• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

German shorthair puppies

Does anybody have or know a place that has German Shorthair puppies now or in the next months,in Southern to central minnesota?

Thanks for any infromation

One of the or the main keys to picking a good bird dog is picking the right litter. Some people say "I got the best pup in the litter"- Well most of the time that means absolutely nothing. I happen to have a fine shorthair. I told myself I'd drive clear across the country to find the best dog.
I found her in Iowa. Do some research and you will come through. Just remember to do your yardwork with live birds. When you hunt over a great dog, more has gone into that than just a pick. Get a good book and keep the training consistant. I'm no expert, but I believe I did everything expertly. There is nothing like seeing your dog shining and running circles around other dogs in the field. That's when it all pays off! And she comes home with me! GL it's fun- -NS-

Hey I have it for you! You may need to travel a bit but believe me it is well worth it!!! I bought a german Short hair from a guy who now lives in the Staples area. He breeds soft mouth and retrieve as well as a bit smaller than average (great for in the house). I am not kidding, I have sence had the oppertunity to hunt with his mother, sister and brother on many occasions and am very pleased! He will be breeding my dogs (gunner) sister (lilly) in march. There great grandfather was featured on the cover of Field and Stream in jan of 97. These dogs come from excellent blood lines. If you have any questions and are serious let me know. you can contact me at [email protected] or [email protected] The owner also offers training for a low price as well. These dogs are priced at about 4-450. Well worth the drive. Gunner is a house dog and I have a 4 year old and a 19 mo old, who will not leave him alone and he has never showed a bad side toward any one or any thing.

Hi,

A good friend of mine purchased a German Shorthair (he has hunted upland and waterfowl with excellent success) from John Secord/Manvel, ND. He lives about 10 miles north of Grand Forks, ND. He has very good bloodlines and is very involved as a breeder. See address below>>>Good Luck

Secord Jon & Melissa
2668 17 St NE Mnvl ND 58256 (701) 696-2087

Im looking for a gsp female to breed with my dog.
I want another short hair and would really like one of my dogs pups!

He is pure brown so most likely half the litter would be brown also.
If anyone is intrested let me know!

Thanks

Hey Sander I am not sure but I don't think the guy has found a stud for his female yet you could try him. Drop me a note I can get you intouch. [email protected] I don't really want to give out his info over the site. sorry but e-mail me.
Shorthair guy.

Before you buy a Shorthair you should talk with Phil Mathiowetz of Windwalker Kennels in Goodhue. Here's his website http://www.windwalkerkennel.com/ He is a wealth of information on the breed.

He has a big string of dogs and should be able to provide you with a dog that will suite your needs. If he doesn't have what you want he'll probably refer you to someone who does. He also guarantees his dogs. He's got big runners, medium runners, and short range dogs. He also has about 304 litters due in the March timeframe. His dogs run around $500 and you get what you pay for. Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.

• 1 month later...

Just curious, because I dont know much, heh, heh.,
But why do you do this to the tail on a pointer.
I'm assuming docked means cut shorter,
I seen another guy with one like this, but never bothered to ask as I thought it maybe got it caught in something.

we docked it because that is the way the german standards are for the breed. It is suppose to be like a finger pointing while hunting.