• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

T Hass

shsball

Trenton signed an offer sheet with the Jailblazers!!!! WHY WHY..........man that kinda money leaves me kinda nervous that we wont match it....... id cry if we'd lose him..... he IS, not was, a huge part of this team, more then people think......

Yes I totally agree. I think if we are able to go into this season with a healthy THud,Wally, and Cassell we should have a great year. Also I think Kandi Man should be a lot better this year.
Take care,
Brad

I'm with shsball, I'm going to cry if/when we lose Hassell. I don't think we can/will match the offer.

Two ways to go on Hassell I think:

1) He's replaceable. He was a Chicago Bulls castoff. He came into the league as a scorer and came with the mindset that he could fill any role and the wolves set him to the task of being a shutdown defender. Isn't there another rookie or vet that we could get for cheap to come in and do the same thing and use the money elsewhere?

2) We direly need him. He knows the system. All great teams need a shutdown guy-A Bruce Bowen, Tayshaun Prince, Ron Artest. For our window of opportunity (1-2 years), we need this guy to fill this role no matter the high cost. We'll already be paying the luxury tax so who cares.

Personally I can see both sides but I think #1 makes more sense. Wally gets his chance to start (and hopefully shows some D), and we use the money elsewhere to get another good guy. I guess I'm happy no matter what the wolves do because Hassell wasn't guaranteed to be starting if we do bring him back. He would be a situational start between him and Wally World I would think game by game, not to mention that a healthy THudd would probably on occasion get minutes opposite Cassell. What a power packed guard combo that is, assuming THudd gets signed in the next day or two as is being reported.

• 2 weeks later...

Well barring potentially signing another fair big body pretty cheap the Wolves are likely done with signing people. I for one am very happy they decided to match the offer on Hassell & that THud finally signed his deal. With a little improvement from Kandi & a little better luck with injuries the Wolves are a strong candidate to win a championship this year. The Lakers certainly should not be their problem & I'm not convinced the Kings will be as good this year as they've been the past couple.

The Jazz & the Nuggets did definitely get better so the West still promises to be pretty interesting this year.

The teams that will challenge the Wolves will be the Nuggets and the Rockets. Other than that, most of the other teams took a HUGE step back, especially the lakers who will be the Bulls of the early 90s...pathetic.

Sacto has issues. Peja is screaming for a trade, Webber is just walking wounded and not a favorite amongst his team mates right now and they have the 2nd round exit spector hanging over their heads.

Utah will be improved, but not to the point that they will be giving the Wolves too many problems.

Dallas has not done much to bolster their already horrible defense and they lost Nash to boot.

Portland, Seattle, Clippers, etc, etc, barring unforseen circumstances, will not challenge the wolves either.

The scariest team will be Houston. Adding Tmac alongside Yao can cause anyone nightmares and causes almost the same problems that the combo of Shaq and Kobe did in years past. The Wolves will need to hope for Kandi and another of their big men to step it up this season, or make a trade which is still a possibility.

My prediction: Wolves-Indiana in the finals.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      i cant help you with the weed thing, but i just came back form out that way......Regal, New London Hawick area. i dont no how big the swat of rain was but there is water standing everywhere. my buddy told me they had over 3 inches of rain yesterday/last night 
    • mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.