• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Blackduck Fishing Contest

The date is set for the Blackduck Jaycees Fishing Derby...Saturday, February 9th. The contest is for game fish.
Prizes include a trip to whereever you want valued at $1,000, augers, etc.
The entry fee for the contest is $5.00

There is also a raffle for $1.00 per ticket. The prizes for the raffle are:
1st Prize- A Ruger 10/22 Magnum; 2nd Place-$150; 3rd Place-$100 and 4th Place-$50

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Hi Raven...I haven't heard of anyplace in Bemidji that they are on sale at, I am trying to get ahold of the gal to see.
We do have tickets here (Drake Motel) which is real close to the contest. We are located on the access road of Hwy 71 on the right hand side.
The tickets are $5 per contestant, and kids 10 aqnd under are free with a paid contest ticket. See below for the prize list.
They are also doing kids drawings for ages 10 and under, which is free (does your granddaughter fit in this age group?)
They are also having an early bird entry for $200 drawing. I believe those are for tickets sold prior to Feb. 9th.
We also have the raffle tickets which are $1 (1st place Ruger 10/22 Magnum, 2nd=$150, 3rd=$100 & 4th=$50).
The prizes forthe top 13 largest game fish are:
1st - Portable Fish House
2nd - Vexilar Fish Finder
3rd - Buddy Heater
4th - Hand Held Digital Sonar
5th Auger
6th - Aqua View
7th - Vacation
8th - Auger
9th - GPS
10th - Limo Service
11th - Gift Cert. for Rocky Mountain Boots ($80)
12th - Turkey/Fish Cooker
13th - 1/2 Day Guided Fishing Trip with Carl Adams.
They are also giving $25 for (1) 1st fish caught, (2) Biggest Perch, (3) Biggest Rough Fish and (4) Smallest Game Fish.
There will be concessions on the ice (provided by the boy scout troup), but no bait will be available on the ice.
Let me know if you have any other questions...GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER!!!!

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]

Really appreciate your response, Drake. I have to head up your way this coming week to buy some corn; so will just stop in and pick up the tickets from you then.

Again, much appreciate.

Raven

Are tickets on sale in Bemidji? If they are, who handles them? I am wanting to take my granddaughter. Any advice you can give would really be appreciated.

Drake:
I was wondering what time the contest is scheduled to start and how long it runs. Also, where on the lake is the tourney held. I have a trip up to red planned for that weekend so a sat afternoon trip to blackduck would be mighty fun!!!Thanks.
Ruegs23

Ruegs~The contest is scheduled on Saturday, Feb. 9 from 1 to 4 and it will be at the public access. If you do decide to sign up for it, you might want to get your ticket early as they will be picking up the entry stubs that day or the day before and they will do an early bird entry drawing for $200. But now we find out that Brainerd has changed their contest from this weekend to the same date due to ice conditions....I just talked to someone from the Jaycees about the conflict (as many people do both contests) and the Jaycees here in BD will be having a meeting sometime this weekend...and will contact us Monday to let us know if anything changes.
That's the way to do it..go up to URL and get your slab crappies then come down to BD and get the whopping northern or walleye and win the fish house or the Vexilar..that would be a good weekend eh?

------------------
Drake Motel
drakemotel.com
(888)253-8501
[email protected]