• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fish report for se side

just got back from dickies 8 guys 72 hours half barrel of beer and 4 bottles of whiiskey 4 perch 10" the biggest fished all over the se side even went bout 10 miles out nothing we caught all the perch out of the fish house. The house didnt look like it had been moved in a while but we were in about 30' of water we had 2 cameras and the perch were all over just wouldnt bite didnt see any wallys and believe me we were up all night every nite. seen one eel pout on the camera nosed my minnow and swam away we had two rattle wheels go the first night but no fish. some guys came to the cabin behind us wasnt there 15 minutes caught a 30" wally and that was it for the rest of the time they were there. wish i had a better report but htat was it maybe some of you guys that were out there last weekend seen us we had a tan gmc wisconsin plates with a tapped half barrel riding in the back. well good luck fellas i wont come back maybe winni next year i hear the fish are biting out there. oh yeah for those of you having heat problems from dickies shacks we must of had all your heat had to shut one heater off bout 100degrees in the shack

My group fished out of McQuiod's, we were on the SE side also. Our problem was that our house was only in 15 feet of water! It was us, and like 2 other houses at that depth, and then like 200 houses about 300 yards out from us. We caught 2 small perch, and missed 1 other fish, all on rattle reels in the A.M. Pretty lame. We had a good time though, stayed up all night on Saturday. If you heard Johnny Cash blaring at 5 a.m. that was us.

I won't rent houses on Mille Lacs.

The houses are lined up in rows and left for the season--it's a shame these guys don't move them to better spots as the season progresses. We paid over a hundred fifty bucks a night and didn't get a thing.

My request to re-locate the house was met by a snicker. I'm not sure of all these guys are this complacient about where their houses sit, but I'd drive to LOW and really catch fish if that's what your out there for.

Iceman73-
I am guessing you were out by my perm. We are in about 15 feet too. We do ok there if we are fishing hard. Had a couple hits on the rattle reels but not one fish off them yet this year. I am wondering if I should move to the bottom of the reef and see what happens I am thinking about bringing my portable up this weekend and trying to hit the deeper waters. Would like to hear more from peopel that are on the SE part of the lake and how they are doing. They use to have a post going just for the fishing report. WOnder if there would be any interest to start up another one.

To address the issue of moving the houses's here is a copy and paste from mequoids resort. "The fish houses are spacious, modern, and comfortable. Have a good time with friends and family. Listen to music or watch TV while fishing for walleye, perch and pike. There is a porta-potti inside the fish house in a separate room for your comfort. These are the finest rental houses you'll find. We normally try to move 1/2 the houses each week." They try! However they can not put the fish on your line!

Also

Charles

[This message has been edited by invadersmn (edited 02-04-2003).]

chells some resorts are better than others about moving houses, but the bottom line is the fishing just isn't very good right now. The houses are big heavey and not very easy to move, it is very hard on the structure to always move them. It is also not practical for the resorts to move thier houses too far from the resort. The houses are there for entertainment, if you want lots of fish you will never be mobile enough an any of the houses.

The biggest indication that maybe the house needed to moved was the fact that here we are, all by our lonesome, 1 house (which happened to be a McQuoid's also) about 300 yards to the south, and 1 house about 300 yards to the north. Then, if you look to the west, there is a small village of probably 200 houses all lined up next to each other. I understand that moving those big houses (ours was a 10-holer, 6-man) isn't the easiest thing in the world, but we paid $300 a night with the assumption that we'd at least have a chance to catch some fish. 15 feet is way too shallow as far as what I have heard. The house itself was awesome. Very nice, brand new this year in fact. It's just unfortunate that it wasn't put into a position to produce for us. As far as putting the fish on the line for us, I don't expect that, but at least give us a chance to hook one. I know that the fishing has been pretty poor as of late, but I figured we'd at least have more than 3 bites over the 40 hour span that we fished. Oh well, you live and learn I guess.

I realize these houses aren't easy to move, but why do the guys on LOW manage to do it and the guys on Mille Lacs can't?

When you go into the office and see them all standing around (or leaning on the counter) puffing on their "heaters" they don't appear to be over worked.

We have a 16x8 on wheels that we move when we need to and it's kind of a pain, but it's always worth it.

I fish out of my portable almost exclusively because I like to catch fish, not just a Buzz grin.gif

If some of the resorters on Mille Lacs don't care to put in the effort for their paying clients, then they shouldn't whine about the loss of clientele; or get an attitude with those of us who expect to get our monies- worth and express that fact when we don't.

I think it would be great if the resorts that don't care to move their houses inform their guests that they had better be prepared to either bring portables for mobility or not be disappointed if they go home with nothing more than a hang-over!