• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Attention Non Resident ND pheasant hunters

Smallie

ND legislature is cutting down non-resident pheasant hunters. The proposal is limiting non-resident pheasant hunters too - two 5 day periods instead of all season.

I have family in south eastern ND. They say that it sounds like it's the bigger metropolitan areas creating this rucus. You know there not the ones that own most of that great pheasant land and duck hunting.

These little towns out there get some major revenu from us non residents. I beleive there cutting off there own people of business and srticking up for wealthier people who have more political bull ****!!!

I will not go back out there agin if this new law passes not for a hundred bucks. It's just is a cheap to go to a game preserve. "Not exactly the same but beats giving my money to them"

If a person could take and use those two 5 day periods how he choose. You should not have to desginate your times you will use these. If you take 1 day here and two another day and so forth. Sorry for long message but I beleive this is a bad deal for North Dakota small towns, and non-resident hunters.

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

You would really think that would be a bad idea for them. That will be takeing alot of money from there state, I mean what else would you go to north dakota for?? Miles and Miles of nothing!

It appsolutely great for hunting but I couldnt find myself going there for anything else.

I know im not going to drive there every year for a 5 day hunt once a year.

When I was there this year I think the waterfowl was already that way but pheasant you could hunt everyday.

I hope they do not change it, we were way over buy montana and the people over there were great, everyone let us hunt, there were birds everywhere, and we planned on going back every year.

We were there for 10 days I dont think 5 would be enough, might have to go back to Colorado elk hunting, thats the trip we canseled to go to ND... Oh-well theres nothing we can do

http://www.geocities.com/wish_i_was_fishing2002

It doesn't sound like this has been decided yet, most of the resident hunters beef is with the guides and outfitters.

Your right though, it would be cheaper to go to a preserve.

I hope like hell they dont do the 5 day 2 week deal either.

I wish more MN. farmers would get in on the CRP deal, we need MUCH more CRP land for these very few Minnesota birds to survive in.

I would sure love to get even HALF the quality hunt in Minnnesota compared to ND, and to hunt in my own state were you feel more welcome.
I live in Moorhead, and I would probably have to drive atleast a couple hundred miles south, just for 2 birds, if even that.

But atleast we have our fishing and deer hunting , EH?

Hopefully this will not pass through but its in the process of getting done. People are mad with the guides and outfitter most of them are bancrupt farmers who turned to the pheasant dollars.

Yes if we had MN farmers get more involved with habitat preserve and CRP we would watch the numbers and jump dramatically.

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

Well This is really disturbing to hear that ND is once again trying to limit non-resident hunters. If they do goto a 5 day format I will not be hunting there any more. What a waste. I think we should start charging $100 for non-res fishing licenses. Looks like I will be venturing else where for my pheasant hunting...

Keep us posted.

Chev

I think a better idea is for MN to goto a five day , renew as many times as you want for $100 licence for non-resident fishing. SoDak does it for pheasants and now ND is moving towards it. Of course the resort owners would fight that tooth and nail. But fishing is our best weapon, lets use it. Watch what happens in the legislature this year, with budget deficits looming big time, licence fees (or 'user fees', the popular term) will be going up. Lets stick it to the non-residents like they've been doing to us. Another good example is the raising of licence fees for big game hunting in Colorado, Montana, etc.

hey black jack has north dakota really been sticking it to you i dont think so. i am from n.d. I belive one of the main reasons for the 10 day or 2 five day upland license is to stop out of state corporations from buying land and driveing the land and tax price up n.d. did this with waterfowl in the late 70s for the same reason. There is alot of bull**** going on in north dakota right now lets just hope they dont pass a tresspass like mn. has or we will all be screwed personaly i dont mind out of state hunters in n.d. but this year where i hunt around sakawea they were more people than i have ever seen. b sander lets face it ifthey do pass this and you hunted around the mont border for 10 days you could still do this under the new format of 2 5 day hunts or 1 10 day hunt and what is another 13 dollars for your license because i believe you pay 87.00 now. and yes it is guides and outfitters that that take there clients on plots land and other public land that are the root of the problem. I think the res. of n.d. are just trying to keep all hunting in n.d for everybody and not just a rich mans sport I hunt with a guy from m.n that has 1000. acres around linton he bought for hunting and he put it all in plots maybe a answer to the problem would be if a out of stater buys hunting land he should have to put it in plots for a few years I dont know the answers to these problems but lets hope they dont screw it up for everybody i dont want this forum to become a n.d. mn. bashing forum this is just my opinon cross your fingers and hope they come up witha answer that keeps everybody happy

[This message has been edited by grousehunter (edited 12-29-2002).]

Ditto again.
Wouldn't it be nice
to go way out west,
like around Mott, and
actually have land to
hunt, without having to
pay someone

Pheasant hunting is/has defintely turned to a richman's sport. My dad's family is from the Sakakawea area and I've been hunting with him and his family for almost 20 years. Since I've moved to MN 8 years ago, it's bad enough to pay $85 for four roosters, but I still love getting the chance to hunt out there, and for my son in 11 years. I had poor luck hunting MN pheasants this year, but can't complain for my first year trying to hunt pheasants here.

Unfortunately, I only make it for three days each year to ND - hopefully more through the upcoming years. I'm all for ND trying to "help" the average hunter. If you can hunt 10 days of your choice, I can't complain. If it's 10 mandated days, it will be an overrunned, ugly mess.

It's frustrating so see my favorite pastime get chiseled away, bit by bit, every year. Anyone have any ideas on what can be done? In-state, out-of-state or nationaly?