• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Pike1

Fishing Reports

Mr. Pike1

I did not get out this weekend as I had to work. I am very interested in the report. I hope the bite turned on out on the big pond. It has been two weeks of very very poor fishing.

was out and fished a little while sunday night around the 2 mile area
nothing

than saturday morning i fished on the north side of the lake
we caught 3 five pound walleyes and a eel pout
we left by 11 am
pretty disappointing
dont know if i will be back
they arent any houses on the lake either which i thought was crazy

WELL 3 5LB WALLEYE IS NOTHING WHY DO SO CALLED GROWN MEN HAVE TO WINE IF THEY DONT LIMIT OUT. THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT FISH ALL WEEKEND AND CATCH LESS AND ARE HAPPY FOR WHAT THEY CAUGHT. IF YOU ARE GOING TO WHIN GO TO THE CRYING CHATROOM

compared to last year its nothing, thats why its kinda disapointing

Northlander

Wow! Minmo whats up?

Ice Hole

Sounds like Minmo had a bad day on the water? Fishin all day for 3 non slot walleyes would kinda suck...when on mille lacs that is...

fishfearme

I agree with minmo. I'm sick of hearing people complain about the lake, indians, slot, etc.. If you don't like it move to ND. I caught some beautiful fish on Christmas eve. 18 to 24 inches fat and healthy and had a blast catching them. 23 feet on a thumper spoon w/ minnow head.

------------------
Shut up and fish!

Blaze

Would also have to agree with minmo and fearme - so many have been spoiled on Mille Lacs that the true prize of catching ANY walleye has been diminished almost completely. 3 5-pounders is more walleye than many people will catch in a lifetime.

fearme - where in ND did you fish? I'm heading out there Tues for the week. I'd be curious to hear your report.

Thanks.

I get tired of people stating how sick and tired they are of listening to other people whine about Mille lacs. If you don't like it, quit reading the Mille Lacs Forum

walleye wisher

I thought this was suppose to be fishing reports? Has any body been catching anything? I was thinking about coming up Monday. Location doesn't matter, I will travel.

ackotz

Here goes...(a partial re-print from Lundeens):

"The ice thickness has improved a little since last week - up to 11 inches on much of the main lake. There are still some pressure ridges to be
reckoned with...

The walleye bite has improved A LITTLE - scattered reports of multiple fish (a decent ratio inside the slot!) have been trickling in, but most are still finding the walleye bite slower than normal. 18-22 feet has been the best range, 25-28 the next. Vineland Bay, Garrison Reef and 9-mile flat are good starting spots. Shiners on a set line are your best bet overnight, and Hawger Spoons or Weasels tipped with a piece of a minnow are tops during the day. There are a ton of small perch with a handful of jumbos mixed in coming from the South Bays. Northern fishing is decent inthese bays too..."

tjhunter

This has officially become the 'Whining Thread'

Bigguns - it goes both ways...

tjhunter

fishfearme

I guess you guys missed my report. I left one I guess you better read it again. If your are looking for a spot forget it! Find your own spot.

Blaze the only time I've been in ND was to see Metallica in Fargo in 92'
------------------
Shut up and fish!

[This message has been edited by fishfearme (edited 12-28-2002).]

Was on milacsdec 27 10 hours not even a sniff of fish but had fun talking to friends and fishing partner. So what if you got fish all the time they would call it catching and not fishing

thanks for agreeing on last post some of you that dont like the whinning

was on north end and lots of fish on fl8 no takers 22 feet water out of barnacle bills

Fished from 3:30 to 7:30 (2 guys) Fri. evening on the edge of Sherman flat in 26 - 28 ft of water.Caught 7 walleye and 1 pout, 3 of the 7 were keepers others over the slot with the biggest being 22. A few other bites and no perch.
Keep fishin and quit bishin!!!!!!!!!

invadersmn

Was out this morning out of Mac's Twin Bay. I was in about 18 feet of water and caught a few perch (NO SIZE! only about 6 inches) I moved to about 25 feet and could have stayed there all day and cought small perch however had to head home. I have a perm up there and plan on hitting the lake EVERY Weekend so I will be posting more!

DNR stopped by when I was in the portable and stated that people were catching ALOT of fish (perch and eyes!) up in the shallows (10 feet) this all being over Rocks. NOT GRAVEL though which is what I was over.. Jiggin fat heads! I think I am going to check that out next weekend.. Look forward to reading the postings from this weekend to see what others have done!

Charles

fisher13

i was out of red door today. fished from 730 till noon and didnt have any luck. one nice jumbo but that was it. oh and a nice four pound eel pout. fished anywhere from 20-30 ft. ice from 12-15 inches.
fisher13

tjhunter

I fished on Sunday from 7 until noon. Started out east of Sloppy Joes in 21 fow and caught one small walleye. Marked a lot, but no takers. Moved in to the rock reef just in front of Izatys in 8 fow. Dropped my lure down the hole and almost instantly saw a 26 to 27" walleye eyeing up my bait. He flared his gills a couple times but never got the bait into his mouth. Then he lumbered off - never saw another fish. I'll be back up there New Years eve to give it a better try.

tjhunter

I am heading up to the pond Wednesday morning. We will be going out of Dickies and would like to know where we can rent a Vex. Thanks!

RuKiddingMe

Was up on Sunday 12-29-02, out of Lyback's sitting in about 16-17 feet of water, 2 tiny walleyes about 6-7 inches a piece. Fished from 7:30 til about 2:00 and those were the only fish caught.

Hope you all have better luck then I, have a happy new year...

i'll be back friday, this time i'm going to change it around and get there about noon and stay till dark or a little later. I'll leave reports.

BradB

My permanant is in 19 feet, over gravel, at the edge of Hawkbill reef. I fished it Friday through Monday morning and caught 3 walleyes (2 slot) and 8 jumbo perch.

I saw fish on the FL-18 most of the time. I tried different sizes/colors of hooks, fatheads, shiners, rainbows, and 2 sizes of crappie minnows. I also tried many different colors/sizes of jig spoons, tipped and untipped. Nils Master Shads, jigging Raps, Halis of various colors, waxies, eurolarvae, and panfish jigs of many sizes and colored, down to the very tiniest. I hit 'em with the whole armada just to try and figure 'em out.

The only pattern (obvious) that I came out with was that the agressive fish came around sunrise/sunset and that the blips (which I assumed were perch) were more excited by an agressive action.

I know I should move around, but I was happy as a clam to be in the permanant and I thought I'd see if I could outsmart the fish.

End report.

We have our permanent out of agate bay in about 27ft we stayed overnight friday and caught one 15" walleye, two 19" walleye, one 22" walleye, two eelpout and one toulebee. Was a very entertaining twentyfour hours.

huskminn

Thanks for the report BradB.

You did exactly what I have been planning on doing...sorry you didn't get more results out of that hard work.

Harmonica Bear

Haading to the Big Pond tomorrow morn out of Barnacles. The big house is finally out! Hopefully the fish cooperate!! Good luck gang!