• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

GET YOU ROOMS RESERVED NOW

we maybe repeat ourselves;; but get rooms now, things are going fast now that the ice is there, couple more weeks everyone will be looking for a place; DRAKES MOTEL in BlackDuck has what you need at a reasonable price, and darn good people

Thanks grin.gif Things are starting to get busy around here and we are really looking forward to seeing how all our anglers do this weekend...hope to take a lot of pictures out in the fish cleaning room.

BUT the reminder is a good thing as here are some dates to start thinking about cause they'll be here before you know it:
*JANUARY 17-21: Martin Luther King long weekend for some~extra day on the lakes!
**FEBRUARY 8: Tentative date for the Blackduck Lake Fishing Derby
*FEBRUARY 14-17: President's Day Long Weekend
more fishing time!
**MARCH 1: Tentative date for the 4th Annual Upper Red Lake Crappie Contest

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Normmmmmm! I mean Paul..It's about time you got back up this way! Read your post to Kyle and he just laughed..more neat stuff in the Pokemon room now! We're hoping to be able to open up another room or two, are you saying we should go for a Pokemon or Scooby Doo theme room instead of a fishing or hunting theme for the room grin.gif

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Our temps warmed up Tues. & Wed. but not like down in your area. Talked to one of our guests this morning and he had just come in from Blackduck and said there was around 13". The perch bite is kicking in and the walleyes are hitting here and there, as were a few small northerns. Talked to a couple last night who had been on Third River and said that they were measuring 14"-16".

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Hey Drake,
I may hit Island on the way home from LOW this weekend. Have you heard any reports from there? I know from experience that the bite was sloooow this summer but curious about the early ice. If nothing else it is always good to look in on the cabin and sit on the ice for an hour or two. Thanks.

Hey Fivebucks~I think it'll be worth your trip to pop in there and check on your cabin! The reports we got for open water was that it was slower than normal, then last weekend we had some guys who gave it a try and didn't return with much.

BUT, today we had six guys out there who did well with perch, northerns and walleyes. Didn't see them all as they were going to clean em when they got home, but they took a couple out so I could do a picture. (Sorry folks, they didn't want to give up their "hotspot" particulars, and they did have to do some moving around to find them, but once they did... grin.gif) As for ice thickness they reported 13".

So if you do stop at the lake (now you have to just to check it out for yourself!) post~or pop in!~and let us know how you did!

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Thanks Drake,
Now I have to stop there and try for some perch. From the LOW posts I've been reading I should have a limit of sauger/eyes with me. It'll be good to get on that lake again since it's been since Sept. If I'm not running too far behind schedule I'll stop in and introduce myself.

Had a couple of guys who went to Zipple Bay one of their days here and from what they were saying you should have your limit of eyes! But the perch the guys brought in today weren't too bad smile.gif, but the pics we posted were of some of the wally's and one of the northerns. Good Luck!

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Drake,
Just got back a bit ago and as usual I fished too long and was running behind so I went home through Grand Rapids from Island. My fishing was rather sporadic. I caught plenty of eyes on LOW but only 3 big enough to keep. Tons of 6-10". That's OK cause 3 is enough for me and the wife. I spent about 4 hours on Island and only mustered up one small northern. I hit some of my usual good spots but no such luck - such is fishing. I could sure graph some fish on the Vex and had them going up and down with my Angel Eyes and Glow Devils and other lures but it didn't matter, not even the best of lures work sometimes. There were about a half dozen others out and a couple of spearers, don't know how they did.
Later.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Russ & Judy! Merry Christmas to both of you! Half of team Drake is up on Upper Red with some of our guests (the work never ends~lol, tough job!). Yep, Judy he's giving his new stuff a try...have to let you know if it worked or not!

One of our guys went to Blackduck and got into a perch bite and will download that pic later, so I know what lake we'll be fishing the morning! Gotta search for some fishin hot spots for folks, and now that the ice is getting thicker for driving (and below freezing temps is making more) people are calling and planning ahead, so we've got to get fishing!

Have a great Christmas and hope to see you soon!

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Drake (edited 12-25-2002).]

Well according to the pictures on your drakemotel.com website there are some nice fish to be caught smile.gif & a great place to stay! All this work and no time to fish & play. frown.gif
Merry Christmas & fill the rooms & put the customers on fish!
“FISH” grin.gif

------------------
http://www.icesaws.com/

Mike sorry about the fishing trip at Red because of the tiny wind storm and a few flakes that were falling, we will get hooked up yet., and Mike after a few windsor 7,sevens the lake grew to 100 miles by 200 miles and the snow was over the windshield of the truck (giggle)

Yeah that "slight" breeze and "few" flakes were something huh grin.gif But today you can see more than 10 feet in front of you so going to give it a try again. That one spot we were at on Saturday and only got one crappie was fished near by two guys Monday (amidst the storm) and they got 15. So come on up and join me!

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]