• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

mississippi

I was down on Pool 2 (not up by the ford dam though) on Saturday for a couple early morning hours and caught a bunch of smallies! All good size (14-19inches) and VERY plump! The action was really hopping for those couple of hours. I'm planning on heading down there hopefully tonight and I really hope that the storm that came through didn't turn the fish off too much! I'm hoping that with the warm weather that the rain will have raised the water levels a bit and pushed the fish up further, if that's the case, the bass might be hot tonight - then again it could be hit or miss (keep the fingers crossed).

i like by fort snelling because fort snelling is a good spot for sheep

I used to fish at crosby park on the river more towards the airport entrancce(not the one by 35e). anyone fished that area lately, havent been there for a few years.

I was down there on Monday night again and only caught 4 bass (3largies & 1 smallie) all under 12inches. The big fish got out of dodge when that storm rolled in. But I got all the fish on topwater - buzzbait, so that was a ton of fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fished Fort Snelling today caught sheepies, sucker, and white bass

was using crawlers and shrimp

water very high

but weather was awsome

Hey slayer I saw you down at fort snelling today. I was the kid with the long hair with my friend.

Yep i was there lol,,, took my dad, little bro, neice, and nephew... Took two trips there same day

mostly caught sheepies

Anyone know where to get some cats from shore at fort snelling?

we went back caugfht a flathead and a few sagers and 122 sheeps.......big ones

[This message has been edited by Fat Joe (edited 06-16-2004).]

Went down to fort snellin and slayed them dam sheephead, Must have got closed to 50.
Also got a couple nice snaugers and carp,

walked up to ford **** from north enterance of park..

1 eye
1 chan cat
2 smallies
and more sheep than i care to count

weather was great!

was only using crawlers and shrimp

i think some fatheads would have produced more smallies and eyes....

Went down to fort snellin yesterday and the sheephead have gone mad, Me and two other people caught 100 sheephead. leave the bait at home you catch with plain hook practicly .

Is there access to the sippi for shore fishing near Maple Grove? Want to give it a try!

I've never hit the northern subs further south than than ...dang, I have such a hard time with all these towns with vowels afore & aft...ANOKA! That's it. Anyway, I've seen public shore & parks on the map in Fridley & Coon Rapids. North of Anoka there is Dayton, Elk River and various accesses to the Crow.

Good Luck,
Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been out to the ford dam or fort snelling lately, I am thinking about going out later in the week.

I fished around Fort Snelling a week ago. The water is getting pretty low, fishing seems to have slowed also (for me atleast).

• 2 weeks later...

Im going either to fort snelling or ford dam this weekend and wondering if anything is biting other than sheephead. wich were biting pretty good on last week. I imagine the water is pretty low.

I went to fort snelling yesterday and it was the slowest i have seen it this year. It was really hot and humid and I got a little sheep and a 3 pound channel cat on worms. than before I left I casted a spoon a got a little white bass on my first cast. Has anyone been fishing anywhere else and catching. I need to find a new spot if the sheeps aren't even going to bite.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Went to fort snelling on saturday and did pretty good. I caught a 20 lb carp, (personal best) an 8 pound carp and a 16 inch walleye and a bunch of redhorse, surprisingly no sheephead. I caught all of them with worms off the bottom.