• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Guppy~Sorry for not posting back to you sooner, things have been a little busy around here lately! As far as Moose Lake, we haven't hit it lately, when we have had a chance to get out we've hit Blackduck Lake. Had some folks who went over to Moose last weekend, but they were unable to find the access. The last report that I have on Moose for the gills is fishing off the weedline (and out to 15'), across from the access and over to the right (right before the lake curves around). The northern bite was pretty good in that area for some of our folks in that area too. Hope to hit Moose in the next week or two ourselves.

Pimuche hasn't been hit in the last couple of weeks. Our folks that have previously done well on bluegills have fished the far north end and near an eagles nest. We do have some folks who are at South Twin right now where they did well a couple of weeks ago on different panfish that were REAL nice size ones.
Will let you know how they do and if we make it out to Moose in the next few days.

Has anyone else out there hit either of these two lakes in the last week or two that can give Guppy a more definite starting point?

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Hey Guppy~South Twin produced a nice batch of bluegills today, as well as a bass. Not quite the pounders as a couple of weeks ago, but some that were really nice. Trolling along the weedline (out from the landing on the left shore)with nightcrawlers.

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

I fished Moose twice over the 4th of July weekend and did OK. Was primarily walleye fishing, but wasn't able to coax any into biting. Caught 4-5 smaller northerns each time out though. They were fun until they broke my live bait rigs! I broke a total of 5 in 10 hours or so of fishing. Found a few crapies next to the deep reed line located north of the sunken island each night around dusk. Overall, very pleasant fishing. So can anyone tell me how to consistently catch walleyes on Moose?

Mortsintoit. Are you talking about the Moose east of Island lake or the Bigger moose South of there.

Both Moose lakes have very nice walleyes, Crappies, Sunfish, and northerns in there. I concentrate my efforts on the moose next to Island lake.

I guess either lake has a lot of the same structure in it. Walleyes in little moose like the sunken Island and the drop offs. Usually in the past this time of year a Yellow Spinner with a crawler was the only thing I could catch walleyes on. Its worth a try. If that doesn't work, Try a lindy with a very long snell. And an 1/8th oz. weight. tipped with a leech.
I hope this helps you.
Good Luck.

------------------
Kupcho's Guide Service
Upper Red, Winnie, Blackduck Area
http://fishingminnesota.com/blackduck/
Phone:(651) 426-1545
E-mail: [email protected]

Kupcho: I was referring to the Moose Lake just east of Island Lake by Northome. I too have had luck by the sunken island, the outlet, and some of the sand bars that extend off the points. Given the clear water and time of year, I think I should have spent more time fishing deeper, as most of my time was spent around 20 feet or less. Thanks for the tips!
Mort

mortsintoit, Try working from the edge of the sunken Island from 33 feet up the edge. And try around the whole Island. This seems to work for the walleyes out there. Slip bobber fishing for them works pretty well too. Just a couple more Ideas for you.
Good luck.

------------------
Kupcho's Guide Service
Upper Red, Winnie, Blackduck Area
http://fishingminnesota.com/blackduck/
Phone:(651) 426-1545
E-mail: [email protected]