• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stocking Mille Lacs w/ bait fish

I think everones retarded! What would be so hard about stocking the **** out of it w/ fatheads shiners etc. then they would not be eating each other and they would gain weight back so they are not so skiny and everyone would be happy!!!!!!! Let me know what you think about this idea

------------------

C Faber

Don't believe all the hype my friend.
When was the last time you were out on the pond? My last time was Tuesday, and every place I went to, mud, rocks and gravel had more big clouds of baitfish on them than I have seen in quite some time. Now, unless these walleye were so hungry that they ate every last minnow between Tuesday and today....

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail

wallyassasin,
I light heartedly brought this up sometime ago. I likened it to the years when the deer were struggling due to cold and above average snow. I recall some groups putting out feed for the deer.
Anyhow, earlier on this forum it seemed no one was seeing any minnows or perch on Mille Lacs. For a week or so now we have been hearing of the healthy bait fish population.
Is it a miracle or just mother nature?
Or maybe the DNR and the Indians got togather and loaded up a couple of tankers with millions of minnows and made a late night delivery to a public access.
Just havin fun guys...

Good Luck...

D-man is 100% right. The UN could get together in an effort to stock Mille Lacs with baitfish and it wouldn't touch what is produced there naturally. Walleyes are not stocked on Mille Lacs, let alone baitfish.

And yes, clouds of baitfish can be seen more and more over the flats. The bite has slowed down and I can't think of a more likely connection.

I was out last night and believe me, there are still tons of baitfish. I used the word "tons" because I think that is the best way to descibe it. Those fish should be eating real good now!!ScottS

It's still good to hear reports of large baitfish numbers.....I hope they aren't all gobbled up in the next month.

Schnauzer really hit the nail on the head...I think the UN could come in and get this whole Mille Lacs issue ironed out in just a few decades, maybe even without peace-keepers!

I asked my seven year old son, who is developementally delayed, what he thought about stocking baitfish in Mille Lacs. He didn't think much of the idea....He also really likes the purple frowning icon a lot!

mistermom

Mistermom,

Are we supposed to respond to your post or was that just another notch in the belt on your way to 35? wink.gif

Huskminn

No response necessary. I just want people to think about who might be on the other end reading their posts.

mistermom (Jonathan's Dad)

No offense taken. You got to have a sense of humor. But I got to go do laundry and get off this addicting computor. I am as always....

mistermom

I think the walleyes are definitely starving and its great to see the recent baitfish recovery.

But anyone who seriously thinks that dumping loads of baitfish in ML will even make a dent in the baitfish population, is completely ignorant.

Sorry Huskminn!

I forgot about that post. Yes sir, when I hit 35 posts I'm joining the PWT!

mistermom

Mistermom,

After I responded to you, I realized the underlying message in your previous post. I didn't intend to make light of it with an attempt at humor.

I'm slow.....but I usually figure it out.

hey mister didnt mean to affend anyone sorry was at the pond about 2 weeks ago and didnt see much for bait fish must have just schooled up are walleyes still biting good