• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Artistic Anglers

BigDaddy

I just picked up my Artistic Anglers replica from Thorne Bros. It's a 30" Walleye that I caught and released in the BWCA.

The purpose of this post is to recommend Matt Yernatich, his company, and his product.

My replica is awesome. The fish is so realistic. And the painter did an unbelievable job making my replica look like the fish that I caught.

This is my first "mount" and won't be my last (assuming that I can catch another trophy fish).

I would like information on a replica from artistic anglers. Where they are located and prices. Thank You. gilby.

Do they do skin mounts or just replicas? I have seen some of the mounts all I have to say is WOW.

grin.gif

Hi BigDaddy...

I've got a few pictures I'd like to have made into mounts and I've heard Artistic Anglers do really good work. BUT... Beauty being in the eye of the beholder... Is it possible for you to post a pic of your walleye? (Congrats on the catch, by the way smile.gif ) I'd really like to see their finished product.

Thanks....

They are in Duluth.

I don't have my bill handy. I think it was $10 or $12 per inch but I got a deal by placing my order at the Sportsman's Show.

I'll try to post pics this weekend.

I believe Artistic Anglers is the BEST fish repo maker around. I have been doing quite a bit of researce, on and off of the internet, and they are the best I've come across.

Outdoor ran, you posted a few of their pics awhile back. Any luck on posting more finished work here at FM? Talk to Matt, I believe you guys really need an internet site. If I'm thinking right, they do all the mounts for Cabela's as well.

How about a deal for FM'ers???

Maybe they should contact Rick and become a sponsor?

Probably would be real busy! I know I am interested!

Jim W

Yeah- They do great work!!!!!! They did a 51" Muskie for me in 2001 and she looks awesome. I think the cost was 10.50 a inch. I also got a piece of driftwood for 50.00.

Brian(muskieschaef)

The one and only mount I have ever had made was from Artistic Anglers. I did a lot of research prior to selecting them and I was very happy with the result. However, they do take a super long time to complete the work and that is a consideration. I have heard good things about Fiber Tech too and as I understand it their turn around time is much quicker.

Even though the turn around may be quicker, I believe that if someone waits long enough to catch a trophy worth mounting, then its worth the wait to get a quality mount done of that fish. Just my 2 cents. grin.gif

I have toured Artistic Anglers and I can say I have never seen a better painter in my life. Their artist is incredible! Long wait but from what I saw its more than worth it. If your in a rush go to someone small and local. Just make sure you do your homework and ask for plenty of refrences. Anybody worth going to will be more than happy to give you some.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Fiber Tech Productions is another Replica company that is as good as AA. There turn around time is also pretty good.

In addition they have seen the value of helping to make this site available to you and have sponsored FishingMinnesota.com.

I've seen their work and they are EXTREMELY GOOD.

When you contact them be sure to ask for the FishingMinnesota.com member discount.

Phone: (218) 825-8002

Photo Gallery of Replica Mounts - You will see what I mean when I say Quality Replicas - CLICK HERE.

Be sure to click on each mount for a better view.

Be sure to check them out. They have outstanding references.

Wow, check out their gallery. The concentration must be maddening at times. Cool link Rick!

Outdoorran can answer this better than me of course but he is a Jack of all trades up there. He does a lot of the dirty work that makes the painters jobs easier.

Like I said before there are a lot of real good Taxidermists out there. Do your homework, get references before putting any $ down and make sure you are very clear on what you expect.

Other good things are have a real good picture or 5 and measurements that are accurate. Get close ups of any special features your mount might have. If its from a not so well known area make sure pics show color of fish/animal well. Im still looking for a trophy blue walleye for the wall.

Fibertech is tough to beat for customer service.

I have replicas from Artistic Anglers and Fibertech.

I love both of them.

The difference in my opinion between the two is one very important thing...... Customer Service.

I tried on several occasions this summer to call Artistic Anglers during business hours, and I continuously got an answering machine that didn't allow messages.

Finally, I decided to try Fibertech. Every time I call up there I talk to Mike, and he is top notch!

I placed an order for a smallmouth, and within 3 weeks, I had that fish in my office at work! You may think that anyone with that quick of a turn around is not into the quality, but you need to see his work.

I have sent 3 people to Fibertech since ordering a smallmouth, and they all love Fibertech. (yes, they have gotten turn around times around a month as well)

I know who is getting my repeat business.

Fibertech!

51" musky.

wow thats a dandy.

but $10 an inch, I don't need a calaculator

to figure that out. Thats when a nice 8x10

photo comes in.

I'm seeing it fine. Nice fish BigDaddy!!! AA does nice work!!

I'm still seeing the picture fine.

i didnt see it either at first.

but if you left click and copy paste properties it will show up.

that is a nice looking replica.

jim

Left click, etc, and still no worky!

I'd like to see the replica but I guess I'll just have to use my imagination.

Can someone please get this pic up for everyone to see. For some reason only certain people can see it. I tried the left click, right click thing and came up with nothing. I, as well as others, would love to see this pic...thanx.