• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fisher Dave..

I tried the West side of Calhoun tonight, I don't know how you do it!!!! I had to nice Bass blow up's my head was always turned from all the eye-candt running around!!! I missed them both.. Maybe I should get some of those blinders that they put on horses during races, cause my attention kept turning to the jogging path, hehe. Anyway I'll have to try it again, I was casting a top water spiral frog with a rubber frog trailer ( hard to describe ). Are they all on the inside weed edge? my two blow-ups came right at the weed edge.
Take care,
Kevin

Jeez, wher's the edit button!!! some bad typing on my post cause I'm tired, hope you figure it out smile.gif

Most hits tend to come from near either side of the weedline. A fair amount of hits will also come on the outside of the weeds for a considerable distance .. but less likely with surface lure's (pretty deep). This is why I throw alot of spinnerbaits so I can fish them slightly deeper if needed, where possible. Rolling spinner baits can also be very affective where you have holes in the weeds... It turns into a science ... and then into anarchy when a musky or large northern grabs your bait on the outside, or middle of the weedbed.

The east side of the lake can be very productive also. The area from the fishing dock north to the big culvert in particular.

Both sides produce excellent fishing, and both have a good veiw of the jogging trail... my neck still hurts from years of fishing the lake.