• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Agate Bay Resort

latz333

Hi all,

A few of us have reserved a sleeper the weekend of December 27th - 29th at Agate Bay Resort. Last year was our first time ice fishing on Mille Lacs and we went through the Red Door and fishing was really slow. Just wondering what to expect this time. Any information would be great.

Thanks,

Latz

Latz, thats a great question, I am currently working on perfecting a system which will allow me to predict how fishing will be 20-25 days in advance on a body of water over 100 miles away. As soon as I get a few bugs worked out it will do just that. At that point in time it will allow me to become the richest most powerful man on earth. I have been working on this for over 30 years and have made tremendous progress. I now have the system finetuned to a point where I can tell how the fishing will be on the water I am currently fishing on, and sometimes for as long as 8-12 minutes into the future. I know this is exciting news so please try and contain yourself. Tremendous time, energy, and money is being devoted to research and development. Anyone who would like to donate to help speed the perfection of this technology may make donations in the form of cash, money order, boats, bait, tackle, maid service, large pepperoni and sausage pizzas, 2 cycle oil, or Summit extra pale ale. I will keep you informed of new developements, or at least the need for more donations!!! grin.gif

Kwkfsh,
You need to send me a set of fish-n-piss diapers berofe you write stuff like that...so I don't wet my good slacks! grin.gif

latz333,
The biggest thing to remember is there are fish below you all the time at dusk and dawn unless your on a real bad spot. The biggest mistake guys make in the permanents is being load and partying during the good bite which equals no fish. Save the noise for later and you should be ok out of almost any resort!

[This message has been edited by chiro (edited 12-04-2002).]

[This message has been edited by chiro (edited 12-04-2002).]

Good one man!! On a serious note, you should be able to catch fish on this lake at any time of the year and really any time of the day. If your not, move if you can be portabloe during the day. Let them know your intentions...a lot of times people rent sleepers just to gather and catching fish is a bonus. Let the resort owner know you are very serious about catching fish and if you want to catch a few fish all day, more fish during the day, or if you plan on being portable during the day, let them know that you want the house setup in a night time location. This bit of communication can really help your trip. This time of year catching fish on Mille Lacs shouldn't be too tough, but even within a single resort one guy can be catching a ton and not to far away a guy might not get a bite.

Good Luck, I will be on the SW side during this time, if your going to be portable during the day let me know. We sometimes head into Cove bay for pike during the day, we tend to get a few walleyes then too.

Thanks All (even you kwkfsh),

I should have been a little more specific for our slower friends on the board!!! grin.gif

Grabs,
There are going to be four of us and we will definitely be portable. We are bringing up two 2 man clams and were planning on hitting it pretty hard. We had talked about trying to get into some monster pike during the day and using the sleeper as a base. Do the sleeper thing at night and having a few cold ones... smile.gif
We should try to hook up. I will post a little closer to the trip.

Latz

latz, the agate bay reef is where we start our Ice fishing each year. If you guys are sleeping in you will miss the best fishing of the day. I head out before sun-up and wait for the walleyes. Very seldom do I get blanked. As the morning progresses and the people head into the resort for breakfast I start catching perch. The perch run in sperts but can be lots of fun. I don't start chasing fish until mid January. This reef is good early season and the resort will have there rentals on top of it. Color can be key, especially colored hooks.
Last year my wife stayed with the glow red and out fished me during the day. She was getting walleyes while I was trying to figure out what color the perch wanted.
Fatheads & rainbows. Mousies at times.
Good Luck...

Scupper,

As you can see from my earlier post, that is exactly what I was looking for. There will be no sleeping in when there are fish to catch!!!! grin.gif We usually go to LOTW but this year decided to stay a little closer to home for the 1st trip of the year. The one thing we were all excited about was that we would be a lot more mobile and be able to move to the fish and not the other way around. Looks like it will be a good time!!

Latz