• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Big Brown

Ice Fishing Bachelor Party

Big Brown

I have been given the opportunity to throw my baby brother a bachelor party sometime after new year's and given the fact that he is an avid ice fisherman (as are the majority of the people who will be attending) I thought that a weekend on the ice would be a good time.

Here is the catch....

There will be somewhere around 30 guys (and a couple of entertainer's at least one night) that will need to be accomodated.

Are there any resorts that would be able to accomplish this with sleeper houses? Would they want to? I was thinking about something like one very large house for central gathering/entertaining and a bunch of other houses for serious fishing, sleeping and the future father in-law.

I really want to throw a party that he will enjoy and he has already gave this as his top pick. Not to mention that he has to throw my bachelor party next summer!

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Grabs

Check out Dickies,..they have some huge houses,...like 22 holers and stuff!

Find the website, Dickies Portside

Hoovey

I have a couple bunks open if the "entertainers" need a place to shack up. wink.gif

Flagship on Big Point has a couple of party houses they have been setting up. They are made up with 10' x 16' houses put together on the ice. The longest I saw was 64'. Plenty of room for a large group.

Hey I run a bus company if you want a bus to take all you down for the weekend and back we would not take the bus on the ice but could park it on shore for the weekend.Call me at apartheadquarters.com at 612 727 8947 we have party buses so you can party down and back

------------------
MARVIN KEEN

Hey I run a bus company if you want a bus to take all you down for the weekend and back we would not take the bus on the ice but could park it on shore for the weekend.Call me at apartheadquarters.com at 612 727 8947 we have party buses so you can party down and back was at dikies a while back and his houses are nice and they are big

------------------
MARVIN KEEN

Rick

I recommend McQuoid's or Dickies. They both have huge houses and both will most likely make sure you are very well taken care of.

http://mcquoids.com
Classier and a bit more.

http://dickiesportside.com
Party houses should be no problem - Even uses mobile homes on the ice.

james_walleye

I had my bachelor party on Mille Lacs last winter. It was a blast. We only the 8 guys in the wedding along so it was a much smaller crowd. Caught lots of fish. And it doesnt hurt that one of the best bars in the state is right in Garrison.

When fishing gets slow, go into Brainard and visit the Iron Rail. Good time. Put it this way, your dollar goes far there...

irishjigs

Dickies is great. They have huge 22 hole fish houses. They are also very nice people. Our group of 8-10 guys have been going through them for a few years for are "annual" fishing trip. I know its like $600 for the 22 holer for 48 hours. Not bad for Mille Lacs.

HeavyD

He he he...
This is my party and it sounds as though it will be exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for all of the feedback, it is greatly appreciated by Big Brown and myself.

Big Brown

I second the big "Thank You" from Heavy D. It looks like we are going to be going out of Dickie's the weekend of Feb 21 & 22. I realize that this is the weekend after walleye closes but if we went over Valentine's day I think that it really wouldn't be considered a bachelor party because there wouldn't be a wedding!