• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favorites.....

Matt Breuer

I always think about what my favorite game birds are, and schedule my Fall around them in order. Just before leaving on trips I decide which gun is my favorite at the time and take 'er. What are everyone's favorite birds to hunt, and favorite guns to use??

My favorite birds would be:

1. Ruffed Grouse

2. Hungarian Partridge

3. Woodock

4. Pheasants

5. Sharptails

Favorite guns would be the Sire O/U for grouse and Sharpies, and my Stoeger side by side for the rest!

1. Ruffed Grouse (without a doubt)

2. Woodcock

3. Pheasant

For 1, 2, and 3 my trusty old Browning BPS 20 gauge upland model.

1. Pheasant

No particular order

Partridge

Grouse

Woodcock

Quail (dream hunt for me)

Throw in the occasional duck too.

391 Auto for pheasants, partridge, ducks

AyA SxS or Beretta O/U for grouse & woodcock

Definately pheasants fisrt. Next grouse. Love to hunt huns but rarely get the opportunity.

Rem 870 for all.

1. Grouse 2. Pheasant 3. Woodcock

I usually use my Mossberg Ulti Mag, but occasionally the 20 gauge I bought for my wife ( which she rarely uses).

1 Pheasant

2 Duck

3 Geese

4 Grouse

As for my gun,my Browning B80 in 12 ga. is hard for me to beat as I have been shooting that gun for over 23 years.

1. Pheasant

2. Pheasant

3. Pheasant

4. Geese

5. Grouse

6. Ducks

1) By far-------Geese

2) Ducks

3) Pheasants

4) Ruffed Grouse

5) Last but not least, Dove

Ducks,geese,and pheasants--Browning Gold 3.5" when it is not jammed, Benelli Nova for my main back up.

Grouse--Universal Firearms O/U that was my grandpa's. There is something extra cool about hunting with an over/under or side by side.

1. Ducks- Rem 11-87 12 GA (1996 HS graduation gift)

2. Pheasant- Beretta 687 ultralight deluxe

3. Grouse- Beretta 687 ultralight deluxe

4. Geese- 11-87 12 GA

I use my lab for everything and my german wirehair pointer for pheasent and grouse.

Ole

1)Pheasant

2)Ruffies

3)Sharpies

4)Everything else

Use the Spartan O/U on for pheasant and ruffies, and the browning bps on the rest

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Pheasant

Geese

Ducks

Grouse

Huns

Dove

Never hunted Sharpies.

1) Sharpies

2) Huns

3) Pheasants

4) Ducks

5) Geese

Browning 12 Ga. 3 1/2

cool.gif

Not too particular, but probably in this order, although I'll usually deer hunt of any kind over all of them:

1) ducks

2) grouse

3) geese

4) pheasants

5) anything else, whatever there's a bunch of someplace that I hunt a lot is fine

1. Pheasants- Browning Citori

2. Ducks- Benelli

3. Geese- Benelli

4. Grouse- Browning Citori

Whatever I'm chasing I really enjoy.

Jason Erlandson

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

1. Turkeys

2. Ducks(Especially Divers)

3. Pheasant

4. Geese

5. Grouse

1. Any bird my dog can smell

2. Any bird my dog can point

3. Any bird that will fit in my dogs mouth for retrieves

4. Basically any legal upland game bird that falls into categories 1-3

5. Then wild turkey

6. Then goose

7. And of course, being from St. Louis...I gotta go with Cardinals

1. Grouse

2.pheasants

3. Ducks

It's a short list but it keeps me busy. Ithica 16 gauge for the grouse, Rem 1170 for everything else.

Hunt Safe

I have to agree with CHEEK. I concentrate the majority of my time on the ruffys! They by far are the best table fair and a guy can hunt them without needing 3 boxes of shells a bag of decoys and getting up at 05:00....plus I seem to like ruffys they aren't the smartest bird so late in the season if you see one you can chase them around a bit as they usually don't fly far!!!! Oh ya I use a 20 gauge wingmaster...light gun good for huntin road chickens!

I love it all but having grown up in I-Falls the order would have to be this.

1. Grouse (any kind) Ruger Red Label 12ga.

2. Pheasant Browning A-5 Lightweight 12ga.

3. Woodcock Ruger Red Label 12ga.

4. Ducks Browning A-5 Mag 3" 12ga.

It seems really hard to choose between them. I grew up hunting with the ol man for ducks, jumping beaver ponds and decoying in the rice. Now I use his shotguns and mine and man the memories.......

Jump shooting ducks and geese

Pheasant

Decoying ducks and geese

I like gouse but aren't many in my area and partrige are limited but once in a while while pheasant hunting

Rem model 12 sportsman same as 870 only $100 less.

the only woodcock I've ever seen I clubed w/3'stick at the age of 12. I really didn't know that there was enough of them in parts of the state that people acually went after them.

1.)Grouse

2.)Grouse

3.)Grouse

Only tried hunting grouse and its to adicting to stop!!!

I forgot another favorite, the great wily bobwhite!!

BDR, are you coming down to Nebraska this year with me or what? We can chase pheasants, bobwhite, partridge, and maybe even some women.... wink.gif

Nebraska sounds great! I have been there a few times. If we go chasing Pheasants, bobwhite, partridge and women. My wife will go hunting Breuer's. grin.gif I will give you a call later today.

My better half's been huting this Breuer ever since hunting season opened, I'm just to quick! tongue.gif

What a great time of year! So many choices that you can't possibly hunt for everything....I love having that problem! Here is my list:

1. Ducks and geese

2. Sharpies

3. Huns

4. Ruffs

5. Crows

I do not hunt pheasants but I am sure that if I stared, it would make the list. Now if we were to go by favorite tasting bird, I would go with ruffs hands down! Good luck all!

Are some of you guys crazy??? ducks are better eating than grouse? no way! And eating Crow? You should send me some recipies for those miserable sky rats...... cool.gif

I thought the question was what's your favorite to hunt, not eat.

If it were favorite to eat, grouse would be #1.

Ole