• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm coming to blackduck the first weekend in june. Can anyone tell me some good lakes to fish .
For walleye's or big northers

It wounld help out a lot thanks

Welcome to the forum stickjones! For walleyes and northerns you Definitely want to give Blackduck a try. The cooler water temperatures made a difference for opener weekend, but things should be going well soon. There are many great lakes in the Blackduck area, big and small.

Winni is a great lake for walleye as well as Leech. Round Lake is also a great lake to hit for walleyes in June, as well as Big and Little Cut Foot. Island Lake has been a recent topic of discussion on this forum and is a pretty tempting lake to try also. A friend stopped in and was saying Dora Lake produced some nice walleyes over the weekend and is a good early summer lake for eyes. Big, Pimushe, Rabidue, Clear and Big Rice are also in the area that are good for walleyes and northerns.

And to add yet one more lake to the list for some monster pike would be Upper Red. Northerns over 40" are nothing surprising up there, the crappies are GREAT...just remember at Upper Red you can't keep the walleyes for a few more years.

This area has some great lakes and as we hit the different ones we will post on here and on our site how we do as well as how the other folks are doing here at the different lakes. If there's a specific lake you're interested in let us know!

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

I'm also coming up the first wee of June with my dad 6th and 7th.

Looking forward to the reports as they come in...

------------------
John K., a.k.a. wastewaterguru
Prior Lake, Minnesota

Welcome to the Blackduck Forum Guns12! Had some folks that tried Gilstad last weekend, but the cooler water temps (and the clear water) didn't do anything for the panfish bite. Hopefully with the warmer temps coming in that will turn things around.

Since the wind is going pretty strong we are going to head out to Moose with a group of folks in a little bit, instead of Red, so we'll let you know how we do. Aside from walleye and northern, Moose is also good for the crappie and other panfish. Kitchi, North and South Twin, Meadow, Rabideau, Noma, Bass, Pimushe, Big and Little Cut Foot are just a few of the local lakes that are known for some nice panfish.

Most of the folks we have talked to so far this fishing season have been doing the same as us..Red Lake for crappies and the other lakes for walleyes. Hopefully someone out there has been panfishin' and can say if any of them are producing yet smile.gif

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

I'm coming to stay at the Drake on June 6th and 7th. I wanted to know if there will be other people there that would be interested in joining forces on some of the local lakes. I have never been in the area and am bringing my father who has never fished in Minnesota.

It would be great if we could head out with another boat or two.

Anyone interested in hooking up and fishing either Thurs night the 6th, all day the 7th, or morning on the 8th?

------------------
Prior Lake, Minnesota

Hey everyone, Lakes in June... There are a lot. The best chance for walleyes and "BIG" northerns is Island lake. Other lakes are Gull, Blackduck, Pimushe, Cass, Winnie, Leech...
For crappies other than Red are Gull, Blackduck, Winnie, Moose and Bowstring. These lakes are harder to find the fish, but the size of these crappies is something else too. There are some big crappies in these lakes. But not as consistent as red is for catching them.
Have fun fishing everyone and good luck!

------------------
Kupcho's Guide Service
Upper Red, Winnie, Blackduck Area
http://fishingminnesota.com/blackduck/
Phone:(651) 426-1545
E-mail: [email protected]

Hey Wastwaterguru, you'll have to let us know which lakes you are wanting to try when you get up here as it normally doesn't take much to get Mike out to the lake with the folks here! Last night there was a group of seven of us who all went out to Moose, we scanned a lot, but unfortunately the wind wouldn't allow us to fish in the "hot" area. This morning (from around 9 to 12:30)we all went out to Upper Red together and around 70 fish were brought back in between the three boats smile.gif

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Drake (edited 05-23-2002).]

Hey Paul, get back up here 'cause I don't think Mike'll be able to get out there on the night of the 6th....besides, you need to have a night out there without me so maybe you can catch the biggest fish grin.gif (Couldn't resist!)

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Species and lake really doesn't matter. I would love to get my dad into a big northern or two but some nice bass, walleye, or crappies would be fine.

Looking forward to meeting you.
We'll be up around 1 or 2 PM on the 6th.

------------------
Prior Lake, Minnesota

Pwaldow123,

I'll provide the bottlebass. I think that would be a good time. Can you give me an estimate of how long a drive it is from Prior Lake assuming I'm at the speed limit or 5 to 10 over.

Drake,

Don't feel too obligated to send someone out with us. I'm sure I could do alright on my own. Just thought it would be safer and a lot more fun to be out with another boat or two on lakes I've never been on.

Do you have topo maps for most of the lakes in the area?

------------------
Prior Lake, Minnesota

[This message has been edited by wastewaterguru (edited 05-24-2002).]

If I don't already have the map printed out, just let me know when you get here which one you want and we'll get it off the DNR site for ya.

Paul's right about not taking the excuses away on going fishin' grin.gif Mike usually says 'They want me to go with so they know the spot I'm talking about', sounds like a good reason to go fishin'...plus we always have a great time hitting the lakes with other folks.

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Drake (edited 05-24-2002).]

You're right. I probably will stay home unless you help us. Come on Paul......Pleeeaaase.

Is that better? You have to be able to do better as a guide up there than I did on Prior.

------------------
Prior Lake, Minnesota

Are the fish goning to still be bitting next weekend. Do you think there going to be in shallow or are they starting to move deep?
Last year we did really well on blackduck. but they were hard to find because they moved deep.
WE also plan on fishing red for northers what isw best way to catch them . we normaly troll husky jerks any other good ways
thanks for all the help

Drake,

I got the brochures in the mail and I am looking forward to next week.....

Hope we get some favorable weather !!!!!!!!!

Pwaldow123,

Are you in???? I know I'm gonna need some help.

------------------
-------------------------
BASS SEASON IS UPON US.
Here Piggy, Piggy, Piggy.
-------------------------

Glad the stuff made it to you..lots of lakes to choose from! Boy that's a tough one trying to get Paul to get on the lake grin.gif

Stickjones~The bite on Blackduck is better in the evening right now..have a guy here who is fishing in the day with his buddy and no matter what they try they aren't having a lot of luck (just a few) in the daytime hours.

Northerns on Upper Red~Had a couple guys who fished Red today (said they spent a few hours on the southside and it was slow, but they moved north of the public access and picked up 11 crappies as well as sheeeephead)
BUT, they said a little fella around 7 or 8 years old was fishing off shore with his little snoopy fishing pole and he reeled in a 17 pound northern. So much for all our fishing techniques! smile.gif

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

just got back from 3 day's of hard fishing
thursday fished the door lake bridge cought lots of fish. that night went to blackduck and between 2 boat caught 7 walleyes friday went to red and found the crappies and just ssmoked them . that night went back out to the duck only caught 3. but on saterday night 3 boats caught 19 we also left early
one boat stayed and caught 15 of the 19.
But still a great weekend