorts are less inclined to move their houses, and that is why they are still in 15 feet. With the numerous houses sitting out a 1/4 mile, I would assume the fishing has to be better out there, otherwise those people would be moving in.

Charles,
I would set tight were you are, I moved my shack out to the gravel bar on the saddle in 28-29' and all I ended up doing was catching 2 walleye but, not catching any perch so I move back shallow after trying a few more deep holes. I geuss since the fishing is poor I just wanted to atleast be kept busy teasing perch. My 2c

I too was wondering about moving. I am also out of Mac's. We are in 24' about a mile out, and have caught a few walleyes (6", 17", 25", 27"), 2 pout and ONE perch. Thats all in that spot, nothing more besides a few bites. been in the same spot for a month. I have been reading the posts on here and haven't found a good enough reason to move yet.
Everyday we get closer to the end of the season I know that the cost of those fish keep going up. Be nice if i could actually eat one!
O well, guess its not just the fish that count, after all its fishing, not catching.

mMh

invadersmn

Yeah I am thinking that I am just going to stay where I am at. I at lease catch perch there. I will normaly bring up a few keepers every weekend. So I look at it that not many people are even able to catch any fish to keep so there is a few +'s to the whole shallow thing. I think I will just hit the deep water with my portable and leave the base where she sits. Thanks everone for the replies though exactly the type of info I was looking for!

Charles