• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

DNR

It’s me; you know the “d’ork” who had the nerve to criticize the DNR. I thank the moderator for closing the harvesting thread; things were indeed getting out of hand.
But, since allot of forum users seem so pro-DNR, let’s get into a friendly debate about
the DNR and its effectiveness concerning its mission. I say the DNR originally was
a good idea but like many government agencies, it has bloated to the point that it has lost it’s direction and it only cares about continuing and expanding itself.
I live in rural Northern Minnesota and see directly just what the DNR does and doesn’t do.
I ask the DNR supporters to tell us specifically how the DNR fulfills its mission.
Wildlife habitat? Where? How?
Please don’t give me the usual propaganda that you read and here from the DNR.
Up here, they sell stumpage to loggers who in turn, clear cut the area and the resulting young popple growth is called “wildlife habitat” and does indeed support much wildlife. After a few years, they spray herbicide to kill the popple and then plant Red Pine. Red Pine doesn’t nurture much wildlife but it grows fast and looks pretty and then, more stumpage can be collected.
Stocking fish? There are members inside the DNR that will tell you that a “put and take” fishery doesn’t work.
I ask sportsman to take a good, fresh look at the DNR.
Remember this is a friendly forum.

You might want to try posting this under the "Outdoor Political" page. Scifisher and Huskminn will greet you at the door for a good debate. Granny