• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minnesota High School Football

walleyefisher0990

Does anybody here follow high school football? How are the teams looking? Who do think will take the titles this year?

There's too many classes to keep it straight.

I watch for the hometown score and a couple areas where I have friends with kids playing or coaching.

I like nine-man because it's so wheel's off.

I live in Lakeville and it seems like we lost alot of seniors... However I'd have to say Eden Prairie and Lakeville again in the end.

Buzzsaw,
I was in Lakeville this past weekend watching my boys (2 playing for White Bear) scrimmage Lakeville, Armstrong and Owatonna. They saved WB vs Lakeville for last and it turned out to be a heated match up. Hard to tell from a scrimmage but our 1st O pounded their 1st D with 4 TD's. Their 1st O got 2 against our 1st D. Lots of Trash talking..the boys from both sides were pumped to get after it!! Owatonna and Armstrong both looked very good with awesome passing games. Was fun to watch. We open up with Minnetonka this weekend.

Dave

sheepheadslayer, you shouldnt let the cat out of the bag just yet. lets surprize a few people first!!!!

they are always contenders, everyone knows that!!! We will get a look friday night. Can't wait to see them tear that nice field up.

• 2 weeks later...

Well last night i sat on the bus for 45min. going to the game only to get there and the power is out so we sit around for 2 hours in our pads and they tell us we are playing tomorrow(today) at 2. well i had planned an evening goose hunt with a few other players. so we decided to go in the morning. somehow my alarm doesnt go off and i end up waking up late and i cant get a ride out. Well i get a call about an hour ago and they tell me they limited out in 2 hours. Now if the stupid lights would have worked last night i woulda got my crack at those geese tonight. That team has got it coming tonight for screwing up my goose hunt.

We beat Elk River pretty soundly last friday 34- 14 giving up two touchdowns the last two minutes,good way to introduce ourselves to the NWSC.
We lost last night to anoka 41-42, tough game and hard to swallow, but we spotted them a nice 28 point lead going into half and we couldnt dig out of our hole, a lot of pretty questionable calls, but anyone who plays at goodrich knows what I am talking about, its pretty sad when the refs have anoka football shirts underneath the stripes, or when the clock keeps running when they are setting the chains, but play above it I guess, bring on osseo this week.
Best Fishes
Chris

PS MJ your team starting out a little rough losing 23-0 to blaine and MG, but they played two tough teams, we'll see how they do at their homecoming.

I must respond to Huskiesplayer15.The Anoka- Andover game was a Great game to watch.Andover marched up and down the field to score 6 second half touchdowns. They should have kicked the extra point to tie the game.Their kicker was strong and accurate.But they tried the pass one time to often and missed the 2 pt. conversion to win the game. On their final drive,on 4th and 10,the ball clearly hit the ground first, yet the official called it complete.Seems fishy for the (anoka ref) to do that.GREAT GAME but don't blame the officials.Good luck with Osseo, DrJ.

IFallsRon,

Nice to see a vote for the 9-Man. Where is your hometown? IFalls is 11-Man right? We always caught **** from the area 11-Man schools, yet none of them would play us.

Granny

huskie,
Thats what I heard, CR is slipping huh. When do you play them? Tough loss to Anoka huh, I never liked played at Goodrich either, Blaine can be the same way. But then again, we got some "home" calls at CR too, thats just how its gonna be, gotta keep playin. Man I miss high school football smile.gif Enjoy it while it lasts Chris, college football is definitely not as fun...just ask my L-5 disc grin.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
[email protected]
Metro Area Ice Fishing and more...

Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio-Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle
Fish Fever

Have to go with the defending 4A champions & my former school... Totino Grace.

They got beat by Wayzata (5A power house) for the 4th straight time but destroyed St. Francis last week.

I'd have to agree with taxman, Totino is the team to beat in 4A. They haven't lost much from last year.

Huskie, good game against the Elks. I heard you guys came out ready to play. Tough loss last week against the inner-district rivals.

Matt, where did you play college ball?

Rogers is still looking for their first win, hopefully we will pick up the first "w" this Friday against St. Francis.

Yeah the game with anoka is over the most important game is the next one on schedule, dont overlook a game and dont dwell on the past. We will definatly bring it against Osseo at home on friday, we will have the whole team firing on all cylinders.

Matt, we play coon rapids next friday for their homecoming, can you say spoilers?

Best Fishes
Chris

New Ulm Cathedral walked all over Redrock central tonight 35-6 that makes us 3-0 on the season, two tough games in the next 2 weeks, at mcloud west and at wabasso.

Huskies???, is that Andover? I graduated and played at Anoka, so their number one in my book, but you guys are number 2. You guys did great against ER so keep it up.

yeah I went there for my freshmen year, and then I moved so it was kind of weird looking at my "old" team you could say, I was an anoka tornado since second grade, but for the experiences and how much character I learned from taking our lumps the first two years i wouldnt trade it for the world.
Best Fishes
Chris

I graduated from Blaine and have always been a Bengal fan until this year. My son is a senior at Andover, took my 7 yr. old to our first Huskie game against Osseo and changed my colors. "Huskie Player" keep up the awesome job, your a blast to watch!
P.S. noticed you were rated #1 in passing after the Anoka game in the Star Tribune, keep up the good work.

Thanks, but the passer you're talking about is Alex moses, his screen name is moses2535, I was the kid who caused the fumble on the second kick-off. I take it your son was there for youth night? I am a youth referee, so I am sure I have had to ref for him before. Thanks for being in the stands it was a fun game!
Best Fishes
Chris

huskie i play for centennial on the sophomore team and our varsity team is having a hard time in the new conference. We played the blaine sophomore team tonight and lost 22-24, we missed the two point conversion with 30 seconds left. High school football is awesome.

Every team takes their lumps, that is for sure. Our first two years record was 2- 15. keep your head up, stay positive, things can only get better, plus in the NWSC no game is a gimme.
Best Fishes,
Chris
******* Tackle Field Staff

Hate to break it to you Mj, but cards lost their homecoming 25-27, making them 1-3 and us 3-1. Good game though, there was definatly a return to defense.
Best Fishes
chris