• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

what is going on with mille lacs

all the bad reports about the fishin is really scary im heading up for my first time the 31st my uncle has been going for the past umpteen years always heard how great the fishin was at mille lacs but im getting very discouraged. the guys that are very mobile are still having a tough time catching fish so what does that say for me i will be in a perm and thats probably where ill stay. I dont give a hoot about the slot i probably wont keep any fish anyway i just love to catch em take a picture and release em. i hope to hear better reports soon but in the mean time anyone got any ideas on why the bite is so slow.

Mille Lacs had a major perch hatch that has kinda shut the fishing down for awhile. Some guys are doing really well, some have even taken home limits of slot walleye. But from what I have experienced and the reports I have heard is that you can almost expect 1 or 2 walleyes and a half a dozen or so jumbo perch if you are fishing from a permanent over a weekends time.

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end and Mille had a record summer for walleye, and it had to shut down sometime. Good luck out there.

We've been using glow Gamakatsu hooks with small shiners and medium to large fatheads at 27 feet over rocks. Sundown and sunrise, and change bait every fifteen minutes if you can.

morriscode

thanks morris appreciate all the advise myself and 7 buddies are heading up the 31st through 2nd out dickies do you have any info about dickies and about where there shacks are located

rmh2o

There was a huge perch hatch last fall the lake went from starving walleyes that would bite on anything to full walleyes almost overnight

I think this year Dickies has two main roads that should be well marked. They will be able to point you in the right direction, then all ya gotta do is look for the numbers on the houses. You should invest in some tipups if you already dont have them. With 8 guys you can have 16 lines and better your odds big time. Even if you all throw down 20 bucks each and by some cheaper tips just make sure you have the max number of lines down.

Johnsons Portside is right there and they have everything you need from bait to smokes, no beer though you can get that in Isle. Couple years ago I took my girlfriend on Dickies launch and they are nice people and I would think they would spend the extra time to get thier houses on some fish. I will be up there Feb 1,2 out of Big Point which is just North of you guys.

Glad to help, good luck fishin

morriscode

[This message has been edited by morriscode (edited 01-22-2003).]