• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where to get "stuff" on the east side?

Pharcta2

4 of us from work have reserved one of McQuoid's "executive" houses for the 2nd weekend of January. Anyone have any suggestions on bait/snacks/booze locations near there? Also - is there anyplace that rents Aqua-Vu cameras in the area?
Thanks in advance!

If you drive to the Southwest corner I believe Lundeens Tackle Castle will rent Aqua Vu's. Right across the street from Lundeens is a holiday gas station. There is also a grocery store and liquor store in Isle. Dickies Portside may also rent camera's.

Good Luck!

Pharcta:

We rented a aqua view from Capra's,in Blaine,a couple of years ago.

Addicted

I agree with D-man Lundeen seems like you are intruding when you go in his store. I asked him how they were biting and he said how the hell should he know. I haven't been back since.

Also, In Isle right before you get to Maquoids there is a small grocery store and right next to that is a bar that has on/off sale as well. There prices are pretty good and it sure is convenient having them there so I always try and support the locals but you can do as you see fit. Less to pack also.

I would rather use only artificial than buy bait from lundeen's, that guy has been nothing but rude to me. Johnson's has great bait and has really given me some huge portions, and the way they have biten the last few years you've needed every shinner!

Pat's sport shop in Isle is the closest. Its on Hwy 47. Theres a bottle shop and Super Valu in Isle on Hwy 27.

[This message has been edited by fishfearme (edited 12-03-2002).]

You can get groceries in the town of Isle just south of Mcquoids. It is an IGA grocery store and there is an on/off sale liquor store close by from there two.
The rental housed from McQuoids are nice, but you don't go out on the Lake from there. You head out on Twin Bay just north of McQuiods. Another good place to eat is Cataways up by Malmo, about a 9-10 mile drive. They have the best broasted chiken I have ever ate!