• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

closing threads??

BDR

Sometimes these threads are closed so quickly it takes away the effectivness that forums can have on peoples ethics.I was involved in a similiar debate last fall here about displaying in/on vehicles on the way home. I had shot a trophy and let it hang in the open to "show it off" after listening to all the opinions of how I only added to the problem of how non-hunters view us as pigs and that some people take offence to seeing dead animals I really thought hard about that and now agree that I was adding to the problem.I don't want to be part of the problem and if that thread was closed like this "harvest/killing " debate I may still be part of the problem.

Just thought closing this was premature, not trying to attack Sarge's authority. Brian Rogers

Brian, I was going to edit just one word from your post, but you must have thought it wasn't in the best taste, since you went back and deleted most of your post.

The thread started attacking the DNR, next post reamed the the poster and told him to stay home, next had refference to a word I don't want my kids seeing, the next, although it made me chuckle, replied back addressing the original poster as D'ork, a play on his username.

Not a good start to a thread, I closed it and encouraged the start of a productive one.

As you all can see by the responce to the "poll" thread, there are alot of hunters that are willing to participate in this forum, and multiples more come visit and just read what you guys have to share. I can't remember the last time a thread has been locked in this forum. But if they head the direction that went, its best to close it and start over.

And Brian, your post was good, you didn't need delete so much, just needed to be reworded.

Sarge thanks for responding back. I buy that! I actually thought I edited my post before it was closed. I was having a tough time finding the right words,but yet getting across a point. Thanks for explaining and not bieng offended by my questioning your call.