• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mrmillelacs

what are folks doing with their fish houses this year?

mrmillelacs

what are the rest of you doing with your fish houses? the tribe and dnr have really left things up in the air. i dont know if i should pay the resort for the season drag out or leave it in storage. i get the feeling that if i go ahead and send a check for the full season and the season is curtailed, i wont get a refund. is everyone playing wait and see?

Insp Gadget

We're hoping for early ice, and putting the house out! It's nice to take home a meal once in a while, but for us it's about fishin, not just catchin. We enjoy the time spent in the house, watching what swims by on th aqua view, and seeing what will bite. If we gotta throw it back, well, ok, it was fun to catch. Also would expect that We'll know where we stand for winter before the big houses can go out anyway. Our $.02

mrmillelacs

i didnt mean to get anybody worried. just feel a little baffled about what might happen. would like to get up and do a little work on the house and cant get at it as it is buried in the resorts yard. dont want to ask the resort to move it out to where i can work on it without paying him. The last i heard about the lake situation is that the tribe thinks the latest proposal by the dnr to make up for the overages is woefully inadequate. The dnr had put a plan on the table to allow for a 5 year plan where there would be a protected slot of 17-28 inches, which i thought was overly generous.. So i think we will see this thing in court in the next week, as the fish management year begins december 1st and some kind of plan will be in place by then

Tonka Boy

I hadn't really heard anything about the Mille Lacs "battle" in some time. Now you've got me worried. Does anyone have any current info about the winter season regs? Thanks.

------------------
Tonka Boy

Jonesin4eyes

Thanks for the heads-up on this MrMilleLacs. I was thinking about dragging my pig of a shack up there later this month. After having so-so luck up there for years, this spring turned me (and I'm sure - anyone else that fish up there in May or June) into a crazed Mille Lacs fanatic. I haven't seen much in the papers lately about this so please keep us informed if you hear anything more about it. Think the fishing will be as good as I heard it was last year?

I was planning on putting mine out in front of fishers on that 27'-32' break into the muck??? Anyone know what Fishers is charging for season passes and any thoughts on the location are appreciated?

Jonesin4eyes

MrMillelacs - Any update on the winter regs for MilleLacs?

mrmillelacs

no new news.. however there are meetings going on at this time between the dnr, the us fish and wildlife service and the band... if there is any hope it is that the band may be a little dismayed and apprehensive that pawlenty and coleman were elected. I believe mr Pawlenty will appoint a new dnr commish that may be a little less inclined to rubber stamp the bands shenanigans

MJR

I plan on putting mine out on Hawkbill reef just as soon as Kevin will pull it out there. Slam 47 beers before 2 in the afternoon each day on the lake and pull in some monster Walleyes and Jumbo's.

The band and the DNR can stop you from keeping them but they cannot stop you from catching them. I hope.

Our motto on Mille Lacs in the winter is you have to be drunk to catch fish. And if you are not catching them you have not drank enough!

Highs in the teens next week.