• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Northern Pike Fishing near Indian point

Could anyone tell me if there are any hot cabbage patch area's near indian point. I am also interested in peak shoreline trolling area's. With all the walleye action, I would think there would be some fine nothern action.
Thanks
Rick

Rick -
Haven't fished the edges in Vineland yet, but did have a nice one break me off 2 wks ago on Indian Point. Wasn't thinking pike, so the 6lb line wasn't quite up to the rocks. My net also was a bit small - had it to the boat 3 times, but my partner couldn't get it.
Cabbage seems a bit behind this year. Might be a couple weeks early.
gte

Rick, If you're familar with the area around Indian Point, about 1/2 way into vineland bay there is a reef or ridge that begins between Eddy's and the inside of Indian Pt. Towards the shore you wil go thru a bit of a hole 25 - 28'..Inside that hole towards the shore it shallows up to 10 - 13' then tappers to weed edges just off shore. Lot's of folk working pike & Muskie on this area! Good Luck, Happy Hook'n Big Jim

I have also heard that there is a little hump approx 1 mile north and east of Indian point that I don't show on my map. I heard it is a good northern/muskie spot as well as walleyes in the winter. does anyone know anything about this spot. I will agree with previous post that the edge of the cabbage in vineland is very good for pike, especially in august

Rocky -
The hump you refer to is small. Hopefully those who fish it do so with others in mind. Happy hunting.
gte